Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Your just making up stuff and you know it.

After the Bucs game on Dec 12 the Pats were 2 full games ahead of the bills in the AFCE standings. Obviously we know how the season ultimately played but it could have been much different and the Bills were very fortunate to play a very soft closing schedule.

Also nobody is fearmongering, just pointing out that other teams have talent and expectations too and aren't going to bow down to the Bills along the way which was part of the problem last year with this team's inconsistency.

There’s nothing made up about it trigger!  It wasn’t nearly as dire as you want to make it out to be.  At all.  The bills easily won the east as they should have.  

Also, who thinks other teams are going to bow down to the bills?  This is the nonsense that goes in in your head.  You’re the queen of “fearmongering”.  The majority of your posting consist of letting us know how the bills can fall apart,  fans will revolt if there isn’t a super bowl win, the staff isn’t good enough, etc.   Take a Xanax and learn to enjoy yourself. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

People truly have short memories and seem to forget this team was a mere 11-6 last year and at one point trailing the Pats by 2 full games in the division late in the season. And no matter which way it's spinned their season ended in the divisional round last year.

And while I agree that the Bills are the prohibitive favorites and team to beat in the division entering the season, that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to do that especially with how loaded the Dolphins roster is (which is still think is better than Buffalo in a lot of areas minus QB of course), and a feisty patriots team with a good young QB and 6 time WC head coach lurking on the sidelines.

The Cheaters and Bills would have been tied if not for the wind game.  That was proven by the thrashing they administered to them in the next 2 games.  And the Cheaters got far worse over the off-season.  They're feisty because they know they have a bad team.

As for the Dol, the Bills are still better almost everywhere save for CB and arguably WR.  We'll see how they much they've closed the gap.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

People truly have short memories and seem to forget this team was a mere 11-6 last year and at one point trailing the Pats by 2 full games in the division late in the season. And no matter which way it's spinned their season ended in the divisional round last year.

And while I agree that the Bills are the prohibitive favorites and team to beat in the division entering the season, that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to do that especially with how loaded the Dolphins roster is (which is still think is better than Buffalo in a lot of areas minus QB of course), and a feisty patriots team with a good young QB and 6 time WC head coach lurking on the sidelines.

ba ha ha ha

On 8/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Your just making up stuff and you know it.

After the Bucs game on Dec 12 the Pats were 2 full games ahead of the bills in the AFCE standings. Obviously we know how the season ultimately played but it could have been much different and the Bills were very fortunate to play a very soft closing schedule.

Also nobody is fearmongering, just pointing out that other teams have talent and expectations too and aren't going to bow down to the Bills along the way which was part of the problem last year with this team's inconsistency.

You are a Dolphins fan, correct?

How did both Bills vs Dolphins games go last season?

The Patriots won a fluke ‘wind’ game vs Buffalo… and then please tell me how the next two games shook out.  

Stop with this nonsense. Who cares who was ahead of who?  Your team and our team played a pretty similar schedule, no?  Had the Bills not had the biggest 13 second meltdown known to man, they could’ve been Super Bowl champions.  But they weren’t. Regardless, your Dolphins were golfing.  

On 8/16/2022 at 5:40 PM, FilthyBeast said:

The dolphins and pats don't need their QB's to be superstars to be contenders and/or threaten the Bills for the AFCE crown.

It's just weird seeing a fan base who went through 17 years of disappointment and failure look down on other teams that have a lot more success overall and bills mafia is setting themselves up for a major humbling if things don't go as planned...which is pretty much SB victory or bust at this point.

You must be the life at parties…I think the fact that we suffered a 17 year drought gives us the RIGHT to make fun of lesser teams and especially the ones in our division. I’ve been clowned for being a Bills fan my entire life and put up with so much abuse so I think it’s my time to gloat. 

• Agree 1

I’m telling you he’s going to have good stats in the offense because like SF with Jimmy G, they hide their qbs. Lots of screens and open throws. But when it’s 3rd and 10 with the game on the line, that’s where his lack of major talent will show up. 

these Bama qbs. Has there been a good one? I like Young but man, it’s so easy to be good there. 

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m telling you he’s going to have good stats in the offense because like SF with Jimmy G, they hide their qbs. Lots of screens and open throws. But when it’s 3rd and 10 with the game on the line, that’s where his lack of major talent will show up. 

these Bama qbs. Has there been a good one? I like Young but man, it’s so easy to be good there. 

I actually think Mike McDaniel has a pretty bright offensive mind. There is a reason Shanahan took McDaniel with him everywhere he went. You are right about Tua's fit in the offense. It features lots of screens, slants, and short crossing routes, all of which play to Tua's strength: his accuracy in the short game. I believe he will put up pretty decent stats, particularly if they do well in the RAC area. I think any consistent downfield success for Tua will depend entirely on how the run game goes and how well Tua does with play action. His real struggle willl come, as you say, when he has to throw (especially downfield) and the defense knows he has to throw.

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I actually think Mike McDaniel has a pretty bright offensive mind. There is a reason Shanahan took McDaniel with him everywhere he went. You are right about Tua's fit in the offense. It features lots of screens, slants, and short crossing routes, all of which play to Tua's strength: his accuracy in the short game. I believe he will put up pretty decent stats, particularly if they do well in the RAC area. I think any consistent downfield success for Tua will depend entirely on how the run game goes and how well Tua does with play action. His real struggle willl come, as you say, when he has to throw (especially downfield) and the defense knows he has to throw.

His rep is as a good offensive mind, but I think a head coaching role is an entirely different beast that he's perhaps unsuited for. 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It's very possible they'll be a playoff team because they do have a good defense and this nerd McDaniel is crafty with the offense.  Where I question that team is, as you said, when push comes to shove and they have to throw the football, as well as how strong of a leader the HC is.

8 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

His rep is as a good offensive mind, but I think a head coaching role is an entirely different beast that he's perhaps unsuited for. 

I agree that being a head coach is much different than being a coordinator and that not all coordinators are equipped to be head coaches. However, I don't believe we have any information to say whether or not McDaniel has what it takes to be a successful head coach. I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

14 minutes ago, eball said:

these Bama qbs. Has there been a good one?

Ok I am old but from the Cro-Magnon period, 3 HOFers in Starr, Namath and Stabler.

From the Saban era not so much.  Michael MacCorkle and Tua will be average QBs at best in this league over time.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Ok I am old but from the Cro-Magnon period, 3 HOFers in Starr, Namath and Stabler.

From the Saban era not so much.  Michael MacCorkle and Tua will be average QBs at best in this league over time.

You did the quote thingy wrong.  That wasn't my quote.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I agree that being a head coach is much different than being a coordinator and that not all coordinators are equipped to be head coaches. However, I don't believe we have any information to say whether or not McDaniel has what it takes to be a successful head coach. I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

Fair enough. I'm indexing entirely too much on that recent interview he did where he was talking about Tua. His whole demeanor seems like a schtick that would wear thin in a locker room. 

On 5/24/2022 at 5:43 PM, FilthyBeast said:

A lot of experts insist Tua would have been the #1 overall pick in 2020 if not for the injury he suffered in college. He definitely was elite in Alabama playing on a powerhouse program and was still a top 5 pick regardless.

Whether or not he truly takes the next step in the NFL remains to be seen but I think he's been a lot better than people have given him credit for these last few years and all young QB's take time to develop as we are all aware with JA17's trajectory thus far.

He's been noticeably worse than a player like Mayfield and has consistently been in the bottom 1/4 of starting QBs since entering the league. He's closer to Sam Darnold than he is to JA at this point.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.