Is Josh Vaccinated?

BillsfaninSB

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If he's not I feel he will be fined for violating the protocols for his post game interview where he was not wearing a mask inside the Patriots facility. 

I can't figure out the rules on masked/unmasked in interviews.  Almost no players wear masks, but Hyde was wearing one in the Patriots post game.

Does that mean....Poyer got vaxxed but Hyde didn't?  😲

5 minutes ago, 716er said:

He has been to at least two places where a vaccine is required to enter (Shea's and HSBC Arena).

Make of that what you will.

5 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Well he went to see Hamilton on opening night at Shea's.  I have tickets for New Year's Day, and can't attend without proof of vaccination.  So unless the rules do not apply to him, he must be vaccinated.

I see your point, on the other hand, this spring, Josh's girlfriend Britt Williams posted pics of shopping in Target with their Silver Lab puppy.

People who are Not Josh Allen and Not Josh Allen's Girlfriend probably get told to leave and return without the dog.

RHIP probably applies

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I see your point, on the other hand, this spring, Josh's girlfriend Britt Williams posted pics of shopping in Target with their Silver Lab puppy.

People who are Not Josh Allen and Not Josh Allen's Girlfriend probably get told to leave and return without the dog.

RHIP probably applies

You'd actually be surprised how many people take there dogs into stores that they aren't/shouldn't be allowed to.

People don't get paid enough to tell some to take the dog outside and get yelled at by Ken's and Karen's all day so they just say F it.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can't figure out the rules on masked/unmasked in interviews.  Almost no players wear masks, but Hyde was wearing one in the Patriots post game.

It could be or he's just being extra precautious.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You'd actually be surprised how many people take there dogs into stores that they aren't/shouldn't be allowed to.

People don't get paid enough to tell some to take the dog outside and get yelled at by Ken's and Karen's all day so they just say F it.

Fair.  But I think there is still a chance that RHIP could apply. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

RHIP probably applies

To be sure.  But if that happens there would be legal issues for Shea's, if I am depending on its representations on steps taken to make it a safe environment, including special ventilation at Shea's, masking and vaccination  A puppy is a bit more innocuous. 

Just now, Beach said:

nunya

Eh.  It's totally fair on Josh to decline to answer questions about it and say he's going to keep medical info private.  Totally respect that.

But given that the man is the driver for most of the Bills offense this season and the current NFL protocols make a significant distinction, it has to be expected that fans want to know and will scour the InterWebs for clues.

I asked John Madden. This was his reply.

"OK, So yes if he's vaxxed then that means he went and got the shot or two then stopped at ACE Hardware did some kitchen upgrades. Brett Favre. Now if his kitchen isn't upgraded that means that then not, no he didn't get the shot. So likely he needs some BOOM tough actin Tinactin and maybe can play Sunday. Unless he can't. JOE JACOBYYYYY"

So really, it couldn't be more clear.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good point.  Josh has publicly said he hates "name dropping" so one would think in keeping with that, he wouldn't ask for special exceptions.

Also I think his dad is the type of person that would bend his ass over and beat him with a wooden paddle if he ever found out he did.

EenyKphXsAUeMFR.png

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2

If he is vaccinated, why would he not just tell the media he is?    

Is there shame in getting vaccinated?

Seems like it would be super easy to avoid any controversy by just saying "Yes I got vaccinated."

That ends the story.   No more ambiguity.

Because he hasn't done that, I am thinking he is probably NOT vaccinated.

But then again, maybe he is afraid the next question out of some idiot reporter's mouth is going to be "Well, do you think it is fair that you have other players on your team who choose not to get vaccinated even though it could help the team prevent a Covid spread?"

By refusing to answer, he avoids the second idiotic question.

So who knows?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Seems like it would be super easy to avoid any controversy by just saying "Yes I got vaccinated."

But then again, maybe he is afraid the next question out of some idiot reporter's mouth is going to be "Well, do you think it is fair that you have other players on your team who choose not to get vaccinated even though it could help the team prevent a Covid spread?"

So who knows?

Sometimes less is more

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

So who knows?

If I recall correctly, the players had decided early on to keep their vaccination status to themselves so as to not cause any dissention.  Josh is determined to  keep his end of the bargain.  Too bad others are not.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Also I think his dad is the type of person that would bend his ass over and beat him with a wooden paddle if he ever found out he did.

EenyKphXsAUeMFR.png

I don't think his dad is the type of person that would beat any of his 4 kids, but I don't know him - just going by his demeanor in glimpses, what's been said about their family, and how Josh leads.  Josh definitely leads by example, and by giving respect and earning it.

I expect that was learned behavior from his Dad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good point.  Josh has publicly said he hates "name dropping" so one would think in keeping with that, he wouldn't ask for special exceptions.

So we won't be seeing him in commercials asking for a personal discount on his car insurance?

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My guess is that it’s Hyde just protecting himself in proximity to Poyer who, given his wife’s previous posts on the subject, suggests he isn’t among the vaxxed. 

14 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

So who knows?

If I were a public figure and wanted my medical information kept private, it starts with me keeping it private.

Josh hasn't exactly been forthcoming about any of his other injuries - the foot sprain against the Ravens, the shoulder injury against the Raiders, the knee injury against the 49ers, the toe injury in the Tampa game.

There's no shame in any of those injuries, either, but if you don't want to be asked about them or have an issue made of them, keeping quiet is the best path.

Keeping quiet about vaccination does also avoid having his vaccine status used to create media controversy with his teammates, as you note.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

My guess is that it’s Hyde just protecting himself in proximity to Poyer who, given his wife’s previous posts on the subject, suggests he isn’t among the vaxxed. 

Poyer said in a recent interview with Pat McAfee that he's "vaccinated now".  He and his wife have also been photographed unmasked on the field, which is supposed to only be allowed if the family member is vaccinated.  And Poyer/Hyde give unmasked interviews side by side after almost every game, up to the Pats game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

So who knows?

My guess has been that he knew there were strong opinions against it in the locker room, and he chose to answer in a way to keep team unity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.