Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

If you have a bead on what the nfl gets up to, this week the Bills will crush the spread and cover easily after the public overreacts to the most blatantly fixed game in years that saw a legitimate super bowl contender lose to a joke franchise that had been wandering aimlessly for years. 

I would bet the Bills to cover. They’ll likely play better and the National Fixed League will call their dogs off and let us play. 

Just watch. Bills 36 Jets 15

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Just being honest. Until this offense can figure out cover 2 and protect the QB we will struggle

Then just say you don’t think Josh Allen and the Bills OL are good enough to beat the league’s worst defense, but that Mike White and the Jets offense are good enough to beat the league’s best defense. At least it’s an opinion based on the reality of the game elements.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BassToMouth said:

If you have a bead on what the nfl gets up to, this week the Bills will crush the spread and cover easily after the public overreacts to the most blatantly fixed game in years that saw a legitimate super bowl contender lose to a joke franchise that had been wandering aimlessly for years. 

I would bet the Bills to cover. They’ll likely play better and the National Fixed League will call their dogs off and let us play. 

Just watch. Bills 36 Jets 15

I think it's a problem that I'm not even sure what game between what teams you're talking about here

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

I remember when the Bills used to make backup RBs look like world beaters against them... Now in 2021 the offense is starting to allow bad defenses look good against them.

This is not the change I was expecting.

That's sadly, a valid take.

It's not the change I was expecting, either.

Dammit, it does seem as though we can't manage to get it together on both sides of the football in the same season.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If bates provides a better option at guard than either ford or Ike, I can’t imagine they would keep him on the shelf just for that reason. They did sign jamil Douglas off the PS  though so must think he’s at least competent. It looks promising for Spencer brown to be back so that will allow Williams to go back to RG. I think we will see a change at LG this week. I’ll be surprised if Ike or ford start vs jets after that game. 

I sure hope Ford doesn’t start, I’m not that guy but I would let him go. Just useless 

12 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

I am seeing another loss to an inferior team. They have a solid d and will give a Josh and online fits

I don't think so. The. Bills team is still much better than the Jets. The Bills should be ready to play and the coaches will make some needed adjustments. I'm not calling a blowout but I see a 10 point win for the Bills. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Wait… so last in the league in yards allowed and points allowed equates to “solid”…. Huh, how about that. 

True but stats aren't the only variable in the equation. If we only relied on stats the Bills would have blown out the hapless Jags.  However, the original poster saying the Jets D is tough doesn't portray an an accurate picture. The real question is will they be tough this Sunday?

4 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Just being honest. Until this offense can figure out cover 2 and protect the QB we will struggle

Agree 100%. I'd add in having a semblance of a running attack too.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Then just say you don’t think Josh Allen and the Bills OL are good enough to beat the league’s worst defense, but that Mike White and the Jets offense are good enough to beat the league’s best defense. At least it’s an opinion based on the reality of the game elements.

After the Jags game I'm not so sure what to think. I'm still trying to shake the cob webs and gather my thoughts. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

After the Jags game I'm not so sure what to think. I'm still trying to shake the cob webs and gather my thoughts. 

The Jags are bad, missing players on defense due to injury and the Bills couldn’t move the ball.  Maybe it was just a really really bad day for  Josh but he seems to be locking in on a target and not scanning field.  Sure when you are being pressured hard to scan field but last play is a perfect example looks like sanders is open for what would be a first down and he tries to throw across body to get it to Diggs who will have to make a major play to get the first down.    We should beat the Jets but they did beat the Titans and after Jags game My confidence in winning any game doesn’t exist right now.  

• Disagree 1

Okay, the lamenting is over, time to move on to solutions and forward momentum. Thus, my offensive line changes this week:

LT - Dawkins, LG - Douglas or Bates (both will get snaps, and the best man wins), C - Morse, RG - Williams, RT - Brown

And with Moss out, Breida gets a chance to earn his pay check this week.

7 hours ago, 97bills said:

We’re was the jags defense rank, there overall defense don’t have to be good just there front 4 that line we put on the field last Sunday is terrible 

Doesnt matter where the jags defense ranked. As i said, It’s fine to have the opinion they won’t beat a bad defense. Thinking they won’t beat them because their defense is “solid” is simply uninformed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.