Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Same.  Didn’t think I’d be saying this.  I’ve been a backer of Daboll and up til last week, I thought that he’d be back next year (because no one is going to hire him as a HC).  

I left the bar at the end of the first half of the TB game.  It was the National game, I figured I watch the rest @ home because I wasn’t in the mood to talk with anyone after watching how disgusting our offense was.  Furious about the fact that we didn’t call one run (and stunned that some people think that not one play is actually a good idea).  It was then, that I was over Daboll.  He was much better in the 2nd half but a lot of that is just because JA is a bad m************r.  Josh deserves better and would benefit from a good run game.  I just don’t think Daboll has the capability of doing that unless we have an elite OL.  And building an elite OL might take longer than Daboll has as our OC.

The OL can be improved with the draft by using a high pick to take an elite guard or tackle.  We might also find improvement via free agency.  We can also improve depth by the draft. 

It could take a few years of playing together to get them elite but it should not be difficult to improve on the OL. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The OL can be improved with the draft by using a high pick to take an elite guard or tackle.  We might also find improvement via free agency.  We can also improve depth by the draft. 

It could take a few years of playing together to get them elite but it should not be difficult to improve on the OL. 

I agree we can build a great OL….but I just don’t think Daboll will be around as our Oc when it happens.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Our psyches need a 36 to 6 blowout and Trubisky kneeling it to end the game and 100 running yards by someone not named Josh Allen and a defensive line that doesn’t give up any 80 yard runs. This is basic mental health here, people.

The Panthers have looked terrible at times this year, but given the connections between the two teams, I'm sure they will bring their best this week and they would love to close the door on the Bills season...

I'll take any win to keep the season alive..

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I’m not gonna tell you you’re wrong but it was ‘not one carry with a rb’ and just about everyone that plays the bucs abandons the run because that’s playing right into the strength of their defense.  Certainly there’s plenty of evidence to criticize Daboll at this point though without a doubt but a lot of it comes down to execution…every time we have a chance to win a huge game someone’s foot slips or someone drops a pass or someone commits an awful holding penalty or the rules just stop applying to for the opposing defense… he’s probably just as frustrated as we are lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually am wondering if Trubisky playing could be the best thing for this offense to regain some semblance of balance. 

With Allen they will try to takeaway the deep balls with safeties, the won’t  worry about the run other than spying Allen and containing him inside, and then they will blitz in hopes that Josh can’t continuously exploit the underneath.  With our bad blocking, poor running, abundance of penalties, and lack of big plays it is the recipe that works. 

Put Mitch in and it only gets easier as you don’t need as much cover 2, you have extra safety to stuff run, or blitz, or drop into overage.  No Allen will give them an extra defender in affect. 

We don’t have a “heavy package” with 2 big TEs and a fullback.  In fact our backup TE is hurt.  If Tribisky starts we will need a surprise look and some way to run the ball better. 

It would be nice to get some turnovers and better special teams play this week. 

16 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m not gonna tell you you’re wrong but it was ‘not one carry with a rb’ and just about everyone that plays the bucs abandons the run because that’s playing right into the strength of their defense.  Certainly there’s plenty of evidence to criticize Daboll at this point though without a doubt but a lot of it comes down to execution…every time we have a chance to win a huge game someone’s foot slips or someone drops a pass or someone commits an awful holding penalty or the rules just stop applying to for the opposing defense… he’s probably just as frustrated as we are lol 

I am really criticizing the OL, not Daboll.  Dawkins is having a bad year, we can blame Covid.  Boettger is not good, he is a backup,  Morris is ok, not a power blocker but ok.  Right guard has been a disaster and RT not much better.  It should be easy to improve this next year because it is below average.  

RB same thing.  I keep thinking  of Moss against NE running straight into the line at the end of the game on the 5 yard line when Spencer Brown sealed the play to go outside for easy yards and only the CB in sight   A good back with NFL speed and NFL vision can read the blocks and cut to the hole.  

Look at all the long runs against the Bills, not once did the runner go to the designed hole, they always cut back against the flow and found the openings.  

We need a better back desperately. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

I am really criticizing the OL, not Daboll.  Dawkins is having a bad year, we can blame Covid.  Boettger is not good, he is a backup,  Morris is ok, not a power blocker but ok.  Right guard has been a disaster and RT not much better.  It should be easy to improve this next year because it is below average.  

RB same thing.  I keep thinking  of Moss against NE running straight into the line at the end of the game on the 5 yard line when Spencer Brown sealed the play to go outside for easy yards and only the CB in sight   A good back with NFL speed and NFL vision can read the blocks and cut to the hole.  

Look at all the long runs against the Bills, not once did the runner go to the designed hole, they always cut back against the flow and found the openings.  

We need a better back desperately. 

Yea watching that I was wondering if he had the speed to turn the corner on that play…guess we’ll never know.  We’ve actually been pretty decent running the football this year but some of these afc teams are just built perfectly to pound the run that we pale in comparison.  Every week when I see the top rbs stats compared on the ESPN game preview I am surprised by how many yards singletary has lol 

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we win that game, assuming normal cold winter weather, but nothing weird.

Also assuming Josh Allen plays full game and is pretty much fully healthy.

They are a confident team behind closed doors in the locker room and they believe the division is up for grabs still.  They are taking it one week at a time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think we can all agree this year’s Bills are not as good as we thought. However there are no dominant teams in the AFC and the playoffs really will be a new season. The Bills could play a nearly perfect game in Foxboro but will not get a single call at any critical moment in that game regardless. Book it now: the Bills will not win @ New England in 2 weeks. They will either go 3-1 or 2-2 but will not run the table to finish this season. 

I want to disagree, but the evidence is against me. They keep losing games they should win, or at least I think they should win. That's every game except the Bucs game, which I had rated as a toss up. So maybe I need to adjust my expectations. They're out of whack because I see a terrific team in all respects except head coach (and only his coward fourth down calls) and O-line. Otherwise, they're a Super Bowl team.

It's tough to admit but the Bills are a mediocre NFL football team at best.  1-5 against "good" teams, and 0-5 in close one score games.  

3-5 in their last 8 games is brutal.  I don't think this game vs. Carolina or the Atlanta game are slam dunks by any means.  I do think Buffalo will eek one out here and it will leave us with more questions than answers... so my guess is Bills 23-20.

• Dislike 2

1 hour ago, finn said:

I want to disagree, but the evidence is against me. They keep losing games they should win, or at least I think they should win. That's every game except the Bucs game, which I had rated as a toss up. So maybe I need to adjust my expectations. They're out of whack because I see a terrific team in all respects except head coach (and only his coward fourth down calls) and O-line. Otherwise, they're a Super Bowl team.

Losing to a couple garbage teams like Pittsburgh and Jacksonville set the tone for the problems were having this season. The red flag that our offense was in trouble came early in the season. How does Beane convince Dermott that 80% of this offseason must be OL/RB?

34 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Bills need to almost quarantine these guys. NFL is a covid hot mess. Suck it up and stay home and zoom. Can you imagine Josh in covid protocol Saturday night??  

Competitive advantage to the nfl team that isolates !  
Sadly true.

No joke. This season may need an asterisk by the time it's over. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

It's tough to admit but the Bills are a mediocre NFL football team at best.  1-5 against "good" teams, and 0-5 in close one score games.  

3-5 in their last 8 games is brutal.  I don't think this game vs. Carolina or the Atlanta game are slam dunks by any means.  I do think Buffalo will eek one out here and it will leave us with more questions than answers... so my guess is Bills 23-20.

Oouch this post hurts a little...Hoping we see more of the Bills version of the Bucs 2nd half. That is good enough to advance very far and maybe win it all. 

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Losing to a couple garbage teams like Pittsburgh and Jacksonville set the tone for the problems were having this season. The red flag that our offense was in trouble came early in the season. How does Beane convince Dermott that 80% of this offseason must be OL/RB?

I think it was Jags game when OL 1st had those injuries. Because from week 2-7 offense was blowing teams out. 

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't be the only one sick of all the takes on social media and on here that say "assuming the Bills go 3-1 with a loss to the Patriots..." like it's a foregone conclusion. They beat us by 4 points in crazy weather.

the Bills Mafia group is pretty bad… the “AFC East News, Discussion…” group is even worse.  Bunch of Pats fans trolls on there.

14 hours ago, Billever76 said:

I want nothing to do with dorsey..i dont understand the love for him by the fans..the guy has proved Nothing as far as him being able to become a successful OC..he is UNPROVEN...if dabol goes we need to get the best OC available...one that can call both run and pass plays and knows how to manage an offense with the capabilities this roster has

What do you think of Darrel Bevell?  He might be free if Meyer gets fired from the Jags.

14 hours ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't mind red over white but the all reds suck. Same for the all blues. At the end of the day just win the game. 

I dont mind the all reds. Actually I kind of like them but red over white would be better yes.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I still have no clue what’s going to happen…weather definitely hurt the pats too I’m sure they would’ve preferred not running the ball every play and giving us ample chances to win the game on offense late lol seems like a tossup type game that’s gonna come down to the turnover battle.  It would be wonderful if Matt Breida doesn’t fumble the ball in scoring range to open the game this time lol 

The probably did want to throw the ball at times, but after that first throw by McCorkle Jones, they shelved that idea for emergencies only. 

13 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Looks like we will have to wait till next year to see McCaffery play in Buffalo😉

McCaffrey is the type of player Bean is going to have to be on the lookout for.  He'll likely get dropped or traded by Carolina because of the contract.  At the same time Cmac has to understand that he'll never stay healthy if he continues to handle the ball as much as he has.  IMO in the right situation he would be the best 3rd down/passing down RB in the NFL.

Signing  a guy like McCaffrey would be similar to our signing Lofton back in the day.  Loften was no longer a #1 WR but he was the best damn #2 in the NFL for a couple of seasons.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

“they” being the Panthers, I presume you mean?

They being we look like some half-assed minor league arena football team wearing our red PJ's the BUFFALO BILLS. But if they win the game then who will care. That is the only thing that really matters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

McCaffrey is the type of player Bean is going to have to be on the lookout for.  He'll likely get dropped or traded by Carolina because of the contract.  At the same time Cmac has to understand that he'll never stay healthy if he continues to handle the ball as much as he has.  IMO in the right situation he would be the best 3rd down/passing down RB in the NFL.

Signing  a guy like McCaffrey would be similar to our signing Lofton back in the day.  Loften was no longer a #1 WR but he was the best damn #2 in the NFL for a couple of seasons.

I'm personally hoping Beane gets on the horn to his old buddy Gettleman (if he's still in NJ come March) and trades for Saquon Barkley. Dude is still just 24 years old.

The Giants have him stuck in an ancient offensive scheme with no creativity. Get him in here, rebuild his confidence, and move him around the field like the deadly weapon he is. Let's see if defenses still want to go two-high all game when Barkley is the short outlet in the passing game.

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, Logic said:

I'm personally hoping Beane gets on the horn to his old buddy Gettleman (if he's still in NJ come March) and trades for Saquon Barkley. Dude is still just 24 years old.

The Giants have him stuck in an ancient offensive scheme with no creativity. Get him in here, rebuild his confidence, and move him around the field like the deadly weapon he is. Let's see if defenses still want to go two-high all game when Barkley is the short outlet in the passing game.

NO NO NO. Damaged goods. I live in NJ so I see a lot of the Giants. Barkley is not the player he was in college.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Regardless of the RB chosen and Barkley would be excellent, the selling point is whether they want to extend their career.  Running the ball with Allen being the focus of the defense has it's advantages for a RB used to getting hit by three guys as soon as he gets the hand off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.