Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The only part that triggers me is that a photo of the card is not acceptable.  So us out of towners need to remember to bring the actual paper 3x5 card on the plane and then remember to bring it to the game.  Can't imagine how many folks will forget it at home.  Just an extra layer of pain in the a$$.    

good point, not only could you lose it at the game, but you could forget to bring it.  Not sure why a picture does not suffice.   Most places that require vaccines accept photos of the card.  

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The only part that triggers me is that a photo of the card is not acceptable.  So us out of towners need to remember to bring the actual paper 3x5 card on the plane and then remember to bring it to the game.  Can't imagine how many folks will forget it at home.  Just an extra layer of pain in the a$$.    

I found this thing on Amazon called a "wallet." I keep all my cards in there now. It's pretty clever.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Most states I know of are digital. Well of course except down here in the pit known as FL. 

51 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I literally just had covid.  

They want me to get a shot to come to a game.  It honestly makes no sense, but it is what it is.  

Love the Bills, hate the state I grew up in. 

It's because the policy isn't all about you.  Does that not make sense?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

In that case, I would inquire at your local/state Health Dept.

yeah, most states don't have them.  It's just a ridiculous policy when most places that require vaccines accept photos.  A card can be faked, a photo and show my license is much more convenient, and avoids having the card lost and/or destroyed at the game.  

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I definitely have to commend the mods for letting this go on this long. It’s kinda fun. I usually don’t partake in these…

The mods here are ***** awesome. Btw, I haven't seen HOUSE reply yet, maybe he's sleeping.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

If you are a NYS resident, get the Excelsior Pass, online.

In fairness to the poster to whom you are replying...

I actually kind of agree that it's a bit of a pain for out-of-towners. I flew in from Oregon for the Steelers game. I didn't bring my vax card because it wasn't required at the time, but I did reflect on the fact that if it WAS required, I would have felt a bit uncomfortable having to pack it, fly with it, and remember to keep it safe and clean and handy during the game. 

Not an unreasonable burden or undoable task, mind you, just a little bit nerve-wracking having to carry with you something that is small and odd-sized (doesn't fit in my wallet) and cumbersome to replace if lost.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1