9/12/2021 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Bills PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I guess I’m not too surprised Moss was inactive. Motor is the primary back while Brenda offers something Moss does not. 

We aren’t going to run it a lot anyways so it doesn’t really matter.

Daboll will have some plays for Brieda that Pittsburgh did not see last season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Just goes to show you how much depth we have at edge rusher. While we dont really have a top guy wr are extremely deep at the position

I think that Boogie will be moved around the line a bit. They are assuredly getting his body right, just like they were working with AJ last year.

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Just goes to show you how much depth we have at edge rusher. While we dont really have a top guy wr are extremely deep at the position

Understood.   The draft noise was that both Rosseau and Basham could slide to the inside of the line if required.  We are playing all our three DT today (Phillips, Butler and Zimmer).   I was thinking that Basham would have been better than Zimmer.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ganesh said:

Understood.   The draft noise was that both Rosseau and Basham could slide to the inside of the line if required.  We are playing all our three DT today (Phillips, Butler and Zimmer).   I was thinking that Basham would have been better than Zimmer.

Keep in mind most of Obadas sacks came from DT in carolina as well. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I will preface my following remarks with my annual disclaimer - comments I make in game day threads are often emotionally charged and do not always represent my considered views. That said....

That said half the board will react with "Quiet Dignity and Grace" after the 1st 7 yard run by the Steelers.

• Haha (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm betting Singletary will get the majority of the snaps and Breida will be mixed in.

Confirms what we saw in preseason. Singletary looked awesome and Moss just looked ok. Moss doesn't really add a different dimension, but Breida does.

But I'd bet Moss will be active in plenty of games this year.

Breida is going to have a bigger role in the offense more than i think most ppl realized. Look how they used him in the ps game vs green bay..had him on jet sweeps like mckenzie at times. 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's a long season and I totally expected Boogie to sit this game.

Moss is interesting.  Let's hope Breida has a good game.

I do hope brieda has a big game. But moss and singletary  play the same role so it’s really between those two and Breida has a unique role 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bad move to have Moss inactive, IMO. DS gets dinged up and I am not loving Breida as a workhorse back there. 

sort of forget, but when we beat the Steelers last year, Moss ran the ball down their throats to basically ice the last 10 minutes of the game.

Yep. Our best running drive of the year. I don't love the decision either.

7 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Breida is going to have a bigger role in the offense more than i think most ppl realized. Look how they used him in the ps game vs green bay..had him on jet sweeps like mckenzie at times. 

He'll have a role, but Singletary is going to be the main threat. Breida is going to be inactive certain weeks when they have Moss active.

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bad move to have Moss inactive, IMO. DS gets dinged up and I am not loving Breida as a workhorse back there. 

sort of forget, but when we beat the Steelers last year, Moss ran the ball down their throats to basically ice the last 10 minutes of the game.

Maybe Gilliam is impressing as a runner and can pound clock at the end? Lol I’m just grasping straws on that one

• Like (+1) 1