Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis must sit out 5 days due to close contact

BillsMafi$

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis must sit out 5 days due to close contact
Just now, Back2Buff said:

Expect a lot of missed games from non-vaxx players.  With how prevalent COVID is, they will be coming into contact left and right.  Every time, it's 5 missed days.

Totally agree. Worst case scenario this costs us a game. I don't think it's all that unlikely TBH.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Totally agree. Worst case scenario this costs us a game. I don't think it's all that unlikely TBH.

For a guy like Davis, who hasn't made a ton of money, I can't believe he is willing to risk game checks because of a FDA approved vaccine.  It's bat crap crazy to me.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

Oh well, 

this is the sort of thing that could, however unlikely ruin our seasons potential, we are just gonna have to live with it…, 

Edited by Don Otreply

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

For a guy like Davis, who hasn't made a ton of money, I can't believe he is willing to risk game checks because of a FDA approved vaccine.  It's bat crap crazy to me.

You point about the FDA approval is a good one. Pfizer is now approved fully by the FDA. Hopefully this gives Cole, Gabe, and anyone else a reason to say they are cool with getting vaccinated now. I wouldn't hold that against them. Now is the time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It says "staff". Could've just been a cafeteria person, masseuse, or someone like that? Hopefully not a coach

Training staff 

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Oh well, 

this is the sort of thing that could, however unlikely ruin our seasons potential, we are just gonna have to live with it…, 

Most teams have non-vaxxed players in big roles. Everyone dealing with same thing. Some have starting QBs without the vax. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Not a surprise, even with the vax. Lots of breakthrough cases occur.  But they are only tested like every 2 weeks so less likely there will be a positive that way.

I guess my implication was this is what happened to the Ravens last year.  Sorta. Coach is in close contact with a bunch of players. Typhoid Mary. Or Covid Charlie.  

6 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

These idiots are going to cost us games this season....get vaccinated and this isn't an issue!! 

Wasn't Dion vaccinated ? Didn't Dion get covid after being vaccinated ? Didn't Dion have to miss time because he had the virus and expose others on the team to it ? 🤔 

What a dum ass Beasley is OMG ... 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

2 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

You point about the FDA approval is a good one. Pfizer is now approved fully by the FDA. Hopefully this gives Cole, Gabe, and anyone else a reason to say they are cool with getting vaccinated now. I wouldn't hold that against them. Now is the time.

Come on lol. Nobody that refused the vax before is going to get it now because it's approved. That was never the reason, just a way to deflect.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Training staff 

Most teams have non-vaxxed players in big roles. Everyone dealing with same thing. Some have starting QBs without the vax. 

But I don’t care about them. I care about the Bills and I see a way to lose a game because of this idiocy.

• Dislike 1

Why does it matter who it is, if you do not get vaccinated you run a risk plan and simple. What bills fan want to go through this all season long jeopardizing a possible SB bid. We are going through it up here in NE with Cam Newton now (not like I care much cause Cam aint taken nobody here to the SB)

Note:

Whoever chooses to not get vaccinated that is your business and not mine, but for some in certain situations it becomes everyone's business..  

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 minutes ago, T master said:

Wasn't Dion vaccinated ? Didn't Dion get covid after being vaccinated ? Didn't Dion have to miss time because he had the virus and expose others on the team to it ? 🤔 

This has been covered. He was in process of getting fully vaccinated.  He likely caught it around the time of his second shot and definitely prior to the two week period after the second shot when he’d be fully vaccinated. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, T master said:

Dion was vaccinated but got sick during the waiting period after the shot where you are still vulnerable.  Big difference.  He was trying to do the right thing.  It isn’t not clear anyone else on the team was exposed because this happened prior to training camp.

Beasley is very different.  By the way, dumb is spelled with a b.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I haven't really followed the NFL rules, would these two not be forced to sit out five days if they were vaccinated? If that is the case, I'm assuming it's because of the previous notion that unvaxxed spread more of the virus?

If that is the case, what is the NFL going to do as everyday a new study comes out that shows the transmission of the variants is also just as possible from a vaxxed individual.

And here is the competitive disadvantage the unvaccinated players cause for a team.  

What happens on Thursday when we have a big game coming up and we lose Beasley and Davis (or any other player) again for 5 days because they are Unvaccinated, missing the Sunday game and because of that we lose Home Field advantage in the playoffs?

This Wont be the first time or the last time, get ready for this same thing to happen in season when it really matters, Probably time to get the FDA approved Shot.

Also NFL is is probably time to go back to Daily Testing of ALL players and staff

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It says "staff". Could've just been a cafeteria person, masseuse, or someone like that? Hopefully not a coach

I could be wrong, but I believe all personnel with player contact are required by the NFL to be vaccinated, including food service, training staff, and massage therapists.

My guess would be a trainer or S&C staff.

This is one of my big issues with the NFL's policies this year  - they are only testing vaccinated players and staff 1x every 2 weeks or if they're symptomatic.  The NFL's policies are "behind" the changing landscape of Delta transmission.

I would love to go into the science behind this, but just a reminder that is against board policy so don't Y'all either.

• Like (+1) 1

If anyone thinks that COVID headaches were limited to the 2020 season and that 2021 is gonna be smooth sailing for the NFL, think again.

The league showed last year that it can and will get through an entire season, regardless of COVID outbreaks, so that's not the concern. It's more like "how many games will be missed by NFL players due to positive tests?"

With more than 80% of most teams being vaccinated, things should certainly be BETTER than last year. On the other hand, as I understand it, there won't be the same strict lockdown-type procedures when teams travel this year, meaning that players can go out to eat, to clubs, etc -- and we have seen that the vaccinated CAN still contract COVID. As such, I expect quite a few missed games due to positive COVID tests this season.

I think the return of fans to the stands, the increased knowledge about the virus, the presence of vaccines, etc, is giving a lot of fans a false sense of security with regard to how "normal" this NFL season will look. I still think things are gonna go a bit haywire at times.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Oh well, 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And here is the competitive disadvantage the unvaccinated players cause for a team.  

What happens on Thursday when we have a big game coming up and we lose Beasley and Davis (or any other player) again for 5 days because they are Unvaccinated, missing the Sunday game and because of that we lose Home Field advantage in the playoffs?

This Wont be the first time or the last time, get ready for this same thing to happen in season when it really matters, Probably time to get the FDA approved Shot.

Yep.  I wish the guys would just all get vaccinated, but the NFLPA negotiated choice on that issue, so it's their right to say "No"

18 minutes ago, wjag said:

I guess my implication was this is what happened to the Ravens last year.  Sorta. Coach is in close contact with a bunch of players. Typhoid Mary. Or Covid Charlie.  

In that case, it was pre vaccine so all players considered close contacts had to be quarantined. Now, it is just those who are not vaxxed who have to be quarantined. 

I see this thread brought out all the authoritarians.

Seems pretty clear vaxxed players will be missing time this year as well.  I get the frustration, but better to prepare yourselves for this now.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1