To much Doom and Gloom here today

HOUSE

We have a big game coming up against Tom Brady & the Buccaneers

The Bills simply need to secure a playoff spot then anything can happen.

The best place to store the New England game is in the toilet, flush twice and forget this strange weather game

One Last observation, I was proud of the Bills last night, one touchdown away from Victory and the Patriot are suppose to be the best team in the NFL.

The Bills are not off course :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The best place to store the New England game is in the toilet, flush twice and forget this strange weather game

One Last observation, I was proud of the Bills last night, one touchdown away from Victory and the Patriot are suppose to be the best team in the NFL.

I think they would try to flush, but the toilet is already full from the Colts, Jags, and Steelers games. Maybe it’s time to admit they are just full of *****.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Newsflash: Tom Brady and the Bucs are going to destroy this team. Partly because of talent but mostly because I think the Bills spirit was broken last night. 

I think the Bills can beat the Bucks. We shall see

• Like (+1) 1

I love how every week after a loss, a thread like this gets started....we have 5 losses...its a problem....stop spinning like this a turning point to the season. The bills are in deep and have not shown any signs of being able to consistently overcome this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I expected nothing but gloom and doom after last night’s debacle, I would like to remind all who criticized me for stating that the key to winning is running the ball and stopping the run. We can do neither, so, if we do make the playoffs, we won’t get very far. 

I’m hoping for some coaching, scheme, and player changes on both sides of the ball this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I think that those of us who are not so full of misery every week, are just very sad that a team that was dominant in all three phases less than a year ago, can look so discombobulated at times this year. I am proud of the Bills every week, win or lose. That's why I am a fan. But, this team has the players to win it all, convincingly. They simply have not found the will to do so.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zevo said:

I love how every week after a loss, a thread like this gets started....we have 5 losses...its a problem....stop spinning like this a turning point to the season. The bills are in deep and have not shown any signs of being able to consistently overcome this.

OMG :doh:

3 minutes ago, jjmac said:

I expected nothing but gloom and doom after last night’s debacle, I would like to remind all who criticized me for stating that the key to winning is running the ball and stopping the run. We can do neither, so, if we do make the playoffs, we won’t get very far. 

I’m hoping for some coaching, scheme, and player changes on both sides of the ball this offseason. 

How dare you state the obvious. 

I sadly agree with @FireChan. This yet another ‘cave in game’ has produced alleged accusations of McDermott throwing players under the bus, Hyde losing it on a venomous slimebag reporter, Allen’s now tired ‘it’s on me’ postgame rhetoric and guaranteed fewer fannys in the seats in December & January for a team incapable of creating a Home Field advantage.

The charmingly rare occurrence of GM/HC/OC/DC staying together for 4 seasons died an ugly death last night, foul weather notwithstanding. There WILL be changes in this group in the all too soon offseason. There HAS to be.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Honestly it's not difficult at all to imagine the Bills going on a run and winning the Superbowl. No sarcasm. I don't find that at all hard to imagine, I see no reason that couldn't happen. Yes they have questions to answer, solutions to find and challenges to overcome. Negativity is always easy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am not sure how ANYONE, (media included) can draw any conclusions from last nights game.

If the doom and gloom is the focus from last night, you are spinning your wheels

Overall season, I understand

• Like (+1) 1

There are 8 AFC teams with with at least 7 wins and a 5 others with 6 wins close behind.  Right now I can't see the Bills doing any better than finishing the season at 10-7.  Wins against the Bucs and the rematch against the Patriots?  Is 10 wins going to be enough in a 17 game schedule?  And if they make it which of those other 7 teams is the odd man out?  NE, Tenn, Ind, Balt, Cinn, KC, LAC?  My guess is Bengals, Chargers, or Colts.     

Right now our best hope is making the playoffs and going on the road where they seems to play better.  But all margin of error is gone.  A win next week would be a amazing but I'm not running out this morning and laying big money on the Bills to win straight out.  

The "fire McDermott" posts are ridiculous, but alot of doom and gloom posts here are justified. Bills had 7 different chances last night to win the game 

Dawson dropping critical passes

Diggs missing the deep pass in the endzone

Breida fumble 

Allen missing Bease on the last play 

Bad coaching decisions etc etc

Lots of bad stuff last night. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

First of all, the Patriots are not anything close to the best team in the NFL. Maybe the pathetic AFC, but over in the real conference, there are probably 5 teams better. Secondly, what course are the Bills really on. Nobody can deny that their cupcake schedule has been a big reason for their record. This is proven by the fact that other than the KC game (where they played a team in disarray at the time but would probably lose now), they have lost to every team they have faced that has a winning record. On top of that, their wins have come against the literal dredge teams of the NFL whose combined record is 36-50. There is a perspective thing at play so ranking the Bills defense so high or claiming Allen is an MVP candidate when the Bills have played so many games against godawful opponents screams for perspective 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Some of the over reactions on here are toxic after a loss. Some people just love to be miserable.

We just take it one soul crushing loss at a time. It's a long season, you have to pace yourself and not get too toxic all at once. It's a sad sad marathon, not a depression sprint. Now we get back to the film room, see where we could have been more defeated, talk about which coaches to fire, and how the top of a building will keep our opponents more comfortable while they whip the dog crap out of us on national tv. This press conference is over. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Aikman said:

First of all, the Patriots are not anything close to the best team in the NFL. Maybe the pathetic AFC, but over in the real conference, there are probably 5 teams better. Secondly, what course are the Bills really on. Nobody can deny that their cupcake schedule has been a big reason for their record. This is proven by the fact that other than the KC game (where they played a team in disarray at the time but would probably lose now), they have lost to every team they have faced that has a winning record. On top of that, their wins have come against the literal dredge teams of the NFL whose combined record is 36-50. There is a perspective thing at play so ranking the Bills defense so high or claiming Allen is an MVP candidate when the Bills have played so many games against godawful opponents screams for perspective 

Damn, you’re a real charmer.. 🤦‍♂️ Yeah, you’re going to do great things here. I have a nose for this sort of thing.

But, Hey! Welcome aboard! 🙄

43 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Winning cures everything. Sure some folks go to extremes, but there are just as many on the other side of the spectrum that refuse to be critical in any way. 

Is the season over? Of course not, but this team has been underwhelming and inconsistent and that is not up for debate. People are going to be frustrated.

• Like (+1) 1

This team's entire philosophy is based on scoring a lot of points thru the passing game, playing with the lead, and taking the opponents run game out of their playbook.  Forcing them into mistakes when attempting to match score-for-score.  And using the 8 man defensive line to keep fresh pressure on the QB.  When that doesn't work they're in trouble.  Even following that blueprint you need to be able to slug it out and win a street fight every once in a while and this team just isn't built on either side of the ball to fight that fight.  

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Newsflash: Tom Brady and the Bucs are going to destroy this team. Partly because of talent but mostly because I think the Bills spirit was broken last night. 

Bingo

How are they gonna deal with Fournette running the ball and Mike Evans and Chris Godwin?

These guys have little to no chance if Tampa plays the game they should

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's very reasonable for people to be pissed off. Belicheck just trolled the Bills by beating them with a high school playbook. They showed on the screen during the game when it was over it has only happened a couple times in history. This was not a shootout, this was not a "the refs suck" game, this was an ultimate troll job by Belicheck by having a stat sheet that looks like a high school football game and they still won. How do you not expect people to be upset? 

Ahh yes but let's all sit around a campfire and sing kumbaya...

The Colts are right on our heals and are playing great ball, but they still have the Pats and Cardinals the next two games. That is our only saving grace right now,  the Bengals, Colts, Steelers, Raiders, Denver...they all have 2-3 big games left on their schedule, as do we. There's a lot to shake out still, but the Bills are not cruising into the playoffs that's for damn sure, the Bills are proving that they just cannot take care of business against winning teams. Maybe we can limp into the playoffs. If they lose to the Bucs and again to the Patriots, it'll be like the 2017 playoffs all over again where we do not control our destiny and we need help from team XZY.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We've said that twice now. 

No we haven't. They have been locked into a playoff spot basically all year. They are now a loss away from being on the outside looking in. The Bills needed that wake up call.

30 minutes ago, Steptide said:

The "fire McDermott" posts are ridiculous, but alot of doom and gloom posts here are justified. Bills had 7 different chances last night to win the game 

Dawson dropping critical passes

Diggs missing the deep pass in the endzone

Breida fumble 

Allen missing Bease on the last play 

Bad coaching decisions etc etc

Lots of bad stuff last night. 

Unfortunately, the "bad stuff" has happened each time they have played a capable opponent, excluding KC. They are quickly running out of runway to get these problems fixed. The Tampa game will be a good indication of whether this team truly has what it takes to make it to the playoffs.

I'm pissed but I'm not gloomy. This team simply needs to figure out how to stop beating themselves. 4 of their losses they literally beat themselves. The Indy game they got blown out. The other 4? Nobody to blame but themselves.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nonsense. The Bills have been lazy and unfocused all year. They now will play with some urgency. I think we will finally see the Bills we have been waiting for all year.

My concern is after the win they will start reading the press about how they are Super Bowl bound again and revert to the lazy and soft team they have been all year.

if the bills lose to the bucs and pats (again) and finish 10-7, they're 88% to make the playoffs per the New York Times NFL Playoff bot. 

if they lose to the bucs, pats and either the falcons or panthers, they'll have a 1-in-5 chance of making the playoffs at 9-8. 

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I sadly agree with @FireChan. This yet another ‘cave in game’ has produced alleged accusations of McDermott throwing players under the bus, Hyde losing it on a venomous slimebag reporter, Allen’s now tired ‘it’s on me’ postgame rhetoric and guaranteed fewer fannys in the seats in December & January for a team incapable of creating a Home Field advantage.

The charmingly rare occurrence of GM/HC/OC/DC staying together for 4 seasons died an ugly death last night, foul weather notwithstanding. There WILL be changes in this group in the all too soon offseason. There HAS to be.

Agree. 

Continuity is wonderful, but sometimes fresh eyes and thoughts help as well. Daboll has had many ups and downs in his time here. He's had a hand in Josh Allen's growth as well. Sadly, I think this offense has gone as far as it can under him. The Red Zone issues we have had and the way we have continuously wastes great starting field position literally from the opening kickoff of the season to now should be enough to move on. Yes, players must execute however coaching must but players in the best situation for success. I don't believe Daboll does that.

Our defense plays well, however getting manhandled by physical running teams has been and issue not just this season but under Frazier's watch pretty consistently. I don't see a new DC helping much as this is McD's defense just as much as his.

It's time to move on from high dollar aging players as well. Revamp that offensive line. 

And I'm not having the "well our record is..." This team is 3-4 since beating KC. Those 3 wins were against a Miami team that was struggling, the Jets and the Saints C squad. Over the same time we got pounded physically by the Colts and Pats, lost to a Titans team that out physicaled us and lost to the Jags.

This team doesn't look like the same guys that played for each other and had tons of fun last yearbor the year before. Starting back in the off season we have seen

1. Beasley and Hughes publicly squabble over the vax

2. Beasley go off about being boo'd at home (the week of the KC game...ironicly the last time we played well)

3. Josh appearing to go off on the offensive line on sideline

4. Players missing time to COVID list

5. Hyde and Poyer snapping on Sully 

6. McD making his comments about McK and MS last night.

Somethings need to change. While we were building a team that could beat KC, everyone else was building a team to beat is and KC and it worked. Going to be a busy offseason at OBD.

10 minutes ago, Evian said:

No we haven't. They have been locked into a playoff spot basically all year. They are now a loss away from being on the outside looking in. The Bills needed that wake up call.

After the Jags game we said it. After the Colts game we said it. Now you want to be believe the Patriots game is a wakeup call? No, they are who they are.

After the Jags loss we were 5-3 only a game up on the last playoff spot. After the Colts we were one game up. 

The Bills have been pushed already this season. They're a very inconsistent football team.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

30 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This team's entire philosophy is based on scoring a lot of points thru the passing game, playing with the lead, and taking the opponents run game out of their playbook.  Forcing them into mistakes when attempting to match score-for-score.  And using the 8 man defensive line to keep fresh pressure on the QB.  When that doesn't work they're in trouble.  Even following that blueprint you need to be able to slug it out and win a street fight every once in a while and this team just isn't built on either side of the ball to fight that fight.  

It's a major weakness and a fatal flaw when they aren't up and in a position where the team can't get back in it with the run game.

These teams now know this for fact and smell the blood in the water.

Expect teams to pound the rock and bully us from here on out

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.