Cam Newton back to the Panthers? (Update - signed)

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Cam Newton back to the Panthers?

I haven't been this excited since Exxon brought back the Esso Tiger. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he’s in demand but I think the panthers are just desperate 

All depends how one perceives the situation.  Especially the guy with the initials CN.

image.thumb.jpeg.83f6035b5e220ef24f543c05463f8afa.jpeg

Ed thinks: "This turkey again?!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I have been a Cam fan since day one of his NFL career.  That said, I can't believe he is still in demand.  He is absolute toast.

Agreed. The NFL let teams beat the crap out of him. Allen needs to look at what happened to Cam and learn to slide more, and only fight for an extra yard when it truly matters. No matter how big and strong Allen is there is always a bigger faster guy that can land a shot on his arm or shoulder 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agreed. The NFL let teams beat the crap out of him. Allen needs to look at what happened to Cam and learn to slide more, and only fight for an extra yard when it truly matters. No matter how big and strong Allen is there is always a bigger faster guy that can land a shot on his arm or shoulder 

Before the ***** hit the fan last week, Josh had been doing a really job of sliding or avoiding the big hit.  Pretty sure he won’t end up the same way as Cam.

Also, Cam is straight up trash and there’s a reason he’s still available in Week 10

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Cam Newton back to the Panthers? (Update - signed)
13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You Can't Go Home Again

58 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Before the ***** hit the fan last week, Josh had been doing a really job of sliding or avoiding the big hit.  Pretty sure he won’t end up the same way as Cam.

Only if he goes back to sliding and avoiding the big hit, instead of running to the center of the field and inviting it.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

"The NFL let"

What about Cam's playing style invited teams to beat the crap out of him?  As you point out, he would fight for the extra yard and not slide or go down.

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Also, Cam is straight up trash and there’s a reason he’s still available in Week 10

trash?  He’s good 

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  I bet he'll win a couple games for them this year and everyone will say "Oh what a great story", but there's NO WAY they can be looking at him other than a band aid for this season - maybe into next year as a veteran backup at best if he doesn't get cut before then.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I still have a soft spot for this kid.  I don't know why, but I really want him to be successful.

I was not high on him when he was drafted, but I did think that he had the talent to be a good player in the league.

He was dealt a bad deal by being drafted by one of the worst run organizations in the league.

I figured that going to the Panthers would be good for him, and it seemed that way at the start. What happened?

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I was not high on him when he was drafted, but I did think that he had the talent to be a good player in the league.

He was dealt a bad deal by being drafted by one of the worst run organizations in the league.

I figured that going to the Panthers would be good for him, and it seemed that way at the start. What happened?

McCaffrey getting hurt didn't help, but that's not all of it.  He looks lost out there.  Horrible.  I think turnovers were expected, but not at the rate he's thrown INTs.  And they're bad INTs ... mostly on him.  I have no idea, but his Jets sentence certainly couldn't have helped anything.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You Can't Go Home Again

Only if he goes back to sliding and avoiding the big hit, instead of running to the center of the field and inviting it.

"The NFL let"

What about Cam's playing style invited teams to beat the crap out of him?  As you point out, he would fight for the extra yard and not slide or go down.

it never felt like they’d throw the same flags for him Though. Those two things can co-exist

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"The NFL let"

Remember this?  https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/1/7/16861540/carolina-panthers-new-orleans-saints-cam-newton-concussion-protocol

"The NFL let" him go back in after just one play.  I also don't think he was ever afforded the same kind of referee "protection" that smaller, slighter, and something that rhymes with "slighter" quarterbacks seemed to get.

Edited by BRH

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm actually impressed by how long Ben has lasted.  The bigger QBs, especially the ones who like to extend plays, take an absolute beating.

45 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Nothing, he’s just not a good QB

8 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm actually impressed by how long Ben has lasted.  The bigger QBs, especially the ones who like to extend plays, take an absolute beating.

Between him and Gronkowski, I think this is real time evidence that the cro magnon brain processed pain signals differently.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.