Bills Sniffing Around Amari Cooper

BillsShredder83

Cooper has been a boom or bust receiver his whole career, a good but not great player. If he came reasonably cheap 6 to 8 million) on a one year deal I would love it. Move Diggs to the slot and have Davis and Cooper on the outside. But I wouldn’t like to see the Bills break the bank on him either.

• Agree 1

IMO... Unless he gets cut and signs a deal for considerably less than he will get on the open market, My money says this is all hogwash designed to get another team to blink to Dallas's trade demands

It looks like he is due $20 mill in 2022... Not an icebergs chance in hell we absorb that... I also don't see the Bills rushing out for an extension immediately to offset that cost

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Cooper has been a boom or bust receiver his whole career, a good but not great player. If he came reasonably cheap 6 to 8 million) on a one year deal I would love it. Move Diggs to the slot and have Davis and Cooper on the outside. But I wouldn’t like to see the Bills break the bank on him either.

Better for him to get an incentive based contract where he can make more if he performs.

He plays with Josh who finds receivers and he gets enough catches that teams think issue was Dallass not him.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

57 followers and just started tweeting 3 days ago. No.

agreed, but overall it makes sense, and Dean is pretty credible... if it werent for Dean i wouldnt give it much thought.... but logically, theres no way Beane isnt at the very least doing his due diligence.

hey if we think we can "get the best version of yourself" out of him, that could be incredibly scary.  he dissappears and i hate that, but he also takes over games. would trust the process if we made the move

• Like (+1) 1

For what it’s worth: the Pegulas have been consulting with Jerry Jones and co about the new stadium construction.

So as far as the Bills “visiting Arlington”, I view it as more likely that it was to discuss stadium/business than to hash out a trade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I cant speak to the credibility of this neccesarily, but due diligence atleast makes sense.... and former poster Dean Kindig seems to have info that we met with Dallas. Again speculative, but worth keeping an eye on!

I wonder what things people like you believe on twitter.

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Cooper will cost to much imho.  And, the hot/cold comment above is exactly correct.

Is it hot/cold, or is it that he comes up small in big moments? My impression has been the latter, that he wilts under pressure. 

18 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I cant speak to the credibility of this neccesarily, but due diligence atleast makes sense.... and former poster Dean Kindig seems to have info that we met with Dallas. Again speculative, but worth keeping an eye on!

They might make a play if cut but they are not taking him on with a contract bigger than Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I wonder what things people like you believe on twitter.

Honestly, who cares.  If someone posts a trade rumor that you think is ridiculous, just move on.  

I get it when someone posts something from “EPSN”, but this - albeit far fetched - isn’t that.  

Relax.  It’s almost FA.  Let people speculate, my goodness. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Honestly, who cares.  If someone posts a trade rumor that you think is ridiculous, just move on.  

I get it when someone posts something from “EPSN”, but this - albeit far fetched - isn’t that.  

Just move on.  It’s almost FA.  Let people speculate, my goodness. 

Hey if he gets to make NEW threads with bogus bull#### instead of adding onto the Cooper thread, I will do what I want.

The best part of your post is you didn't take your own advice. "JUST MOVE ON"

Edited by TBBills

I wouldn’t be mad if the player signed here, but I would be disappointed if there was something traded for him. I just don’t see it as an ideal fit with our current Structure and his Number. He can be a major asset on the field when focused. I think not having the “black Kirk cousins” as his quarterback might be something he would appreciate. Just quoting him.

• Vomit 1

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

For what it’s worth: the Pegulas have been consulting with Jerry Jones and co about the new stadium construction.

So as far as the Bills “visiting Arlington”, I view it as more likely that it was to discuss stadium/business than to hash out a trade.

A very good observation. Although I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills having some interest in Cooper generally speaking. I think they "leave no stone unturned" when it comes to the WR market.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Hey if he gets to make NEW threads with bogus bull#### instead of adding onto the Cooper thread, I will do what I want.

Dean was a highly respected poster here for a long time, who got ran out by the same behavior you're exhibiting.  You missed the part where i did add it was very speculative at this point and worth keeping an eye on.

Do you believe Beane hasnt picked up the phone to at least inquire? He's an interesting prospect to consider, and could be a monster with Allen. You never know

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Dean was a highly respected poster here for a long time, who got ran out by the same behavior you're exhibiting.  You missed the part where i did add it was very speculative at this point and worth keeping an eye on.

Do you believe Beane hasnt picked up the phone to at least inquire? He's an interesting prospect to consider, and could be a monster with Allen. You never know

Gronk is better at going OVER THE MIDDLE.

28 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

agreed, but overall it makes sense, and Dean is pretty credible... if it werent for Dean i wouldnt give it much thought.... but logically, theres no way Beane isnt at the very least doing his due diligence.

All he confirmed is that they were in Dallas. Why would they go in person to discuss a trade? That's what phones are for.

Also here's what Amari Cooper had to say about Buffalo when he was asked about it in 2020:

https://theathletic.com/1569231/2020/01/29/are-the-bills-shaking-the-siberian-stigma-it-depends-what-matters-to-nfl-players-in-free-agency?source=user-shared-article

“Location, location, location,” Cooper said when asked his impression of Buffalo as a free-agent destination. “If I had to sum it up in three words, that’s what they would be.”

What about money, money, money?

“I don’t think it’s all about money,” Cooper said. “Most players in the NFL, and if you’re a highly touted free agent, you’re going to get paid a lot of money no matter where you go. So is it worth it to go somewhere you don’t want to go?

“You might be a guy like me, who is from South Florida and has never played a game in the snow. Is it worth $1 million more a year or $2 million more a year, especially if you’ve been taking care of your money? Is it worth that to be in an environment you don’t want to be in? Or would you rather stay somewhere in the South?”

No thanks.

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Relax.  It’s almost FA.  Let people speculate, my goodness. 

22 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Funny when multiple personalities fight each other.

• Haha (+1) 3