When Is Star supposed to be back?

Moulds 808080

40 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Why would you get flack ?

Ahh lot people on don't care for him. I feel he is an important part of stopping the run and some don't.

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Just so we are all clear.

The word is:

"FLAK."

No "C" in there.

Fixed no c!! LOL

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

13-3 without him last year.....

And our run D was as porous as it was this past Sunday against the Colts.  Last year we could outscore just about anyone that's why we were 13-3.  It certainly wasn't due to a stellar defense.

Edited by Azucho98

4 hours ago, eSJayDee said:

From what I've seen, he actually is symptomatic, so I believe he needs 2 negative tests & no symptoms, so no real time table.

You sure about that??  I read an article the other day that appeared to state the same, but then when I read it back like three times noticed there was an "if" or something in a convoluted backwards sentence structure that really said: "IF actually is symptomatic".    So unless there was more written someplace I attributed that conclusion to poor grammar.

19 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You sure about that??  I read an article the other day that appeared to state the same, but then when I read it back like three times noticed there was an "if" or something in a convoluted backwards sentence structure that really said: "IF actually is symptomatic".    So unless there was more written someplace I attributed that conclusion to poor grammar.

NO, I'm not sure, I'm just inferring from a couple things I've read.  References made to people "checking up on him", along w/ "could be worse".   If he was fine, shouldn't be a need to "check up on him" just cuz he's "lonely". (& he presumably needs to remain isolated regardless).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Has anyone considered that he could be really sick from covid and not returning anytime soon?

I felt it was ruled out by Micah Hyde last Weds saying "it's great to have him back" and Harrison Phillips saying he's been talking to him and it's good to know that it's not as bad as it could have been.  In context they both sounded as though they felt Star was fine from a health perspective.

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Or even he does return goes the way of Dawkins the rest of the season and sucks?

Yes, absolutely could happen, although less likely with a milder case than with a more serious case that requires hospitalization

21 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

NO, I'm not sure, I'm just inferring from a couple things I've read.  References made to people "checking up on him", along w/ "could be worse".   If he was fine, shouldn't be a need to "check up on him" just cuz he's "lonely". (& he presumably needs to remain isolated regardless).

I could be wrong but I have the impression these guys Insta and DM and Snapchat and (how old fashioned!) text each other all the time just to keep in touch.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

Statistics/sample size.......there is absoltutely nothing to draw from this.

With Star, 13.5 PPG and 87 rushing YPG allowed.  Without him, 27 PPG and 120 rushing YPG allowed.  He absolutely makes a difference.  Even if you waive the numbers away due to sample size, you’re talking about a defense that already has depth issues.  They played 19 games last season and are hoping to play 21 games this season.  His absence puts a lot of stress on the D line, as those snaps have to come from somewhere.

I think it’s clear via the eye test that you’re a better run defense with him.  If he remains out, teams like New Orleans, and the Patriots (twice) are going to game plan to run power sets all day.  Indy ran 44 times out of 66 plays.  Belichick may run 65 out of 66.  That’s a big ask of a defensive line to go without Star when they’ve already had very few snaps from Basham and Epenesa.  You don’t want Basham playing inside or Epenesa at DE against power sets anyway, so your options without Star dry up pretty quickly.  You become predictable, and that is a problem with 4 games coming up in the next 5 weeks against Payton, Belichick, Arians,  and Brady.

Buffalo can roll their helmets out and beat the Falcons, Panthers, and Jets so they’re going to the playoffs.  What they do in the other 4 games will determine their road when they get there.  If it’s me, I want Star out there giving me 35 snaps a game and more if needed.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mattynh said:

McDermott pretty much confirmed he is unvaxed in the postseason presser which is also what was reported in Preseason.  So assuming he is healthy and tests negative he should be available Sunday/Monday and be ready for the Pats game.

If he is unvaccinated, he could be back as early as today if he has been symptom free for 48 hrs (10 days from Nov 14)

But when he'll really be back is 48 hrs after his last symptoms, whenever that may be.

Damn I wish Harry could play.

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can't believe no one was at the airport with binoculars watching to see if Star boarded the plane.  I assume they flew down today, though suppose with a night game could leave first thing Thursday.

I can’t imagine they would arrive same-day, even though the game is at 8:15 PM… right?

On 11/23/2021 at 2:15 PM, hemma said:

Even if he passes all these tests, he’s probably in crap condition.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes a month.

I hope Brown will be back much sooner.

I don’t think there’s any set time for a return.  I believe players usually test negative somewhere around 10 days.  But like others have brought up some to the effects of COVID can linger and we don’t know whether he was able to train on his own.  So conditioning could be an issue

The fact that we dont even know on game day if a player is playing is  bizarre. Somehow we dont know covid status or even if he is vaccinated like its some deeply personal secret like a we are inquiring about what kinky things turn him on. This whole situation makes no sense. At least with Cole B you might disagree with his vax status but he has been open about it and not vague. Star and Spencer ??

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

The fact that we dont even know on game day if a player is playing is  bizarre. Somehow we dont know covid status or even if he is vaccinated like its some deeply personal secret like a we are inquiring about what kinky things turn him on. This whole situation makes no sense. At least with Cole B you might disagree with his vax status but he has been open about it and not vague. Star and Spencer 

This last 2 years has made no sense. This F ing virus is like that annoying relative you can't get rid of. 

On 11/23/2021 at 12:49 PM, Gene1973 said:

I think it's when pigs fly.

when the mice run around the clock ?
Bills had better find another player to replace Star's role and skill.

This finesse D line is not enough against the run game with Lototulei out of the lineup

On 11/23/2021 at 2:46 PM, mattynh said:

Statistics/sample size.......there is absoltutely nothing to draw from this.

Just watch the games. Big difference with Star in vs. Star not in. If you can't see the difference for yourself, all the stats in the world won't help you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Just watch the games. Big difference with Star in vs. Star not in. If you can't see the difference for yourself, all the stats in the world won't help you.

Agreed- I have spoken with people who state he is not that important and it drives me nuts. Star is the most important person in our run defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

The fact that we dont even know on game day if a player is playing is  bizarre. Somehow we dont know covid status or even if he is vaccinated like its some deeply personal secret like a we are inquiring about what kinky things turn him on. This whole situation makes no sense. At least with Cole B you might disagree with his vax status but he has been open about it and not vague. Star and Spencer ??

Honestly the sense of entitlement amoung football fans is completely ridiculous.

You wanna know why you don't know? Because you have zero need to. That's it. That's the big secret. 

The fact that fans get to know how much money a guy makes and any injuries (not that injury reports are very accurate.) they suffer is just a huge violation of personal privacy. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly the sense of entitlement amoung football fans is completely ridiculous.

You wanna know why you don't know? Because you have zero need to. That's it. That's the big secret. 

The fact that fans get to know how much money a guy makes and any injuries (not that injury reports are very accurate.) they suffer is just a huge violation of personal privacy. 

A fan is "entitled" because he wants to know the  availability of an important player on his sports team of choice? LOL OK

Bills got a blowout win on the road without Star or Brown. Granted the Saints were massively banged up but it was a dominating win. With the "mini bye" thanks to a Thursday win it should hopefully set them up to get Star and Brown back to sure up the lines. Just have to hope White's injury isn't a season ender.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.