9/12/2021 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Bills PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

We’re here and we’ve arrived! The Mafia returns to Orchard Park in full throat as well as on television screens across the nation. Fresh off the most astounding season since ‘88, in one short year, the Bills have catapulted from ‘they could be good this year, but that’s a tough schedule’ to: 

“Mount Up, Mafia! Super Bowl!!”

Josh Allen has arrived as likely only Brandon Beane believed on Draft Day ‘18, already rewarded with a record breaking $um while a year remains on his rookie contract and transforming (on our viewing devices) from ‘Sugar Rush Josh’ to 2nd in League MVP voting! The football world joined us in stunned amazement as many multiple late season games were scheduled and flexed to nationwide and global audiences. The AFCCG was the most watched program of the year! 

We didn’t play well that game and a daunting offseason of expiring contracts and no money threatened to derail the pipe dream. 

Enter ‘Beane After Dark’.

Mostly aided by players who didn’t want to BE anywhere else, his team created satisfied offerings and SIGNED every player we wanted to keep! Virtually unheard of today -especially for a significant reduction in salary cap! Then his team focused on improving DL performance and every Draft choice -Once Again- made the final roster in back to back seasons! Again, unheard of!

While the global pandemic remains and its variant actually strengthened, nearly 2 out of every 3 Americans are I shot minimum vaccinated, allowing the gates to swing open for full fan attendance to personally view the ‘McDermott Experience’, featuring Air Allen and his gang of Pro Bowl WRs! His Defense is solid from front to back, if not spectacular, and the ‘teams’ -led by the BassMaster- are Special! 

While a new banner will unfurl today, which means playing a 1st Place schedule in an extended season, our opposition looks to be less daunting than ‘20, based solely on their previous year, starting with the ‘Paper Tiger’ Steelers TODAY!

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS!

It’s  about to get Real!

SUPER Real!

click Watch on YouTube 

(8:33 mark)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Having missed the last 19 games, what exactly makes the Starless Knight a key player? Does he carry the keys to the bathroom?

I'd ask that you not words in my mouth. I didn't put a lot of thought into my word choice.

This is it.

This is what we, the working people, live for.

We may not have a lot of money.

We may not live in big houses.

But for those few hours on Sunday we have football.

And in that way we are the richest people on earth.

I'd still like a swimming pool though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

This is it.

This is what we, the working people, live for.

We may not have a lot of money.

We may not live in big houses.

But for those few hours on Sunday we have football.

And in that way we are the richest people on earth.

I'd still like a swimming pool though.

Be careful what you wish for you just might get it ;)

They are just a huge money pit use your money for some nice vacations and use their pool ;)

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I will preface my following remarks with my annual disclaimer - comments I make in game day threads are often emotionally charged and do not always represent my considered views. That said....

This is the year. We are going to win the Superbowl. 

1 hour ago, galept said:

That's great. So is Star the only key player that's out?

He is the only player of any kind missing with injury, save for Stevenson on IR 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Prediction Time:

The Steelers move the ball well. Najee Harris breaks off some highlight reel runs and our defense allows some embarrassing 3rd and 4th down conversions. But as the field shrinks the Steelers settle for field goals instead of touchdowns.

TJ Watt gets his, but Allen is able to work Diggs, Sanders and Beasley with dink and dunks with Allen constantly a big play threat.

Bills 35, Steelers 31

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

So I am getting the feeling from a lot of you right now that this team of ours…kinda makes you want to shout.

and you know, do other things of an overtly expressive nature.

Some of which are illegal to do in public (or so the cops told me)

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

6 more hrs still?! 

5 !

We got this one, stay on target fellas and you can reap the reward, I can not wait for Rousseau’s first sack!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1