Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think he's hit his peak. He has nothing more to offer. 

He can put at the work in he wants but it's not gonna make him even 1% better. 

Hit his peak? Really? I don't think this is the case because he's still learning the NaFL game and pace. He hasn't played that much due to injuries and other coaching decisions. He can definelty grow and get better. However, I don't think he will wvwr be elite or a franchise QB. He can be a better version of Goeff or Jimmy G. Both of them went to the super bowl. 

23 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Seems sacrilegious to say this on TBD but while he is a limited quarterback in some ways he also does tend to hit his targets in game situations. I think he could be as good as Dak or Kirk Cousins and they have won their fair share of games. Will he be a top tier QB .. nope, but very likely a 2nd tier, if he continues to put in the work.

The way I look at it is that his absolute ceiling is Kirk Cousins and he's currently not anywhere near his ceiling. His optimistic upside is Jimmy Garrappolo. Currently he's a physically limited one-read QB which is barely even backup level.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Hit his peak? Really? I don't think this is the case because he's still learning the NaFL game and pace. He hasn't played that much due to injuries and other coaching decisions. He can definelty grow and get better. However, I don't think he will wvwr be elite or a franchise QB. He can be a better version of Goeff or Jimmy G. Both of them went to the super bowl. 

ok.  Hit his peak is a little harsh.  I just don't see him overcoming his limitations (height, pocket awareness, arm strength).  I'm sure he can improve on things but think he is always going to be limited and not get much further than a good backup QB.

• Agree 1

I am not sure watching the Patriot game last week if I have ever seen a player put up decent numbers in a game but be less impressed than I was with Tua.  I mean literally there was nothing he did that was really impressive. Maybe the throw to Waddle for the TD on 4th down but Waddle did all the work.  The offense scored 13 points and he made a number of mind numbing decisions in the game and bad throws that luckily didn't cost them.

If they are impressed with him, they are simply very easily impressed.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I am not sure watching the Patriot game last week if I have ever seen a player put up decent numbers in a game but be less impressed than I was with Tua.  I mean literally there was nothing he did that was really impressive. Maybe the throw to Waddle for the TD on 4th down but Waddle did all the work.  The offense scored 13 points and he made a number of mind numbing decisions in the game and bad throws that luckily didn't cost them.

I was more impressed with Geno. 

And he only threw 195 yards. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think he's hit his peak. He has nothing more to offer. 

He can put at the work in he wants but it's not gonna make him even 1% better. 

He is at least a Michael Vick, who was never really great except in the press. 

I always find it amusing how some spend their time saying how much TTa is better than you think when entering the NFL and also how poor Josh will be.

Hmmmm

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I watched the game and I have to agree. His biggest gains of the day were:

(1) the 42 yd TD by Waddle. This was a good throw and Tua's strength - a 10 yd pass over the middle and he hit Waddle in stride. Waddle did the rest (aided by bad angles by two NE defenders),

(2) a 26 Yd pass to Hill that was floated 20 yds and caught by the defensive back. Hill literally took it away from the DB,

(3) a 23 yd pass to Hill. The throw was 19 yds, Hill didn't have a defender within 5 yds of him and the thow felt like it took forever to get there, literally just slightly less time in the air than Allen's 55 yd thow to Diggs

(4) an 18 yard pass to Hill where the throw was to the LOS,

(5) a 16 yd pass to Mostert that was a throw to the LOS,

(6) a 15 yard pass to Edmonds that was thrown 1 yd beyond the LOS.

Inside the New England 40, he was 2-4 for 9 yds, two sacks, one fumble, one dropped interception, and no touchdowns.

Every attempt over 15 yds seemed to be a struggle.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

Impressive comments

After they play the Bills, his comments will be revised slightly;

"If you can't see me, it's because all I see is Miller, Phillips, Basham and some guy named Rousseau."

"If I can't see you, it's because all I see is sky."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I think the Miami fans have false hope. It's something Bills fans did with many past Qbs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I can't wait until Tua sees the contracts that his fellow class of 20 QBs Burrow & Herbert get and demands the Dolphins match those for him.  😄

I really hope he earns that second contract and is there for a long time, they'll be mediocre as long as Tua is around.

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Seems sacrilegious to say this on TBD but while he is a limited quarterback in some ways he also does tend to hit his targets in game situations. I think he could be as good as Dak or Kirk Cousins and they have won their fair share of games. Will he be a top tier QB .. nope, but very likely a 2nd tier, if he continues to put in the work.

You should have watched the game then.

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

Impressive comments

Wow that is horrible...

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

So Chad Pennington??? That sucks... hahahahaha

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Definitely channeling his inner JP Losman at press conferences...I was waiting for a Yoda reference.

Maybe they can get him a booster seat or something…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.