Around the NFL Week 9

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Once again thankful the Dolphins did not draft Justin Herbert.

Could you imagine the debates on Dolphins' boards about this dude?  He has a chance to be one of the biggest "what if" QB's in history.

If Tua doesn't break his hip

If Flores doesn't do the start/sit game

If he doesn't get hurt 3 times in his sophomore year

If they don't very obviously shop him for a much better QB who may never play again due to horrible allegations

Thank god I'm not a Dolphins fan. Missing on a QB like this shouldn't set a team back 5 years, but it will definitely tear a fanbase apart for a decade.

54 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Could you imagine the debates on Dolphins' boards about this dude?  He has a chance to be one of the biggest "what if" QB's in history.

If they don't very obviously shop him for a much better QB who may never play again due to horrible allegations

Thank god I'm not a Dolphins fan. Missing on a QB like this shouldn't set a team back 5 years, but it will definitely tear a fanbase apart for a decade.

Nah. He was never going to be a great QB in the NFL.

1 hour ago, patzen said:

Wow. And Tyrod's playing for Houston. Miami might actually lose today.

I assumed they were just keeping Tua out because of the fan reaction if he lost to Houston

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

The Dolphins fans are hilarious. They seem split right down the middle on him. There are those saying he has a noodle arm and will never be anything significant in the league and then the other half making excuses at every turn, insisting he'd be all pro if he had a better team around him.

29 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I assumed they were just keeping Tua out because of the fan reaction if he lost to Houston

The Dolphins fans are hilarious. They seem split right down the middle on him. There are those saying he has a noodle arm and will never be anything significant in the league and then the other half making excuses at every turn, insisting he'd be all pro if he had a better team around him.

EJ like 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

The Dolphins 2020 draft class will go down as one of the worst in NFL history considering the resources they had. With THREE 1st round picks they took Tua, Austin Jackson, and Noah Igbinoghene. Even the drought era Bills didn't screw it up that bad.

13 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Bojo with another bad hold resulting in a missed FG.

you don't think the kick had anything to do with it. Kick was heading right towards the upright as soon as he hit it.  It seems Crosby has never missed a FG on his own, he's blaming the long snapper for the blocked kick.

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

you don't think the kick had anything to do with it. Kick was heading right towards the upright as soon as he hit it.  It seems Crosby has never missed a FG on his own, he's blaming the long snapper for the blocked kick.

They just focused on Bojo's holds on the Red Zone.  The first, laces were to the right.  In the second, the laces faced the kicker.  Not good.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

They just focused on Bojo's holds on the Red Zone.  The first, laces were to the right.  In the second, the laces faced the kicker.  Not good.

The first one is on Crosby, it was a bad kick regardless of where the laces were. Kick it in the center of the uprights, not right at the upright. 2nd was a bad snap, not really on Bojo.

Just now, klos63 said:

The first one is on Crosby, it was a bad kick regardless of where the laces were. Kick it in the center of the uprights, not right at the upright. 2nd was a bad snap, not really on Bojo.

Doesn't having the laces to one side or another affect the direction of the kick?  As to the bad snap,  you may be correct.

Just now, jkeerie said:

Doesn't having the laces to one side or another affect the direction of the kick?  As to the bad snap,  you may be correct.

sure it can, but it's not the sole reason kicks are made or not. It seems Bojo has his issues on holds, but to me, the kick was poor to begin with. 

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

sure it can, but it's not the sole reason kicks are made or not. It seems Bojo has his issues on holds, but to me, the kick was poor to begin with. 

I'll agree to disagree.  Crosby has been pretty solid at kicker until Bojo's arrival.  I think he's making a negative difference, although he is one heck of a punter.

• Like (+1) 1

KC is gonna get a lucky ass win against GB because A-Rod is out and the special teams in literally imploding in front of our eyes. 

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'll agree to disagree.  Crosby has been pretty solid at kicker until Bojo's arrival.  I think he's making a negative difference, although he is one heck of a punter.

Crosby has had issues kicking before. He missed like 5 or 6 straight kicks a few years ago. Was almost cut, I think the only reason he wasn't is because Aaron Rodgers wanted him to stay. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.