Love from Rich Eisen for JA

BisonMan

His numbers in the postseason were off the charts. 134 rushing averaging 7.88 YPC, completed 77.4% of his passes, averaged 318.5 passing ypg, 10.3 ypa, 9 TDs, 0 INTs, 148.99 QB Rating, 94.4 QBR. We scored a TD on 12 of our 16 postseason possessions that did not result in a kneel down to end the game.

We have the best QB in the league and he's only getting better.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 11

17 minutes ago, Chicagobills said:

We already knew Josh was our guy and how good he is. The rest of the NFL is learning that as well. Tough loss last night we could of won the Super Bowl this year

I'm still pissed about this...there are no guarantees in life...you only get so many shots at this and the Bills blew a golden opportunity in the most idiotic way possible. It doesn't even make sense how badly they blew this from a coaching standpoint.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm still pissed about this...there are no guarantees in life...you only get so many shots at this and the Bills blew a golden opportunity in the most idiotic way possible. It doesn't even make sense how badly they blew this from a coaching standpoint.

While I agree with your assessment that they(The coaches and defense) blew a golden opportunity yesterday, I disagree with you that you only get so many shots. While true for most teams and players, in today's NFL the best of the best still get them year in and year out. Brady, Manning, Mahomes and now Josh Freakin Allen. After his postseason performance he's the best player in the league from this point forward.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Allen has earned wide respect across the nation and in the media. There are no doubters anymore. We believe, fans of other teams believe, the media believes, his teammates believe. He believes in himself. But the scary thing is-  have we seen his ceiling yet? I don’t think so. He can get even better. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Strangely, I think a Chiefs’ fan could have written this exact same post if they didn’t pull off that 13 second drive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Once again the guy talking to Rich bringing up Josh’s first two years doesn’t realize the supporting cast he had around him. 
I dare even Mahomes to try to win with Charles Clay, Kelvin Benjamin, Robert Foster, and Zay Jones 

Well that’s what these guys do though now, right? Look at stats and such completely out of context? It’s the reason why the MVP “debate” only centers around QB and who throws for the most yards/touchdowns. People look at the stats and don’t really watch the players. Josh’s stats from his first 2 years fits the narrative that most of the national media had about him so that’s why it sticks around 

8 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Josh Allen has earned wide respect across the nation and in the media. There are no doubters anymore. We believe, fans of other teams believe, the media believes, his teammates believe. He believes in himself. But the scary thing is-  have we seen his ceiling yet? I don’t think so. He can get even better. 

There are people out there that don't believe Josh even has a ceiling.  The guy played two perfect playoff games.  You literally couldn't ask a QB to do more to get a win.  On one hand I am thrilled that we have the best QB in the league and we will contend for a title for a long time.  On the other hand I am still devastated over yesterday knowing we blew a Super Bowl that we would have brought home the trophy this year.  It was a golden opportunity right in front of us and our coaching/defense blew it.  Its going to take me a long time to get over this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Bills have to get their deficiencies on defense corrected in order to move past Mahomes and the Chiefs offense. Right now, McD/Frazier have no answer on how to stop Mahomes and the Chiefs offense. IMO, the Bills need upgrades from Hughes, Addison, Lotulelei and possibly Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Same here.  

Through the decades I've seen some great quarterbacks, carry their teams, and "will" them on to certain victories here and there.

However, I've never seen anyone do it like Josh does.  When he's on his game, he plays on a completely different level compared to all the rest of the players on the field. 

It's a joy to watch, and I am so grateful that he's on our team.

Next year!

Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There are people out there that don't believe Josh even has a ceiling.  The guy played two perfect playoff games.  You literally couldn't ask a QB to do more to get a win.  On one hand I am thrilled that we have the best QB in the league and we will contend for a title for a long time.  On the other hand I am still devastated over yesterday knowing we blew a Super Bowl that we would have brought home the trophy this year.  It was a golden opportunity right in front of us and our coaching/defense blew it.  Its going to take me a long time to get over this.

We will get a trophy. Maybe more than one

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Through the decades I've seen some great quarterbacks, carry their teams, and "will" them on to certain victories here and there.

However, I've never seen anyone do it like Josh does.  When he's on his game, he plays on a completely different level compared to all the rest of the players on the field. 

It's a joy to watch, and I am so grateful that he's on our team.

Next year!

Let's go Buffalo!

When Allen is on his game there is literally no defense that is going to work. Doesn't matter if they are in the right play call, have great coverage, etc...he will just make something happen himself and is unstoppable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Well that’s what these guys do though now, right? Look at stats and such completely out of context? It’s the reason why the MVP “debate” only centers around QB and who throws for the most yards/touchdowns. People look at the stats and don’t really watch the players. Josh’s stats from his first 2 years fits the narrative that most of the national media had about him so that’s why it sticks around 

Good point people who don’t follow the Bills and only ever look at what draft experts and stats guys look at have no idea what Allen dealt with his first couple years…he wasn’t even supposed to see the field his first year but Nathan and AJ where so bad McDermott honestly had no choice 

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

His numbers in the postseason were off the charts. 134 rushing averaging 7.88 YPC, completed 77.4% of his passes, averaged 318.5 passing ypg, 10.3 ypa, 9 TDs, 0 INTs, 148.99 QB Rating, 94.4 QBR. We scored a TD on 12 of our 16 postseason possessions that did not result in a kneel down to end the game.

We have the best QB in the league and he's only getting better.

That is honestly just unreal; unheard of in the playoffs [for reference, KC went 11 TDs on 23 possessions (48%) in this postseason, which is damn good in itself]. A 75% TD rate in the red zone would be phenomenal, but that's a 75% TD rate on all possessions.🤯

We didn't win a Super Bowl (yet), but come on guys, what a fun ride this season has been...and there is only more to come with Josh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chicagobills said:

We already knew Josh was our guy and how good he is. The rest of the NFL is learning that as well. Tough loss last night we could of won the Super Bowl this year

We definitely could have, and it stings. 

Remember where this team was after Indy, Jacksonville, after Tampa? This was that same team, just a few weeks later.

Because of Josh Allen, we are going to feel tantalizingly close to a Super Bowl win, like things are lining up just right for us, most of the next 10-12 years. Even the teams that feel weaker than they should be. 

Sometimes the coin will flip in our direction. And I have all the faith in the world that at least once, Josh will finish the job. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, folz said:

That is honestly just unreal; unheard of in the playoffs [for reference, KC went 11 TDs on 23 possessions (48%) in this postseason, which is damn good in itself]. A 75% TD rate in the red zone would be phenomenal, but that's a 75% TD rate on all possessions.🤯

We didn't win a Super Bowl (yet), but come on guys, what a fun ride this season has been...and there is only more to come with Josh.

Oh I agree. After over 40 years of watching this mostly dysfunctional team I'm going to appreciate great football when I see it. That doesn't mean it wasn't a punch to the gut last night, but this year's playoff team had a much different feel than last year's team. Because of and only because of Allen. The kid is a BEAST!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

He's absolutely right. What's just deflating is that I've thought Allen would be an All time HOF great QB for a couple years now and every year without a Super Bowl is another year wasted as he grows older.

Its not a year wasted.  He grew even more this year.  He’s just 25 years old 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

How many Super Bowls would Peyton Manning have won if he hadn't had the bad luck to have Brady emerge when he did?  Manning won ONE with the Colts while Brady and the Pats beat Manning and the Colts four or five times in the playoffs.  So at least he won one with the Colts (and he was on the field while the Broncos defense won another).  It could be Allen turns into another Manning, usually losing to Mahomes and the team around him.  

The Bills have ONE player they drafted in the first round on offense.  That's Allen of course.  If they had picked up ONE of the WRs with the speed of Chase or Hill, they could matched the skills and exceeded the skills all across the board last night.  We just didn't have anyone who could keep up.  And for the first time, losing Tre White made a real difference in a game.  We really need him back.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Its not a year wasted.  He grew even more this year.  He’s just 25 years old 

Exactly what I was thinking. Last year's playoff loss was on Allen. The AFCCG seemed too big for him, he & we weren't ready yet. Last night his play was nothing short of elite. He's now a one of a kind QB in the league and no game is too big for him.

Wish we could say the same thing about our coaching staff. Hope they learn from this and next year everyone gets their **** together for our playoff run. If that happens we'll win it and there won't be a thing any team could do about it.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

I agree about the "#1 Defense".  Everyone who watched the games closely all season knew we were very average and slow..  

The problem is people conflate "#1 defense" with "elite defense." There weren't any truly elite defenses this year. I am not one who believes elite defenses are impossible to field in the modern era. There just happen to not be any this year. All of the would-be elite defenses have a fatal flaw. Ours is that the front 7 lacks game changers.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He's absolutely right. What's just deflating is that I've thought Allen would be an All time HOF great QB for a couple years now and every year without a Super Bowl is another year wasted as he grows older.

I think the clock started this year. Allen was excellent last year, but in that Chiefs game it showed that he wasn't quite SB caliber yet. This year shows that he now is. His first shot didn't quite work out. I'm beyond excited to see his second shot, next year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Once again the guy talking to Rich bringing up Josh’s first two years doesn’t realize the supporting cast he had around him. 
I dare even Mahomes to try to win with Charles Clay, Kelvin Benjamin, Robert Foster, and Zay Jones 

People also forget (or don't know) that Josh simply never had the number of snaps as a QB in high school and college - he was playing catch up in 2018 and 2019!!

Not only has he caught up, now he is looking at the rest of the field through the rear vision mirror like prime time Dale Earnhardt!

• Like (+1) 1

The whole number one thing is based on yards and points.  Elite defenses get takeaways and sacks, and the Bills did that at times but they didn't threaten other teams aggressively.  Their approach was mostly to limit the damage of enough offensive plays to stop other teams drives.  If there was a sack, well great, but they were able to stop a lot of bad offenses enough without sacks that the need for sacks and takeaways was masked.  Until we played the Chiefs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.