Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

1. I hope more COVID positives aren't soon to follow for the Bills, but looking logically at how this has gone for other teams lately, I fear there will be more.

2. I read recently that the only reason the NFL didn't want to acquiesce to the NFLPA and have daily testing -- even for vaccinated players -- is because it would be too expensive. It's absolutely MIND BOGGLING to me (though sadly not surprising) that the NFL would so readily put money ahead of the safety of its players and the integrity and legitimacy of its games. Sometimes I hate that I'm so addicted to the Bills, because the NFL is an evil, negligent, greedy enterprise that cares nothing for the safety of its players.

3. It looks increasingly like the final quarter of this season and perhaps the playoffs are going to be nothing more than a war of attrition. This is largely avoidable, but because of item number 2, is NOT being avoided. Very disappointing. 

Yeah it's tightened it's grip it seems. Can only hope each Bills player/coach etc are following guidelines 100% as best as possible and maybe keep it to a minimum 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

26 minutes ago, Logic said:

1. I hope more COVID positives aren't soon to follow for the Bills, but looking logically at how this has gone for other teams lately, I fear there will be more.

2. I read recently that the only reason the NFL didn't want to acquiesce to the NFLPA and have daily testing -- even for vaccinated players -- is because it would be too expensive. It's absolutely MIND BOGGLING to me (though sadly not surprising) that the NFL would so readily put money ahead of the safety of its players and the integrity and legitimacy of its games. Sometimes I hate that I'm so addicted to the Bills, because the NFL is an evil, negligent, greedy enterprise that cares nothing for the safety of its players.

3. It looks increasingly like the final quarter of this season and perhaps the playoffs are going to be nothing more than a war of attrition. This is largely avoidable, but because of item number 2, is NOT being avoided. Very disappointing. 

One reason the browns have had so many is because they are in advanced protocols (along with 6 other teams). They are testing more than all other teams. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This actually isn't the most stupid idea I've ever heard.  It would have the charm of novelty.

I'm surprised there's not more innovation and novelty in the game, on this team in particular. For instance, why not line up Tommy Doyle as an extra blocker and have him be an eligible receiver at the goal line? He'd be quite a target at 6'9". And how about a direct snap to the running back on occasion, or a naked bootleg, or blitzing the entire secondary? Onside kicks and fake punts at unexpected times (like when ahead), going for it on 4th down in your own zone, a surprise drop kick. Let Allen call his own plays for a stretch, go no huddle for an entire quarter (not hurry up, just no huddle, so the D can't substitute). 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Yeah, I'm about 99% sure with looking at other teams, leagues and life in general, the Bills will have many more players and coaches test positive.

sucks for dawkins.

if brown shows up for a couple weeks, especially against NE, and plays well, i think dawkins gets moved to RT or G.  Williams has not been great at RT, but if he can handle it like he did last year, Brown, Dawkins, Morse, Mongo, Williams might be our best combination.

Big loss right now tho.

3 minutes ago, colin said:

sucks for dawkins.

if brown shows up for a couple weeks, especially against NE, and plays well, i think dawkins gets moved to RT or G.  Williams has not been great at RT, but if he can handle it like he did last year, Brown, Dawkins, Morse, Mongo, Williams might be our best combination.

Big loss right now tho.

Brown can barely play right tackle.  The likelihood of him looking good enough to move him to LT is bwhahahahaha.  No

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Brown can barely play right tackle.  The likelihood of him looking good enough to move him to LT is bwhahahahaha.  No

This comment seems a bit harsh.

While he's struggled a few times in recent games, he has looked quite good at RT overall for a rookie -- particularly one drafted in the third round.

I definitely don't think he should move to LT full time, but it won't surprise me if he starts there on Sunday if Dawkins is out. He's listed as the backup LT on the Bills' depth chart.

Edited by Logic

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well couldn't any team lose a "low scoring" game?

Yes. I think the point is thinking and saying the Bills might or will lose isn't welcomed. Even if it's backed up with reasonable articulate facts and opinions. Issue is the original poster could have elaborated on why. Then it becomes more credible or at least more easily disputed. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Logic said:

This comment seems a bit harsh.

While he's struggled a few times in recent games, he has looked quite good at RT overall for a rookie -- particularly one drafted in the third round.

I definitely don't think he should move to LT full time, but it won't surprise me if he starts there on Sunday if Dawkins is out. He's listed as the backup LT on the Bills' depth chart.

Watch the first half of the TB game. He was awful. I watched the game twice along with some breakdowns.  It was a jailbreak in the first half.  Someone got beat on just about every play.  Brown got beat plenty 

i guess if the other alternative is Doyle, than Brown can’t be that bad of a decision. I’d rather have Ike or ford out there at guard than Doyle playing tackle.  He’s certainly doesn’t look like he’s ready for the Nfl of his one snap showed us anything.  

Did I miss this up-thread?

image.thumb.png.bdf5852fb768d8f8753ae007d7dc69b1.png

Notable is that AJ Epenesa has popped up on the injury report with an Ankle injury and has a game status of "Questionable"

Lotulelei is still "Limited" and also "Questionable" for the game.

Allen has no game status, nor does Jerry Hughes

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

So that's almost 1/4 of the league right there.  Why don't they just make them league wide and beat the rush?

(Apparently one feature is daily testing)

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did I miss this up-thread?

image.thumb.png.bdf5852fb768d8f8753ae007d7dc69b1.png

Notable is that AJ Epenesa has popped up on the injury report with an Ankle injury and has a game status of "Questionable"

Lotulelei is still "Limited" and also "Questionable" for the game.

Allen has no game status, nor does Jerry Hughes

So that's almost 1/4 of the league right there.  Why don't they just make them league wide and beat the rush?

(Apparently one feature is daily testing)

They did make them league wide yesterday… everything but the testing 

6 hours ago, Logic said:

So you’re saying we might have chance then? Lol.

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Cole Beasley gonna end up the last one standing 

We’re probably going to find out that most players had it and played last season and that’s why some felt they didn’t need to be vaccinated. It’s starting to smell a bit fishy here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Yes. I think the point is thinking and saying the Bills might or will lose isn't welcomed. Even if it's backed up with reasonable articulate facts and opinions. Issue is the original poster could have elaborated on why. Then it becomes more credible or at least more easily disputed. 

Have you read this board?   It spats negativity of ALL levels at ALL times.  There's a fair mix of fans in here.  Let's not make it out to be like the negative fans are a minority.  Go Bills!

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

You forgot Jacksonville….. but could see this game being a lot closer than expected… especially with the offensive line shuffle again.

Jacksonville's "-3" was factored into that calculation. though I did do the addition in my head at gym. So no promises it's 100% accurate

Carolina D could keep things close if Allen is running for his life on a bum toe. The Bills really have no business losing this game though and if they do they deserve the meltdown that will follow

Edited by arcane

So done with Star.  Guy sits out for an entire season because of Covid.  Fine understandable.  Proceeds to not get vaxxed.  Not really understandable as having a pre existing condition is all the more reason to get vaxxed and any doctor will tell you that. Even still.  Fine whatever.  Proceeds to miss games after catching Covid.  Ok now you are a dumbass but whatever.  Comes back for a few plays and injures his freaking toe, sits out the rest of the game, and is out what is likely now multiple weeks for his toe.  Meanwhile Allen contorts his whole foot and gets sprained.  Dude is going to warrior it out for his team.  In my mind Star is nothing but a money grabber looking for a free ride into retirement at this point.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

34 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Jaguars and the Steelers are both bad and not only did we not blow them out, we lost to both 

I'm confused who people think "JAX" is. I counted the Jags. 

And while Pittsburgh is bad, they haven't had a losing record very much this season, where every other team I listed has had significant stretches below .500 

Either way if you want me to add the Pittsburgh game, the Bills still average well over the spread, which was my original point 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

So done with Star.  Guy sits out for an entire season because of Covid.  Fine understandable.  Proceeds to not get vaxxed.  Not really understandable as having a pre existing condition is all the more reason to get vaxxed and any doctor will tell you that. Even still.  Fine whatever.  Proceeds to miss games after catching Covid.  Ok now you are a dumbass but whatever.  Comes back for a few plays and injures his freaking toe, sits out the rest of the game, and is out what is likely now multiple weeks for his toe.  Meanwhile Allen contorts his whole foot and gets sprained.  Dude is going to warrior it out for his team.  In my mind Star is nothing but a money grabber looking for a free ride into retirement at this point.

Theres probably a bunch of mediocre players on the Panthers waiting for their turn to be paid by BB and McD.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.