Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

After the Jags game I can't imagine anyone would pick the Bills in a blowout win right now especially with a high school level OL.

Yup.  Until the Bills can string together a competent performance on O, there's no reason to think they'll cover a 13.5 point spread.  Based on the last couple weeks, 13.5 might qualify as an over, not a spread.  The Jets have some talent on the DL, and we're going to see them get after Allen.  We'll see if Dabol can come up with something to counter the pressure that doesn't involve #17 running 27 times.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I say try Doyle. Can't be much worse than the guy who apparently can't pick up a defensive line stunt, something they teach in HIGH SCHOOL. 

It was reported that  Doyle was warming up on the sideline on Sunday, did he end up going in? Also, he’s a tackle, can he also play guard?

6 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yup.  Until the Bills can string together a competent performance on O, there's no reason to think they'll cover a 13.5 point spread.  Based on the last couple weeks, 13.5 might qualify as an over, not a spread.  The Jets have some talent on the DL, and we're going to see them get after Allen.  We'll see if Dabol can come up with something to counter the pressure that doesn't involve #17 running 27 times.

Bills offensive output over the last 7 games... 35, 43, 40, 38, 34, 26, 6. 

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Bills offensive output over the last 7 games... 35, 43, 40, 38, 34, 26, 6. 

Yeah that's great but did you watch the game Sunday? 

The performance against the Dolphins was nothing to be proud of either.

You seem like a guy who should bet the Bills this week, -13.5, have the courage of your convictions

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

You seem like a guy who should bet the Bills this week, -13.5, have the courage of your convictions

Clearly the Bills will never score another touchdown again.  They are a complete and total failure as an organization and they should just forfeit the rest of the season.

Feel better if everyone gets on the hate train?  Or maybe some folks can express some optimism perhaps - that's conviction too.  Name one team that has zero issues to deal with and plays lights out every single game of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Blainorama5 said:

Clearly the Bills will never score another touchdown again.  They are a complete and total failure as an organization and they should just forfeit the rest of the season.

Feel better if everyone gets on the hate train?  Or maybe some folks can express some optimism perhaps - that's conviction too.  Name one team that has zero issues to deal with and plays lights out every single game of the season.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying

Or, perhaps, i'm expressing concern that there are some worrying things on this team, and the coaching staff doesn't seem able or interested in fixing them.  The Jets will be an acid test.  I hope the Bills win by 99 points, but since that might require being able to score from within the 5 yard line, i won't hold my breath.

Sundays loss to JAX was BAD, really BAD.  Every team can drop a game during the season to a basement team so I will let it go.

The bad thing is the timing which has now brought the Pats* a half game behind in the Division.

The offense has to work through it's issues and they need to show that this Sunday.

22 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Let's both have the "the courage of our convictions".  I normally don't gamble on sports, but I will place two bets with you.  I win $50 if the bills cover the spread, you win $50 if they do not.  Another $50 on the Bills over under at 13.5, I win if they score over, you win if they score under.  *"Based on the last couple weeks, 13.5 might qualify as an over, not a spread."  If the Bills score over 13.5 but still do not cover the spread, its a draw.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Sundays loss to JAX was BAD, really BAD.  Every team can drop a game during the season to a basement team so I will let it go.

The bad thing is the timing which has now brought the Pats* a half game behind in the Division.

The offense has to work through it's issues and they need to show that this Sunday.

Hopefully we can get some help Sunday. Obviously we need a Bills win but if the Browns can beat the Pats then that would make for a great Sunday. I wouldn't even care about the results of the other games.

• Like (+1) 2

The coaching staff's interest in fixing the problems isn't the concern - ability to fix them is definitely debatable.

Losing a game like that really sucks!!  No question.  Given their history this season though - it's really hard to see them just magically losing the ability to score points (even from with the 5 yd line).  The kind of fixes everyone seems to want aren't exactly the kind of changes you just whip up mid season with a snap of the fingers.

I still like this team's ability to bounce back after getting punched in the mouth.  Jets game could be telling but not sure it's going to define their season.

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was reported that  Doyle was warming up on the sideline on Sunday, did he end up going in? Also, he’s a tackle, can he also play guard?

I would think the idea would be to slot Doyle in at RT and get Williams back to G. 

The question would be is Doyle at RT going to be worse than Ford at G? I would think it would have been worth a shot to slot in Doyle at RT and give him a TE to chip his man or keep the RB in and help him. 

8 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Let's both have the "the courage of our convictions".  I normally don't gamble on sports, but I will place two bets with you.  I win $50 if the bills cover the spread, you win $50 if they do not.  Another $50 on the Bills over under at 13.5, I win if they score over, you win if they score under.  *"Based on the last couple weeks, 13.5 might qualify as an over, not a spread."  If the Bills score over 13.5 but still do not cover the spread, its a draw.

I'm willing to take the Jets at +13.5.  Obviously betting the under on 13.5 would be stupid, but I would have said the same thing a week ago

Just now, dorquemada said:

I'm willing to take the Jets at +13.5.  Obviously betting the under on 13.5 would be stupid, but I would have said the same thing a week ago

I would stay away from this game betting wise. We all saw the Jets get destroyed by the Colts. I wouldn't trust the Jets to stay within 13.5. I also don't trust the Bills to cover the spread either.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I would stay away from this game betting wise. We all saw the Jets get destroyed by the Colts. I wouldn't trust the Jets to stay within 13.5. I also don't trust the Bills to cover the spread either.

Yeah i'm not enthusiastic about it either.  13.5 is too big a spread for any game, frankly.  My fear for the Bills is that the Jets see what Jax did, drop 7 and watch our OL crap all over themselves again

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

I would think the idea would be to slot Doyle in at RT and get Williams back to G. 

The question would be is Doyle at RT going to be worse than Ford at G? I would think it would have been worth a shot to slot in Doyle at RT and give him a TE to chip his man or keep the RB in and help him. 

Honestly like that idea much better than anywhere Ford is in the lineup. Guy is playing practice squad type level.

• Agree 1

NEED SUGGESTIONS

Since I can't start a new thread on the College Forum... (no clue how long the probation period lasts, I asked admin w/o an answer). I'm going to be at the Colts game on the 21st. Oklahoma State is playing at 8 p.m. vs Tech that Saturday on FOX. 

Anyone suggest a good place to watch the game? Thanks!

23 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

McDermott said Spencer Brown will be back at practice so hopefully that won’t be necessary 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

You called me out on my post (and I accepted your challenge), but you are unwilling to back up what you said? Looks like only one of us has the "courage of our convictions".

To recap what you claimed: "Based on the last couple weeks, 13.5 might qualify as an over, not a spread."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.