Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

It's passable for me. /shrug

I don't want to see the offense struggle either, but do you think it will get fixed in a span of 7 days? No, I don't believe so. It will take longer. I just need to see improvement.

Was the struggle the outlier or were all of the 25+ pt games outliers?

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Was the struggle the outlier or were all of the 25+ pt games outliers?

I think neither. IIRC Allen is one of the highest pressured QBs in the league. Our run game has never supported the offense despite the decent stats to begin the year. And our star WR has not had a difference making year. There have been persistent issues despite the outcome of these games.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know that the NFL has said a mandate to reduce head injuries and severe injuries and has put that to the referees. But, their biggest issue is that the product has suffered immeasurably. 
The league needs to step in and figure out how to reduce the impact of the referee and return this to a league for the viewers pleasure while still maintaining safety. You can see that the players have done their part by and large. It’s the referees that are over calling this game and making it downright painful to view many games.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I think neither. IIRC Allen is one of the highest pressured QBs in the league. Our run game has never supported the offense despite the decent stats to begin the year. And our star WR has not had a difference making year. There have been persistent issues despite the outcome of these games.

Isn't it every defenses goal to make offenses struggle?  I don't think the challenges faced by the Bill's offense (or any offense for that matter) is a new dynamic.  It's always been there. Digg's production this year, I believe, has been impacted by Sanders, Davis and Knox getting more of it and by defenses focusing more on Diggs.

The Bill's offensive output is what it is.  Stats make it so. The Bills are a leader in these stats.

If it took DCs this long to figure out how to defend the Bill's, then there are some pretty shytty DCs out there.

Every team goes through periods when things just aren't clicking.  This happens because of injuries, illnesses and the many other physical, mental and emotional things in all of our players lives - and then of course the collective of all of these things to the entire team.  This is why there are really bad games, really good games and everything in between.

Right now, this Jags game is the outlier, simply by the sample sizes involved.

Edited by Pokebball

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

I don't know why, but I just have a feeling the Bills O will show up with way more answers to the 2 safety high dilemma than they did last week.  Maybe just being overly optimistic here but gotta believe they spent all week scheming up for that possibility - as the Jets are very likely to try to replicate what the Jags did.  But who knows, maybe they gamble that the Bills will be expecting that and try something different.  If so I think the Bills might be able to feast!!

Either way, keeping my fingers crossed for a waaaaay better showing.  🤞

The cover 2 is not the biggest problem if you are patient and willing to throw underneath.  

Success will depend on how good the Jets DL is, especially the DTs on the inside.  If they overmatch our interior OL, and they can execute the blueprint that’s on on film, then they will give us trouble.  

Allen must stay cool and have the patience to take what’s there.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Ed Oliver RIPS Edmunds, said "not a huge" drop off from Edmunds to a 2nd stringer! Does Ed believe Tremaine doesn't deserve a big deal? 

Ridiculous comment.  He is simply pumping up Klein and echoing the “next man up” mantra.  Why would Oliver dare to comment on another players contract possibilities?   He wouldn’t and he isn’t.  

It is well known that Klein plays the run very well and he can also be an effective blitzer.  He was very good last year when forced to start.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

teams have bounceback games (and never look back) all the time.   Obviously the talent is what it is, but I trust the coaching staff to make the proper adjustments.   Plus, getting Brown back (and Knox) will be a boost:

This is the 5th consecutive thread I’ve said this in haha but I think people are understating how huge a boost Knox is when we’re primarily seeing cover 2. We’re so used to the Knox of old that can’t catch lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The cover 2 is not the biggest problem if you are patient and willing to throw underneath.  

Success will depend on how good the Jets DL is, especially the DTs on the inside.  If they overmatch our interior OL, and they can execute the blueprint that’s on on film, then they will give us trouble.  

Allen must stay cool and have the patience to take what’s there.  

It's tough being patient when your offensive line is getting dumped in your lap every other down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Ridiculous comment.  He is simply pumping up Klein and echoing the “next man up” mantra.  Why would Oliver dare to comment on another players contract possibilities?   He wouldn’t and he isn’t.  

It is well known that Klein plays the run very well and he can also be an effective blitzer.  He was very good last year when forced to start.  

My man....it was satire lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

Errrrr.....I don't know how to interpret this.  Have the RBs normally not been "taking it serious" and where do they normally look when the coach is talking to them?  Why did we have to wait until a 9-6 loss for this to change, if so?

Interesting.  On the Bills depth chart, Dodson then Matakevich are listed as the backups to Edmunds.

When Edmunds was out last season in MIA (week 2) pretty sure Dodson replaced him while Klein played for Milano.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's tough being patient when your offensive line is getting dumped in your lap every other down.

This is true, but to be fair - Allen did have some opportunities to make quick and short throws before his OL got dumped in his lap, of which he did not avail himself.

(At other times of course, he got an immediate OL lapful)

Plus, when you let yourself get into 3rd and long, those short throws won't necessarily help us

I think the first 2 offensive drives are going to go a long way in determining our offensive success or not. If the Jets are able to blow up Josh with a free rusher or turnstile guard doing the o-lay! As a DT blows by him right out of the gate, we are in trouble. I think Josh is at a precarious position right now and if his trust in this line isn’t gone yet it’s hanging by a thread. If he gets hassled consistently during that first drive his clock is going to be ticking real fast and we will see similar issues as last week. I don’t care if we have to max protect, get Josh into a rhythm with easy throws right off the bat. Knowing Daboll, he will probably open up with 4 deep wr’s on 5 second patterns. 

Yeah I’m still pissed at this O-line

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Funny what i just heard on The SportsLodge with Roger Lodge,

He predicts Jets win 17-9 & Josh Allen gets pulled after his 2nd INT in the 4th

This is where he loses his mind saying, Trubisky gets the start next wk against the colts!

247990991_ScreenShot2021-11-12at10_30_11AM.png.1734c4f9dba09c7db9fc7c9d89973ecb.pngBlind-mind!

I'm guessing that someone's ratings are lagging and they are looking for an angry Bills fan boost.  The most reliable way to garner interest and reaction in the sports world is to piss off the mafia... Thank you for not providing a link to this joker's podcast or website.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 2

When I watch the game this weekend, I expect the Jets' D to: 

1. Rush 3 Drop 8/Rush 4 Drop 7 with two deep safeties on obvious passing downs

2. Mug Rush/Cover 0 showing a defender in every gap on all other downs, with a mix of rush everyone, drop everyone, and everything in between. 

This sort of flogging will continue until the offense improves.  We humiliated Salah last year and his team is toast, so here comes the kitchen sink. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Bills lose this game the wheels are absolutely going to come off and I will start to think the playoffs are in doubt. One way or another they better stop the bleeding here and figure something out. Fix the run game and stop relying on only the pass or we are going nowhere. If 1 good thing can come from that Jags mess it’s that being a strictly 1 dimensional finesse team is going to get us nowhere. Fix the run now. More 2014 Panthers offense and less 80s chargers

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

When I watch the game this weekend, I expect the Jets' D to: 

1. Rush 3 Drop 8/Rush 4 Drop 7 with two deep safeties on obvious passing downs

2. Mug Rush/Cover 0 showing a defender in every gap on all other downs, with a mix of rush everyone, drop everyone, and everything in between. 

This sort of flogging will continue until the offense improves.  We humiliated Salah last year and his team is toast, so here comes the kitchen sink. 

Is that all ??

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Errrrr.....I don't know how to interpret this.  Have the RBs normally not been "taking it serious" and where do they normally look when the coach is talking to them?  Why did we have to wait until a 9-6 loss for this to change, if so?

Interesting.  On the Bills depth chart, Dodson then Matakevich are listed as the backups to Edmunds.

When Edmunds was out last season in MIA (week 2) pretty sure Dodson replaced him while Klein played for Milano.

If this is the case, why not let Bates play? Bates is being held out in fear of injury to Morse?

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-josh-allen-bills-quarterback-20211112-nlsvp3mzszf3vhpxo7qqxkhsqe-story.html

Jets will have their hands full trying to slow down Bills star QB Josh Allen

This week the Jets face one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL: Josh Allen

The Bills star is arguably the most physically gifted quarterback in the NFL as there isn’t anything he can’t do.

(audio)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If this is the case, why not let Bates play? Bates is being held out in fear of injury to Morse?

That wouldn't really make sense. 

He's playing about 5% of the offensive snaps per game and 20% of the ST snaps per game (~9 snaps per game), so he could get injured every game, in theory. 

I think that the coaches just have him lower on the depth chart than the guys who are playing ahead of him. 

2 hours ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Funny what i just heard on The SportsLodge with Roger Lodge,

He predicts Jets win 17-9 & Josh Allen gets pulled after his 2nd INT in the 4th

This is where he loses his mind saying, Trubisky gets the start next wk against the colts!

247990991_ScreenShot2021-11-12at10_30_11AM.png.1734c4f9dba09c7db9fc7c9d89973ecb.pngBlind-mind!

Sounds like Rogers got something Lodged in his skull.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.