What was up with Beasley today?

Just now, BuffBillsForLife said:

After Beasley started going off on social media over the summer I didn't even think he'd be on the team this year.  The dude can ball but what an absolute head case.  Doesn't he know he's only contributing to the "WRs are divas" stereotype???

McD did have to “talk to him” once during the summer. I cannot see him being too happy about having to address it again. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

These tweets might actually be the best thing for him financially. He's nearing the end of his playing career - the Bills would save save $4.5 million cutting him next year & that's including his cap hit. 

Not sure of that.  Spotrac has $6.1M is cap savings.

General impression with this whole mess is Cole needs to chill and chill now.  If he can't be adult enough to stay off the Twitter then

a trade or cut will just have to happen before next season.

I love Cole on the team and at home I yell C-O-L-E! when he makes a catch.  I don't care about his vax state but he is getting paranoid

over this stuff.  

During the game I thought at first McDermott was yelling at Cole and then I said "no, he's yelling about the flag and play".

Feliciano needs to stay out of this too.  If he can't control himself he's not part of the "process".  He is not helping anyone with his comments.

That's $3.75M in savings if he can't.

Sign Taron Johnson with the money if they can't control themselves!  I'm starting to dig in with my opinion on this situation!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He should understand that it's the fans' choice whether to boo or not, and they did their research and this is the personal decision they are going with.

Funny how fans don't want athletes to bring politics into sports, ie:kneeling, social media posts, etc. 

But it's OK for fans to shout political comments to athletes during games or in parking lot after game?

Seems a bit hypocritical.  

This isn't directed at you, just a general response. 

I don't get worked up about anyone's beliefs, to each their own. 

But I do think it's wrong for anyone to come to a sporting event and try to stir things up, ie: booing our own players, comments to agitate, etc.  Support our team, or keep your mouth shut is what I do.  I come on here to complain, not at the games.  

But I guess some feel the need to go the extra mile

36 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Fans line One Bills Drive at the end of the game and try to get autographs and player memorabilia.  There was a video of Josh giving a kid his hat or something on his drive out after the WFT.  The assumption I make is that Cole stopped along that stretch of road to sign and then got the harassing comments. 

Why is an unvaxxed player stopping to give autographs?  I imagine that's against league protocols.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Addressed it. And not Biased but thanks for your assumption. Seeing it live looked a lot different. Seeing the clip now I said I was wrong.  Care to explain my Bias?

If you don't have a bias, then that's great.  

I'm just going off your prior posts, and this one, which seems you are emotional about this topic and have a strong stance/opinion on it.  

You were very confident that Coach was chewing out Beas and repeated it several times.  At no point did you offer up or say, I'm just observing and I may be wrong, or it seemed like coach was....

You seemed sure of yourself and your opinion throughout this thread, so hence why I thought you have a bias.  But I'm very glad that you don't and are able to see that the original reason this thread was created has gone off the rails and into personal opinion about his Twitter feed

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

If you don't have a bias, then that's great.  

I'm just going off your prior posts, and this one, which seems you are emotional about this topic and have a strong stance/opinion on it.  

You were very confident that Coach was chewing out Beas and repeated it several times.  At no point did you offer up or say, I'm just observing and I may be wrong, or it seemed like coach was....

You seemed sure of yourself and your opinion throughout this thread, so hence why I thought you have a bias.  But I'm very glad that you don't and are able to see that the original reason this thread was created has gone off the rails and into personal opinion about his Twitter feed

I am. I don’t think highly of a player putting an entire fan base on blast because of a allegedly boos or crap talking on the sideline. Specially not a Old WR who did this exact same thing in his last stop because of his perceived slights made to him. 

yep because of the view I had at the time and what I saw I was confident. Then a clip was presented that showed I was wrong and I admitted it. Maybe more should try that 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I have it on good authority that he is single-handedly responsible for deaths in the millions. He will be meeting with President Joe Biden soon via Skype. He needs to address some severe issues.

I thought this thread was about Bees being pissed at the entire Bills fan base, because he heard some booing. When did all this vax stuff get blown up? Do you think Beasly is right to call out the entire Bills fan base? THAT;S the topic. I think some are just  looking to get the topic shut down.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I thought this thread was about Bees being pissed at the entire Bills fan base, because he heard some booing. When did all this vax stuff get blown up? Do you think Beasly is right to call out the entire Bills fan base? THAT;S the topic. I think some are just  looking to get the topic shut down.

Really hope you're not that naive?  It's his stoopid proclamations and comments on covid that are getting him booed.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Really hope you're not that naive?  It's his stoopid proclamations and comments on covid that are getting him booed.

But is he REALLY getting booed by a large number of fans, or just a few? And is the best response for him to tweet insults at the fan base? We can deal with this issue without getting into the vax issue. In fact, most of us are doing just that. But you have  to have some self control.,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Thank you, I misinterpreted that they'd be on the hook for $1.5 million, but he has no guaranteed money next year. Appreciate the correction.

There is $1.5M in guarantees that would be dead money.  His cap hit next year is $7.6M

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cole-beasley-10318/

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am. I don’t think highly of a player putting an entire fan base on blast because of a allegedly boos or crap talking on the sideline. Specially not a Old WR who did this exact same thing in his last stop because of his perceived slights made to him. 

yep because of the view I had at the time and what I saw I was confident. Then a clip was presented that showed I was wrong and I admitted it. Maybe more should try that 

You're letting perception/opinion, become facts and confidence based on your own admitted dislike of the player.  that's the issue.

I'm not trying to get you to admit your wrong or right.  But you're doing the same thing over and over, turning opinion into factual or bold statements...

1. Coach yelling at Beas: we've already covered this.

2. Now again with Beas calling out an entire fanbase, or putting them on blast as you said.  How?  I don't feel called out.  Another bold statement made with utmost confidence and soreness. 

He called out those fans heckling/booing him. What Bills Fan goes to a game to boo our own players, anyway?  Especially over their beliefs/views,  Albeit views I don't agree with, but come on now.   

Again. you dislike the player because of his social media comments/views, great.  But when you start to twist what's happening, that's what I'm calling out (see above examples).

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, cDAVIS said:

Dude they are saying 'beaaaas' and they've been doing it since he was on the team. He is not getting booed.

10 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

He isn't getting booed.  

9 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Honestly, if you know anything at all about this team and its fan base, you don't have to even see a game to know the fans are not booing Beasley...

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

why are y’all discussing this ?    It’s time to cut good players ? 

I was giving the Dead Money versus Cap Savings of Cole Beasley contract with the Buffalo Bills.

If that doesn't interest you you can comment on other things.

If Cole Beasley was to be traded/cut next year I wouldn't be the one doing it.  But I would like to know what it would result in.

8 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

You're letting perception/opinion, become facts and confidence based on your own admitted dislike of the player.  that's the issue.

I'm not trying to get you to admit your wrong or right.  But you're doing the same thing over and over, turning opinion into factual or bold statements...

1. Coach yelling at Beas: we've already covered this.

2. Now again with Beas calling out an entire fanbase, or putting them on blast as you said.  How?  I don't feel called out.  Another bold statement made with utmost confidence and soreness. 

He called out those fans heckling/booing him. What Bills Fan goes to a game to boo our own players, anyway?  Especially over their beliefs/views,  Albeit views I don't agree with, but come on now.   

Again. you dislike the player because of his social media comments/views, great.  But when you start to twist what's happening, that's what I'm calling out (see above examples).

Pretty clear. “I thought bills fans were the best in the world? Where’d they go?” - Mr I am Staying off Twitter until end of season. 

that is calling out the entire fan base. Unless you want to pull the #LetemIn hashtag too and say he was only calling out The Vaxxed fan base which is it? 

and this was my first time mentioning his vaccination status because reality is I give zero shots about it. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

He called out those fans heckling/booing him.

Really? I don't see him saying SOME fans or "a small number of fans" . Hisi comment was directed at the Bills fan base, period. That's the big issue to me. That and he can't stop drawing attention to himself. I actually think he might have just been a bit pissed because he had so few targets yesterday.

7 hours ago, PolishDave said:

And nobody talks about or cares about his stance on Covid Vaccinations except for a handful of people on this board who get cranked up over it.    Honestly, it never gets talked about even for a second in any of the tailgate parties I have attended.    People mostly don't care one way or the other.    Bills fans love the guy and want them on this team because he is a great player.

This is just my sense talking to fans here and there outside of this board, but I think it's not just a "handful of people on the board" who care about it.  I suppose the crowd ya run with has an influence on perception.

I think a better way of putting it would be: even for those who care about it and think it is unfortunate and wish he would change his views, most of us still recognize he's a helluva football player, love what he brings on the field, and want him on the team because of that.  If I were at a tailgate in person, it would certainly not be on my mind or something I'd talk about.

But when Beasley is at it again like he is right now, tweeting up a storm of misinformation about why (or why not) to get vaccinated, he does make it a little harder for me to remember what a great player he is.  It's not like it's a deal to me what Beasley personally does.  Like he says, he's getting tested every day.  But others are not, and don't want to take other steps either like masking, and this is making life crappier in a lot of places for a lot of folks.  Some people who don't have Covid are literally dieing right now because the ICU bed and the cardiologist they need are not available to them due to beds full of Covid cases, and how I feel about that isn't printable on this newsgroup.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Pretty clear. “I thought bills fans were the best in the world? Where’d they go?” 

Then he clarified and said the fans sitting near the sidelines/bench.

Again, I'm just pointing out I'd didn't feel called out by that comment.  Because I'm supporting him.

Maybe you feel called out, because you don't?  I don't need a response, just worth considering. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is just my sense talking to fans here and there outside of this board, but I think it's not just a "handful of people on the board" who care about it.  I suppose the crowd ya run with has an influence on perception.

I think a better way of putting it would be: even for those who care about it and think it is unfortunate and wish he would change his views, most of us still recognize he's a helluva football player, love what he brings on the field, and want him on the team because of that. 

If I were at a tailgate in person, it would certainly not be on my mind or something I'd talk about.

Well said, Totally agree

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Then he clarified and said the fans sitting near the sidelines/bench.

Again, I'm just pointing out I'd didn't feel called out by that comment.  Because I'm supporting him.

Maybe you feel called out, because you don't?  I don't need a response, just worth considering. 

No he didn’t. But good try. No I called him out because well I can. And the dude lies so I call him on that too. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Really? I don't see him saying SOME fans or "a small number of fans" . Hisi comment was directed at the Bills fan base, period. That's the big issue to me. That and he can't stop drawing attention to himself. I actually think he might have just been a bit pissed because he had so few targets yesterday.

His comment was addressed at fans booing him.  

There's always going to be fans who boo their own players (which I disagree with).

But I don't feel called out, because I wasn't booing him and still cheer him on.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PolishDave said:

stevie_johnson-1.jpg?w=640

Side note:  last week we came in town for the game and Fri Stevie was making an appearance at a small place downtown and my son went and got his Stevie Johnson jersey signed.  Got to talk with him a bit - said very nice guy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Ok, again that's up to each person to perceive/read into his posts.  Or did you somehow talk to him in person?

Go Bills regardless!

Nope I didn’t. He should have taken his own advice and stayed of Twitter. 

but fragile ego cannot be a man of his word can he. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Then these people are weak sauce as fans, they're behaving badly, and they should STFU (IMO).

From Cole:

But he is calling out the fan base as a whole, along with regurgitating his little misinformation fest:

Hello, Beasley?  Can we discuss the concepts of "risk reduction" and "relative risk"? 

I suppose it's hopeless, but I have been Hopeful in my time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

booing equals frustration and anger. Ive booed at Bills games but always at ref's or smack at opponents.  Never a Bills player. This is different . Me no likey. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think a better way of putting it would be: even for those who care about it and think it is unfortunate and wish he would change his views, most of us still recognize he's a helluva football player, love what he brings on the field, and want him on the team because of that.  If I were at a tailgate in person, it would certainly not be on my mind or something I'd talk about.

But when Beasley is at it again like he is right now, tweeting up a storm of misinformation about why (or why not) to get vaccinated, he does make it a little harder for me to remember what a great player he is.  It's not like it's a deal to me what Beasley personally does.  Like he says, he's getting tested every day.  But others are not, and don't want to take other steps either like masking, and this is making life crappier in a lot of places for a lot of folks.  Some people who don't have Covid are literally dieing right now because the ICU bed and the cardiologist they need are not available to them due to beds full of Covid cases, and how I feel about that isn't printable on this newsgroup.

Someone asked me today at the clinic how do I know hospitals aren't lying about the ICU capacity.  Yes it has gotten this stupid. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

booing equals frustration and anger. Ive booed at Bills games but always at ref's or smack at opponents.  Never a Bills layer. This is different . Me no likey. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So, the natural conclusion is that some people are frustrated and angry, not at Beasely as a player, but at the misinformed views he is publicly and repeatedly expressing. 

I wouldn't boo him at a game myself because I'm at a football game and he's ***** awesome at football, but while I don't GAF if Beasley would prefer to get tested every single day vs. get vaccinated,  I can completely understand people being frustrated and angry at the misinformation being expressed Over. and Over.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So, the natural conclusion is that some people are frustrated and angry, not at Beasely as a player, but at the misinformed views he is publicly and repeatedly expressing. 

I wouldn't boo him at a game myself because I'm at a football game and he's ***** awesome at football, but while I don't GAF if Beasley would prefer to get tested every single day vs. get vaccinated,  I can completely understand people being frustrated and angry at the misinformation being expressed Over. and Over.

BINGO BOTH. I should elaborate. I think people are sick of having to deal with this pandemic and view those who  conceivably put themselves and others at risk. Frustrating... And his refusal to STFU and say off twitter. JMO Both

Edited by Muppy

So it sounds like Cole is aware most are cheering him, but got mad at some boo’ing and some talking ish about his stance.  

While I support Cole in his views on this, he needs to man down on the pity party.  He clearly knows it’s just some idiot fans.  

Just like certain Brooklyn Nets fans will talk trash about Kyrie on Twitter and the cheer when he’s crossing people up this season.  

At least Cole plays for a fanbase in Buffalo and isn’t taking this overly vocal stance in a town full of microbrew drinking hipsters. 

Edited by SCBills