Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

Just now, DC Greg said:

I went to a few concerts this summer where proof of vaccination was required. It was easy and didn't cause any delays. Someone looks at your card or a picture of your card on a phone and your ID before you hit the normal security and metal detectors. The vac check did not slow the line down at all. It's still the normal security going through the mags where the hold up is. So, not a "***** show" at all.

I mean maybe if someone decided to throw a tantrum or give an angry ted talk to the person checking cards about their opposition to vaccines it would slow things down, but when people act like adults who had enough common sense to look up the entry policy before they arrived, it seems to be pretty seamless.

yea ya, see you just had to go and give the human population too much credit.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Wow. In the 100's Concourse, there were very few people wearing masks.

It felt like I could count on just two hands the number of masks I saw all day, from the time I walked in to the stadium to the time I walked out. This was the case despite the very clearly posted -- and oft repeated over the PA system -- stadium rule on masks in common areas.

For those who are angry about the new vax requirement, I have a pretty clear idea who they can thank for it...

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

this was just inside. I think my daughter and I were the only people who had masks on in our outdoor seats.

I wore one & an unrelated couple sitting next to me did too.  I think the 3 of us were the only ones in our section with masks on.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Southern states, absent Louisiana will never adopt this. 

i was thinking more just for the bills stadium, but i think it is a regional thing.  i know boston college required some proof of vax or test at their opener.

4 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

I went to a few concerts this summer where proof of vaccination was required. It was easy and didn't cause any delays. Someone looks at your card or a picture of your card on a phone and your ID before you hit the normal security and metal detectors. The vac check did not slow the line down at all. It's still the normal security going through the mags where the hold up is. So, not a "***** show" at all.

I mean maybe if someone decided to throw a tantrum or give an angry ted talk to the person checking cards about their opposition to vaccines it would slow things down, but when people act like adults who had enough common sense to look up the entry policy before they arrived, it seems to be pretty seamless.

I went to a concert two weeks ago where proof of vaccination was not required, and I saw no problems there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

For the folks who have done their part to help quell a PUBLIC health issue, not a PERSONAL choice issue, but a public one that affects everyone, this comes as an "about time" announcement.  Empathy and understanding for folks that don't want to to get the jab, let alone go see the Bills in person, is loooong gone my friends.

Sorry folks, but for all the pain covid continues to cause (physical and financial) this is just the way it's gotta go.  You can hate whatever organization or entity you want but the VAST majority of folks know it's the right thing to do.  I applaud OBD on this one.  Honor systems are a joke.

I for one WANT to see fans in the stands - just not having to worry about a ton of them getting sick!

Went to a concert down in DC recently where you had to show proof of vaccination to get in and still wear a mask while inside (city order).  You know what happened?  Everyone still had a freakin' awesome time!!!  No issues, no worries, no complaining, no fuss.

I'm sure I'll get lots of snarky responses, but you know what?   Don't. Care.  Go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 16
  • Vomit 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Did they speak why negative test results wouldn't work? Wouldn't that be the safest environment? 

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Because you can get a neg test and 12 hours later be positive, would be my guess. 

Also, I assume the logistics of the local testing sites having to process ~60,000 tests every Thursday simply doesnt work out.

• Like (+1) 2