Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I would rather sit next to a person following the protocols. And yes I would also still have my mask on as well. So sorry I don’t really trust any of you with the I just had Covid. 

you going to present your medical records to the gate?  

You literally just told me you would rather be exposed to covid than sit next to an unvaccinated person.  I really don’t see what more we need to discuss.  

Is any of the following wrong? 

1. The Bills lease Highmark from Erie County.

2. Erie County has mandated vaccines for attendance at Highmark events.

3. The Bills have chosen not to fight that mandate (e.g., as a violation of the terms of their lease); they are implementing it.

4. The remedy for those who do not like it: (a) do not attend events there; and/or (b) vote the current policymakers out of office.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You literally just told me you would rather be exposed to covid than sit next to an unvaccinated person.  I really don’t see what more we need to discuss.  

I literally said I would sit next to someone following protocols over a Qtube researcher 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

54 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

SMH...is there a measles pandemic right now?

54 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Sounds like mandatory vaccination to attend public schools, private schools, and serve in the military has been highly effective.

You missed the point. There are people walking around every day who aren’t vaccinated against any number of diseases. Nobody prohibits them from going anywhere. 

Frankly, I’m vaccinated and I don’t necessarily disagree with the policy. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

That’s like an oxymoron. You can’t get infected if your vaccinated….right?

I don't know what you're talking about or why you're replying to me with this.

I think you're trying to get in a "gotcha" with this but I'm going to go ahead and answer your question.  Yes, you can be infected even if you're vaccinated, this is true of almost all vaccines.  That being said, the effects of being infected after being vaccinated are generally much less severe and your viral load is generally significantly reduced.

I'm not trying to argue on the coronavirus or the efficacy of the vaccine like you are.  All I've stated in this thread is that there are consequences to your actions, and if you choose to be unvaccinated, then I hope you enjoy the Bills games at home instead of being in the stadium, as that's the consequence of your decision. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Your argument is a strawman.  There is a thread with lots of links and details (to real publications and web sites) explaining why those who have been vaccinated are less likely to carry and pass on the disease.)

Yes, a vaccinated person could have it and not know (or choose to go to the game anyway.)  Anyone who is known to have it (vaccinated or not) is not allowed to attend.  IMO by requiring vaccination the county is reducing the overall spread of the disease, and it makes sense to me.  I'm sorry that in your case you had it and may be immune ands still can't go.  Sucks to be you.  But you could also just suck it up and get the shot.  Or don't, IDGAF.

I don’t think you know what a strawman is… you keep using it in multiple replies to things that aren’t strawman arguments.  

I did present you a hypothetical.  A hypothetical based on Highmark Stadium covid protocols.  

You can literally sit next to an unmasked, vaccinated fan with covid under these guidelines.  

Luckily, you’re safe from people like me who have natural immunity from a recent covid infection recovery and would be willing to present a negative rapid covid test at the gates.  

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bleeding support rapidly. Put that’s too political so won’t go any further and move it back to Bills. Sold off my Tickets to Sunday as was not going into that stadium with zero protocols 

Why would you have bought them in the first place with no protocols in place? 

Edited by Beast

1 minute ago, twist_to_open said:

Tuesday night heading into game two, 19 pages of vaccine talk, and only 9 pages of Dolphins pre game talk. These are depressing times we're living in.....

Who wants to talk Dolphins. 

vaccines, the horse dewormer, UV lights up and Lysol in the body, Zync, Masks, passports etc are ALL more Effective than the Dolphins. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I don’t think you know what a strawman is… you keep using it in multiple replies to things that aren’t strawman arguments.  

I did present you a hypothetical.  A hypothetical based on Highmark Stadium covid protocols.  

You can literally sit next to an unmasked, vaccinated fan with covid under these guidelines.  

Luckily, you’re safe from people like me who have natural immunity from a recent covid infection recovery and would be willing to present a negative rapid covid test at the gates.  

I'm still waiting to here how many games in Buffalo you were going to go to

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Good 👉! 😆 

Buy an anti-vaxxer's seasons and then go on a rampage! Perfect! 

Buy them and give them to the most belligerent drunken short fuse biker you can find.   Make sure he has neck tattoos first.   Give them to him.   Tell him the opposing team fans that sit near you think bikers are all gay men who pretend to be tough guys.

That should do it. 😆

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agree they should have went further and require a rapid test before entry. Agree with you. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Ticket prices will plummet. Is there a protest planned yet?

You mean tickets that are already bought and now being sold on the secondary market?  Yeah Don’t care. That’s great I can scoop more up cheap. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Ticket prices will plummet. Is there a protest planned yet?

Will they?

With the phased introduction, I very much doubt it. If the "fully vaccinated" requirement were in place for the next home game, I suppose you'd see after-market prices go down since a lot of people would need to dump tickets right away. But let's track this. Would've been better to start yesterday, but today will do. Lowest priced stubhub tickets for the Dolphins home game Oct 31 (first "fully vaccinated only" game) are $90. Compare: lowest price for the WFT game a week from Sunday is ... $90!

Let's see if the 10/31 prices start to drop as non-vaxxers dump tickets. I doubt it ...

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Who wants to talk Dolphins. 

vaccines, the horse dewormer, UV lights up and Lysol in the body, Zync, Masks, passports etc are ALL more Effective than the Dolphins. 

I should undoubtedly remove this, but IMHO it sets an awesome new standard in Talking Trash about our next opponent

So I just can't

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I should undoubtedly remove this, but IMHO it sets an awesome new standard in Talking Trash about our next opponent

So I just can't

Lol I tried to pick everything from both sides of the arguments to try and keep it as a nice piece of trash talk and a little laugh. But if you have to remove I understand LMAO 🤣 just please no more points. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Buy them and give them to the most belligerent drunken short fuse biker you can find.   Make sure he has neck tattoos first.   Give them to him.   Tell him the opposing team fans that sit near you think bikers are all gay men who pretend to be tough guys.

That should do it. 😆

I like the way Polish guys think! Who says it takes three of us to screw in a light bulb 💡!

@Mike in Horseheads... You're fired! 

Sorry... Only enough work for two brilliant minds now! 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I'm still waiting to here how many games in Buffalo you were going to go to

I have no clue why this matters to you.  Potentially 1 or 2 in Buffalo.  1 or 2 down here in the south.  Have tickets to Jacksonville and looking at potentially Tennessee. 

Have been waiting to see how all this plays out. 

That being said, I stand up for a lot of people who are facing issues that don’t directly affect me.   Do you not?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I despise what you’re saying, but at least you’re telling the truth.  I know this isn’t about the safety of fans attending the stadium.   If it was, the best way of protection (negative covid tests) would be allowed.

LOL everyone's an epidemiologist and a clinical pathologist

I don't know that.

Would other measures (Covid tests) be about as effective or more effective?  Perhaps, but the logistics of testing 70,000 people even with a rapid antigen test are formidable, and those rapid antigen tests still have a pretty low sensitivity (false negative rate)

Me, I think what woulda been a "win" is if everyone wore their masks last Sunday when and where they were supposed to, and then that woulda remained the "airborne disease infection control plan" going forward.  But That Ship has Sailed

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I have no clue why this matters to you.  Potentially 1 or 2 in Buffalo.  1 or 2 down here in the south.  Have tickets to Jacksonville and looking at potentially Tennessee. 

Have been waiting to see how all this plays out. 

That being said, I stand up for a lot of people who are facing issues that don’t directly affect me.   Do you not?

Oh you will be good there for sure....

As sophomoric as it sounds, I got the jab mostly because there were rumblings earlier this year that they would probably be required. The irony that I’m coming up for the WFT game is palpable. 

Is there an vaccine passport app that works across states? Or is it just bring your card to the stadium?

• Like (+1) 1