Creepy-ass Songs

TheCockSportif

2 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

What's your top 5?  Here's mine.

Benny Mardones "Into the Night"

Toadies "Possum Kingdom"

Gary Glitter "Rock and Roll Part 2"

"Goodbye Horses" by Q Lazzarus

The Normal "Warm Leatherette" (which, strangely, is also one of my favorite songs)

Is that the one from Silence of the Lambs?  If so, yeah, anytime I hear (which I probably won't ever, except in the movie), I'll picture some guy in a female suit dancing. 🤮

And yeah, "Into the Night" is definitely the creepiest, although a great great song.  I have no idea why Benny couldn't have sang "she's just eighteen years old" instead?  It doesn't ruin the meter of the lyric and, at least, isn't statutory rape.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Is that the one from Silence of the Lambs?  If so, yeah, anytime I hear (which I probably won't ever, except in the movie), I'll picture some guy in a female suit dancing. 🤮

And yeah, "Into the Night" is definitely the creepiest, although a great great song.  I have no idea why Benny couldn't have sang "she's just eighteen years old" instead?  It doesn't ruin the meter of the lyric and, at least, isn't statutory rape.

What I've read about the Mardones song is around how he saw his 16 year old neighbor taking out the trash or walking a dog or some such.  Still a great song, but yes, 18 would've been a better benchmask.

And yeah, that other song was from Silence of the Lambs.

47 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I know this, sadly, and that's what makes it even creepier.

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Good Morning Little Schoolgirl

*jaw drops on keyboard tray*

Will I regret looking this song up?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

What I've read about the Mardones song is around how he saw his 16 year old neighbor taking out the trash or walking a dog or some such.  Still a great song, but yes, 18 would've been a better benchmask.

And yeah, that other song was from Silence of the Lambs.

Yeah, I figured Benny based it on a real world experience.  But you change the age, man!

• Haha (+1) 1

Story time.  So, years ago, I was doing some contract work in a store that had not paid their Muzak bill.  What happens when you don't pay your bill, the system stores the last five songs from whatever station/genre it was set to when they cut you off, and just keeps playing them on repeat.  If you're just there shopping, you'd probably wouldn't notice.  But when you're there for two days, you notice.  This location had it set to a 50's style station.  Two of the songs after hearing the lyrics over and over, we gave our own titles to, since we didn't know what they were called.  

Song 1 - The Stalker song - Sung by a guy, about a girl that is dating someone, but he is wrong for her, and should date him instead. A few lines were like how if she would just turn around, she would see him there, watching her, waiting for her. He'd do anything to be with her. 

Song 2 - The Pedophile song - Sung by a girl, about a crush on an older guy who is married, and how he should leave the other woman to be with her, even though she knows it's wrong for an older man to be with a girl as young as her. 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Mr Info said:

The song wasn't creepy. Just had the hey  hey in it (ROCK AND ROLL PART I AND II), no other words.  Gary Glitter was super creepy.  Locked up in Vietnam and Cambodia. Was sent back to England  and in 2015 covicted of sex with a minor. Still in prison for another 10 years. That's why they don't play it anymore at games.

• Like (+1) 2

I always was creeped out by this song about a guy dying in the ambulance after he was in a plane crash. He describes in detail how mangled and bloody his body was and how he fealt through the whole thing.

The song was based on a band member that was involved in a small plane crash and subsequentially died.

The band, Bloodrock, in my opinion was a solid rockband for its time, featuring John Nitzinger, one of my favorite guitarist.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What's creepy about that song?  Lots of other words yes, but creepy?

I nominate:

"Every Breath You Take" -The Police.  Stalker.

"Run for Your Life" - The Beatles.  Abusive.

they're both so upbeat and cheerful until you listen to the lyrics

Neil Diamond said he wrote it about Caroline Kennedy, who was 11 years old at the time. 

• Shocked 1

One year back in the 80's for halloween we played this non stop out of my buddies moms front windows and handed out potatoes to any kiddies who walked up the walk. Dickish I know but no one was injured.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.