9/12/2021 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Bills PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bad move to have Moss inactive, IMO. DS gets dinged up and I am not loving Breida as a workhorse back there. 

sort of forget, but when we beat the Steelers last year, Moss ran the ball down their throats to basically ice the last 10 minutes of the game.

To be fair, by the time Moss was being productive, the Steelers D was gassed by then

3 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I'm going to guess we'll have more than enough RBs for today's work.

70/30 Singletary/Breida.

Moss got beat out by Brieda. Singletary was always going to be active.

I don't think Moss got "beat out" by Brieda.  I'm guessing this is gameplan specific and has to do with plays Daboll thinks he can work against Pittsburgh

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do hope brieda has a big game. But moss and singletary  play the same role so it’s really between those two and Breida has a unique role 

Exactly.  He was brought in for the change of pace RB spot.  This Moss inactive reaction is a bit much.

Interesting that Allen and Singletary both seem to have substantial dividends to off season training, hopefully Knox too.

I say it is interesting because prior to this regime I am not sure if I knew of a Bill's player who seemed to benefit from that type of thing.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think Moss got "beat out" by Brieda.  I'm guessing this is gameplan specific and has to do with plays Daboll thinks he can work against Pittsburgh

Possibly. But there was one spot and the new guy got it. That's mainly what I meant.

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's a long season and I totally expected Boogie to sit this game.

Moss is interesting.  Let's hope Breida has a good game.

The inactive that snapped my eyes open and had me blink was Andre' Smith. 

Because we're already without Bam Johnson and Smith is such a staunch ST'er, I was thinking "increased role for Andre the Giant on ST this year".  They must really feel Dodson has come on as a STer.

They also want every DB they got active.  interesting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The inactive that snapped my eyes open and had me blink was Andre' Smith. 

Because we're already without Bam Johnson and Smith is such a staunch ST'er, I was thinking "increased role for Andre the Giant on ST this year".  They must really feel Dodson has come on as a STer.

Dodson had a lot of ST play in the games he was in last year.

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

bit worried about our interior run defense against Harris,  im betting the Steelers try and attack that all game.  go Bills!!!

I think that’s gonna be a hit and miss all season. Just something we’ll always be vulnerable to