Will the Titans go after Mitch Trubisky?

notwoz

59 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Tennehill doesn't seem to be the answer for the team.

So basically grab another midrange QB that will get you just as far? That's if you can get lucky again and have the chips fall on your side for most games.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Tennehill doesn't seem to be the answer for the team.

I don’t think this happens in 2022.  Only because Vrabel seems to love the way that the offense runs through Derrick Henry.  When the running game is rolling Tannehill is actually very good baiting teams with play action.  AJ Brown is also coming into his own as a WR.  

I think they write off the playoff loss and the season to injury and run in back with Tannehill for one more year at least

The problem is Trubisky isn’t the best option out there this offseason. There’s a possibility Wilson, Watson, Garappolo, maybe Rodgers.  are all available via trade. Then you got FAs like Jameis Winston, Marcus Marriotta, Teddy Bridgewater. 

You could argue he’s the 2nd best FA QB out there behind Winston but in particular I can’t see the Titans with Tannehill going for him as a replacement. Trubisky will sign a 2 year deal somewhere to be a place holder for a young guy but also has enough potential to keep a job  

Edited by gonzo1105

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The problem is Trubisky isn’t the best option out there this offseason. There’s a possibility Wilson, Watson, Garappolo, maybe Rodgers.  are all available via trade. Then you got FAs like Jameis Winston, Marcus Marriotta, Teddy Bridgewater. 

You could argue he’s the 2nd best FA QB out there behind Winston but in particular I can’t see the Titans with Tannehill going for him as a replacement. Trubisky will sign a 2 year deal somewhere to be a place holder for a young guy but also has enough potential to keep a job  

Marriotta isn't going back to the Titans.........really!

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That would be ridiculous.  Aaron Rodgers, AJ Brown and Derrick Henry

Logical spot. He is going to an AFC Team. The Colts are the only other real option. The Titans are the definite favorite to land him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Marriotta isn't going back to the Titans.........really!

I didn’t say he was I was simply stating there are many good options out there that are at least comparable to Trubisky. I was talking in generalities. The titans aren’t giving up on Tannehill who took them to the 1 seed in the AFC for Mitch Trubisky lol

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Broncos too

Possible but after yesterday think both teams will make it happen and he will be with Titans. Titans are like last year's Bucs for Brady. They have big time players on offense. With Rodgers they immediately become favorites to win Superbowl.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/07/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-trade-tennessee-titans/

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Getting there fast...

They're pretty much already there, probably were before the season started. I think the Titans are stuck with Tannehill given his contract. It'd be too much of a cap hit if they release him, and I'm pretty sure given what everyone saw Saturday, no one would be willing to take on that contract

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.