1/9/22 Week 18 Gameday Bills vs. Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

The longest regular season in team history comes to an end this evening. For only our 2nd time in 62 years, we’re enjoying our 3rd straight 10+ win season and our 4th playoff in 5 years! Goodness! How things have changed! Has 17 years of yearning been replaced with apathy in 5 short years or has the brutal weather all season long just forced everybody indoors?

Indoors?? 😳 Hey! THATS an idea.. 

Our old nemesis the NYets stand in the way of our first Back to Back AFCE Titles in 30 damn years and we can’t sell 70k seats! I find myself reminiscing about other late season Jet games with the Division on the line. ‘88 & ‘93 specifically. Would we tear down the goalposts or withstand -30 degree wind chill today?? Granted, we don’t have near the talent today we had back then, but nobody does. It was before Free Agency when every powerfully built team was financially disabled to compensate for pisspoor Drafting league wide. This catapults Bill Polian and the late John Butler on even higher standing today. But we have ONE player who’s already better than any player in team history (Sestak, Kelly, OJ, BRUUUUUCE, Thurman, Cookie, Shaw, Hull & Moulds included!) and he’s only in his 4th year! Josh Allen still hasn’t reached his full potential and with billionaires now flying to outer space, even the sky may not be the limit.

Only 1 other player has accounted for 40 FORTY of his teams’ touchdowns this season (some guy in Tampa..) yet he’s been egregiously overlooked this year because we didn’t match last seasons’ win total.🤦‍♂️ We’ve had numerous threads about Allen and there’ll be thousands more in the future. He’s isn’t everything we hoped for. He’s Better than anything we hoped for! He has set the new standard for what every team dreams of, already garnering places in team and League annuls with jaw-dropping plays on a weekly basis. Colin Cowerd said it best this week; “I can’t quit on Buffalo because of Josh Allen”

Even if we somehow lose today, does anyone really care? We have the Ultimate playmaker in the sport and he handles the ball every offensive snap. Home or Away, the League is on notice that Buffalo has the best player alive leading their team. We have a few great players, namely Stephon Diggs, Hyde/Poyer/White and Tyler Bass. Then there are very good players who support them in Dawkins/Morse & Milano. But Allen singularly makes every player on the team better than they actually are. Even then, the offense still hasn’t learned to anticipate that ANYTHING can happen with him, despite the initial play call. He still has doubters here (smfh) and fans of opposing teams Want and Try to criticize him, but they’ve already made fools of themselves and if fates allow, they’ll be foolish for at least another decade! 

So here we are. Yes, Back to Back banners flying from the flag staff would be great! It WAS a high level dream of ours. But our superstar QB renders it meaningless going forward. Division titles aren’t what the oft-criticized and overlooked Josh Allen is about. 

Hoisting the Lombardi Trophy is.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Ill take this outcome...

Bills, Bengals, Titans, Colts, Miami, Raiders all win.

Titans Bye

Pats at KC

Colts At Cinci

Raiders At Bills

We would have the same outcome if the Bills lost and the rest happen too.  But screw that.  Kill the Jets.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Ill take this outcome...

Titans Bye

Pats at KC

Colts At Cinci

Raiders At Bills

We would have the same outcome if the Bills lost and the rest happen too.  But screw that.  Kill the Jets.

Yeah this would be nice, esp. since I feel we have much better chance to beat Titans in divisional than Chiefs, and there would be 2 chances to knock out Chiefs before we play them. Will not happen though.

Anyway, it does not matter today. Like you said, kill the Jets.

I remember listening to that '93 Jets finale to win the division on the radio at a family party because I believe the game was blacked out locally.  We were all in the basement because that's where the best sound system was.  We erupted when Van Miller said "no good" for the Jets go ahead field goal attempt.  Simpler times. 

Now I'll pry watch it on the 70 inch 4k UHD or whatever the hell I have with NFL Redzone on the other TV.  Anyways, go Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hadn’t watched the Josh Allen draft video in a while-the interview with Susie Kolber was trash. Josh handled things like a pro immediately, but all she did was pepper him about those tweets that had come out. She asked 3 questions and they were all trap questions. Josh has definitely exceeded expectations and had been nothing but class since the moment he was drafted 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Anyone remember a Jets player laying down in the EZ wearing the Green to “hide himself?

Well.   They want to try it again

A Rex Ryan special 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/new-york-jets-trick-play-endzone-hiding-percy-harvin-rex-ryan

screen-shot-2014-10-27-at-11-25-26-am.pn

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

I hadn’t watched the Josh Allen draft video in a while-the interview with Susie Kolber was trash. Josh handled things like a pro immediately, but all she did was pepper him about those tweets that had come out. She asked 3 questions and they were all trap questions. Josh has definitely exceeded expectations and had been nothing but class since the moment he was drafted 

And that is why he will never ask to kiss Suzy Kolber.

51 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Anyone remember a Jets player laying down in the EZ wearing the Green to “hide himself?

Well.   They want to try it again

A Rex Ryan special 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/new-york-jets-trick-play-endzone-hiding-percy-harvin-rex-ryan

screen-shot-2014-10-27-at-11-25-26-am.pn

Funny enough I just watched a video of "Greatest trick plays in NFL history" video on youtube and this was in it.

The other player that received the ball (think it was actually Harvin at that time) faked a throw to him and ended up getting downed at the 2 yard line.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Ill take this outcome...

Titans Bye

Pats at KC

Colts At Cinci

Raiders At Bills

nice outcome but I don’t see Miami beating NE not the Raiders beating The Chargers

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

I think I've watched every YouTube video there is on Josh Allen. My wife is getting worried. Every time she walks in the room I'm always watching another one.

It’s not that you’re watching them, it’s that your pants-less that has her worried.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Agree on the Allen takes. As for SuzieSmooch, eh, in context, this Draft was all about the QBs leading up. The BS story that was planned to break then was the story on the eve of the event. So it Had to be discussed, imo. She wasn’t needling him and accepted his answer and moved on with other questions.  

Yes, I’d kiss her..🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

The longest regular season in team history comes to an end this evening. For only our 2nd time in 62 years, we’re enjoying our 3rd straight 10+ win season and our 4th playoff in 5 years! Goodness! How things have changed! Has 17 years of yearning been replaced with apathy in 5 short years or has the brutal weather all season long just forced everybody indoors?

Indoors?? 😳 Hey! THATS an idea.. 

Our old nemesis the NYets stand in the way of our first Back to Back AFCE Titles in 30 damn years and we can’t sell 70k seats! I find myself reminiscing about other late season Jet games with the Division on the line. ‘88 & ‘93 specifically. Would we tear down the goalposts or withstand -30 degree wind chill today?? Granted, we don’t have near the talent today we had back then, but nobody does. It was before Free Agency when every powerfully built team was financially disabled to compensate for pisspoor Drafting league wide. This catapults Bill Polian and the late John Butler on even higher standing today. But we have ONE player who’s already better than any player in team history (Sestak, Kelly, OJ, BRUUUUUCE, Thurman, Cookie, Shaw, Hull & Moulds included!) and he’s only in his 4th year! Josh Allen still hasn’t reached his full potential and with billionaires now flying to outer space, even the sky may not be the limit.

Only 1 other player has accounted for 40 FORTY of his teams’ touchdowns this season (some guy in Tampa..) yet he’s been egregiously overlooked this year because we didn’t match last seasons’ win total.🤦‍♂️ We’ve had numerous threads about Allen and there’ll be thousands more in the future. He’s isn’t everything we hoped for. He’s Better than anything we hoped for! He has set the new standard for what every team dreams of, already garnering places in team and League annuls with jaw-dropping plays on a weekly basis. Colin Cowerd said it best this week; “I can’t quit on Buffalo because of Josh Allen”

Even if we somehow lose today, does anyone really care? We have the Ultimate playmaker in the sport and he handles the ball every offensive snap. Home or Away, the League is on notice that Buffalo has the best player alive leading their team. We have a few great players, namely Stephon Diggs, Hyde/Poyer/White and Tyler Bass. Then there are very good players who support them in Dawkins/Morse & Milano. But Allen singularly makes every player on the team better than they actually are. Even then, the offense still hasn’t learned to anticipate that ANYTHING can happen with him, despite the initial play call. He still has doubters here (smfh) and fans of opposing teams Want and Try to criticize him, but they’ve already made fools of themselves and if fates allow, they’ll be foolish for at least another decade! 

So here we are. Yes, Back to Back banners flying from the flag staff would be great! It WAS a high level dream of ours. But our superstar QB renders it meaningless going forward. Division titles aren’t what the oft-criticized and overlooked Josh Allen is about. 

Hoisting the Lombardi Trophy is.

Go Bills!

Watching the Denver/ KC yesterday was a reminder how important it is to get the most important position on the field right, Denver trying to win games with caveman football and having a QB manager.  Thank-you John Elway for passing on Josh Allen and taking Chubb.  Allen is a stud and will only get better as the Bills continue to provide him more pieces.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.