Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

As I said Easy Felony.  Dont think they will not be looking out for the Fakes

For those like me who had no idea what CLEAR is:

https://www.clearme.com/support/digital-vaccine-card

@plenzmd1 might be a solution for you?  I have not vetted it for privacy concerns etc.

Like I said in the first thread, another solution might be a waterproof travel wallet to be worn around the neck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Arkady Renko said:

My Excelsior Pass is expired because I got the vaccine a year ago.  Will have to keep the card safe.  

Have you tried entering it again?  Mine had "expired" a few months ago, but I was able to re-enter my info and get a new expiration date. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think a lot of people need to figure out the differences between Rights and privileges. 

attending a football game is NOT a right. 

just like driving. You have the privilege of driving as long as have a license, Insurance and Registration. 

you have the Privilege to go to a Bills game in person as long as you buy entry and now have a COVID vaccine. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

That article does not refute anything I have said about ICU's full of Covid patients.  In fact, it suggests rates of ICU admission would be a better statistic than overall hospitalizations.  

It will not take you much digging to find plenty of evidence that ICUs around the country are at capacity and they're full of people who thought vaccines were stupid until it was too late.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We have a vaccine passport where I live. So many people up in arms about it, and we even had protests at hospitals where people were shouting at doctors and nurses. The level of stupid is immense. I’m happy to see that some action is being taken. Can’t blame the Bills, because it wasn’t their decision. But, I will definitely feel safer at a game where this is the mandate. Also, surrounded by those who care about others. That’s a nice feeling as well

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Just Jack said:

Have you tried entering it again?  Mine had "expired" a few months ago, but I was able to re-enter my info and get a new expiration date. 

Yeah, doesn't work.  I was in the clinical trial, so they haven't accounted for the fact that people like me got the shot over a year ago.  

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Damn, just saw that.  That sucks!  He had cancer?  Did he keep that private?

Yup.  Sucks.  His "Germany vs. the World" bit is one of the all-time greats, followed closely by his Crocodile Hunter bit.  Both on YouTube and worth a watch if you're up for some levity.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think a lot of people need to figure out the differences between Rights and privileges. 

attending a football game is NOT a right. 

just like driving. You have the privilege of driving as long as have a license, Insurance and Registration. 

you have the Privilege to go to a Bills game in person as long as you buy entry and now have a COVID vaccine. 

Ding, ding, ding!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Yup.  Sucks.  His "Germany vs. the World" bit is one of the all-time greats, followed closely by his Crocodile Hunter bit.  Both on YouTube and worth a watch if you're up for some levity.

He will be missed for sure.  That's a kick to the gut.  Same way I felt when Carlin died.  At least their great material will live on.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

We have a vaccine passport where I live. So many people up in arms about it, and we even had protests at hospitals where people were shouting at doctors and nurses. The level of stupid is immense. I’m happy to see that some action is being taken. Can’t blame the Bills, because it wasn’t their decision. But, I will definitely feel safer at a game where this is the mandate. Also, surrounded by those who care about others. That’s a nice feeling as well

vaccine passport = vaccination card. i’ve had one for 50 years.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Season Tickets can be outright refunded.  

They can, but....

Surrendering your tickets will terminate your season ticket rights and benefits. You will lose your seat location and your season ticket seniority.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

What’s the work around. Religious exemption? 

Nothing about that so far. 

Back in Da Day (1920s-30s) when one needed to show proof of smallpox vaccination to get into a theatre for entertainment, the court rulings IIRC were that not being able to attend a specific show at that specific theater was not an infringement on your rights and liberty, so that sort of accommodation may not apply here.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I will be at the Bills-Dolphins game next Sunday.  I would not expect there to be a whole lot more mask wearers there either.    

As for the vaccine, the last vaccine I got I believe was for Smallpox in the back of my shoulder probably 50+ years ago.  (the one that left the circular mark)  I don't plan on getting another one in my lifetime.

Lol at you saying I won't be getting the vaccine and that you'll be at the Dolphins game. Hate to break it to ya pal, you won't be in the stadium.