Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

Will Josh be recovered from his illness? If so, they'll put up 24+ and cover.  I am not backing off of this...Josh was sick yesterday even though they won't admit it. He was starting to get sick during the week (look at practice press Q&A from Thursday(?)), and was clearly under the weather in yesterday's post-game presser. I don't mean covid, I just mean regular old sick. He toughed it out and played through it because Mitch was out. If Mitch was available, I wonder if they would have made a change when it was clear that Josh was struggling.

Hopefully they can put  yesterday behind them and take out all of their frustrations on the Jets.

I didn’t know this. Could be the flu or a cold but with Trubisky and Fromm on the covid list seems coincidental … fingers crossed 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Is our inability to throw deep based on defenses now playing specifically against that (like we did w/ KC)?  Or is it because Allen has no time?  Or both?

That aspect is frustrating.  Our best playmakers aren't getting the ball, and we seem to be going short to Singletary & Moss as 1st options a bit too much.

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

Lose-lose situation for the Bills. If they beat the Jets, fans will just say it's because the Jets are terrible, even if the Bills blow them out. And, obviously, a loss looks really bad regardless.

Does Promo  know that you are trying to take his place as the chief fan-shamer while he is wallowing in all of his glory over in the Sabres threads?   

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, ScottLaw said:

They just lost to arguably the worst team in the league in what is supposed to be a team with SB aspirations…. Can’t really blame fans for the outrage/confusion for that cluster ***** of a football game yesterday.😅

It was a bad game for sure.  Fans, like usual, are a swinging pendulum. Every game means everything and every other game means nothing. If the Bills win, it's all sunshine and rainbows and we're going to win the next 5 Superbowls. If we lose? Burn everything down. We will never win another game.

And the Jags are not arguably the worst team in the NFL. Texans and Lions are easily worse. But yeah, they aren't a great team and losing to them sucks.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Does Promo  know that you are trying to take his place as the chief fan-shamer while he is wallowing in all of his glory over in the Sabres threads?   

I never miss an opportunity to shame you, Badol.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

I never miss an opportunity to shame you, Badol.

You are just a new-born energy vampire........trying to make yourself feel better by blaming the entirety of the fanbase for the way you feel about the team losing.

You should learn from Promo though........there is a much more consistent supply of energy to suck over in the Sabres forums where long beleaguered fans are ripe to be harvested of their life force.:lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

Will Josh be recovered from his illness? If so, they'll put up 24+ and cover.  I am not backing off of this...Josh was sick yesterday even though they won't admit it. He was starting to get sick during the week (look at practice press Q&A from Thursday(?)), and was clearly under the weather in yesterday's post-game presser. I don't mean covid, I just mean regular old sick. He toughed it out and played through it because Mitch was out. If Mitch was available, I wonder if they would have made a change when it was clear that Josh was struggling.

Hopefully they can put  yesterday behind them and take out all of their frustrations on the Jets.

Trying to understand your logic/analysis.  Are you saying Josh's illness caused the horrific O line play that lost us the game?  Or just that Josh was sick and that in itself caused us to lose?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

2 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Trying to understand your logic/analysis.  Are you saying Josh's illness caused the horrific O line play that lost us the game?  Or just that Josh was sick and that on itself caused us to lose?

My thinking is that a healthy Josh rises above the abysmal O Line play enough for the Bills to win. He's done it before, and with the D holding the Jags to 9, one score is all he needed to generate. Healthy, he does that 9 out of 10 times.

57 minutes ago, Success said:

Is our inability to throw deep based on defenses now playing specifically against that (like we did w/ KC)?  Or is it because Allen has no time?  Or both?

That aspect is frustrating.  Our best playmakers aren't getting the ball, and we seem to be going short to Singletary & Moss as 1st options a bit too much.

We have no choice. We currently have one of the worst OL's in the NFL. Getting Spencer Brown back will not magically help much. What I witnessed yesterday from well paid guys like Williams and Dawkins was a disgrace. Trade deadline is over. We stuck with these guys till seasons end. 

>No run game

>No play action w/o run game

>Josh forced to run or throw on every down. 

>And Daboll clueless what to do?

>Defenses will run cover 2 the rest of the year against us.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Just say Mike White. Everyone knows he will be starting. He is their best QB right now. I seriously doubt they put Wilson who has struggled out there against a strong Bills defense. Also the Bills should be out for blood this week to erase yesterday's embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Just say Mike White. Everyone knows he will be starting. He is their best QB right now. I seriously doubt they put Wilson who has struggled out there against a strong Bills defense. Also the Bills should be out for blood this week to erase yesterday's embarrassment.

I’ll be surprised if they put Wilson out there against the #1 D. They don’t want him to look bad. They need to keep evaluating him and it will be controversial if he looks terrible, then they stick with him instead of white. It would be better to put white out there this week.

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are just a new-born energy vampire........trying to make yourself feel better by blaming the entirety of the fanbase for the way you feel about the team losing.

You should learn from Promo though........there is a much more consistent supply of energy to suck over in the Sabres forums where long beleaguered fans are ripe to be harvested of their life force.:lol:

That's a nice theory, but I am not actually too bothered by the loss. A loss is a loss. They suck. I move on and look for the Bills to overcome and get more wins. On to next week.

This week I have been bothered by the fans more than other weeks because I believe many of their takes to be embarrassing and ridiculous.

im extra worried about the bills, but i fully expect them to show improve and destroy the jets.  im pretty sure mcd is reading the riot act to fatbol on repeat, and the d coaches are telling the D "we are the back bone of the team right now, we have to be perfect".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.