Fins Heaven is a hilarious read if you have the time

I love that we ran up the score. It put Miami's entire offseason in disarray. Whatever the team is saying publicly, you know internally Tua is being questioned. Plus Flores's seat just got warmer. Hurting a division rival in the long term is the best thing we could have done.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Running up the score? I find that really frustrating. Feels like that thread was made to gaslight me specifically. 

How can you call it running up the score when you pull your starters at half time and even start grabbing guys who have never played in an NFL game?

Allen at the end of the half- Dolphins scored. There are concerns as to whether Barkley can actually play. They just wanted a buffer in case we didn’t score again. I have no issues. I hoped they would do that actually.

Barkley to Davis- Davis had 1 on 1 on the outside, you take it. At what point is it on the Dolphins starter to stop the back up QB against rookie WR4 in a just win game? Also, Barkley’s arm blows, that ball barely made it. 

Barkley's first snap of the season, sacked (demolished) by Bosa, Josh comes back next

Barkley's second snap of the season, long Singletary TD, game over

Barkley's third try, the guy probably says, I will have some fun, heck the Phins keep calling timeouts, let's finish them off. and he did. 

Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, FastFreddy22 said:

If you want a good laugh go to Fin Heaven and read the bills ran up the score post...its awesome.  They also have a Josh Allen thread.  Im just so happy that Mcbeane has put us in the position were in.  This is the best Bills team of my lifetime I was too young to enjoy the early 90's.  Go Bills!!!!!!

https://finheaven.com/threads/why-did-the-bills-run-up-the-score.364154/

I actually did go on and read a couple days before the game and then again after the game as well.  In fairness to them, they had a lot of realistic posters as well.  I remember one specifically that said how is Buffalo running up the score with their 3rd stringers in??  I also saw one fan wrote before the game when they were predicting the outcome that said they would just be destroyed if we were to play Allen and Diggs the entire game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

The Dolphins catch 22 is that they might not have a QB. They have a good but not great amount of cap space next year along with 4 picks in the first two rounds. So there isn't any doubt they can add the final pieces they need on offense and defense. But how good is Tua? If he isn't the answer than they are capped out at a good but not great team. 

There's no reason the Dolphins can't pick another QB, other than a belief they're married to Tua. 

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love this!

Jayjayb said:

Gotta love the Bills trolls... when they sucked for the better part of 25 years you don’t hear from them, then they get a taste of success and they become big time a$$holes... I grew up in Niagara Falls, Canada- been to Bills games, and I remember getting beer thrown at me when I was 13, because I was wearing a Marino jersey... grown men calling on a kid because I was a Dolphin fan- drunk and verbally aggressive, scared the crap out of my family... never experienced that in any other stadium I’ve been too...very disappointed in the loss today but I am glad I am not a part of the most ignorant, disgusting fan base in the NFL

This person is lying. Bills fans don’t waste beer like that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There's no reason the Dolphins can't pick another QB, other than a belief they're married to Tua. 

But is there 3 QB's worth taking in this draft? Lawrence is a possible generational prospect and he will be off the board at 1, Fields is a possible top prospect but he will be likely gone by 2 and that leaves Wilson who I am not sold on and if Lawrence opts out that might be off the board anyway.

Its not our problem that our second team offense brutalized a #1 defense that gave up on there team and there city. Now if we had our #1 offense on the field and never gave up throwing down there throats with our #1 offensive team then yes.. thats working up the score... but that didn't happen... IS it our fault Tua threw so many INT to our second stringers? Is it our fault that we could run down there throats the second half?

Don't there fans understand there own team put US in that situation? Your going to say your team never ran up a score against us? 

History lesson folks 

1970 Miami ran up the score on us beat us 45-7  Big numbers for the time.

1976 Miami beat us again 45-27

Its been personal since day one.. We actually started it with running up the score..

1966 58-24

The point being.. there is a story behind these blow outs. It usually has to do with defenses just giving up on there team and there coach. No one expected there #1

defense would get blown up by backups.

They can hate us all they want.. Its a division rivalry .. the hate is mutual. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Flores wanted to stick with Fitz, but his GM/ownership rightly insisted they play Tua to see what they had.  And I don't think they quite got the answer they wanted, which was "yes" or "no".  I think they got "perhaps"

Would you consider this year a success for Miami considering they got neither a definitive answer at QB, nor a playoff spot?

18 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Would you consider this year a success for Miami considering they got neither a definitive answer at QB, nor a playoff spot?

Not being a Dolphins fan, I don't think I can meaningfully answer that question. 

They got better as a team - their defense was excellent.  Their W-L record improved.

I think they somewhat created a dilemma for themselves.  If they gave Tua a "watch and learn" season as Mahomes got, behind Fitzpatrick (and then he could spend the off season tuning up his mechanics) I think they'd be feeling pretty good.  If they played him but left him in and let what happened happen, I think they'd know more about who they had at QB. 

They tried to both evaluate Tua and pursue playoffs, and I think it kinda cost them both in the end.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not being a Dolphins fan, I don't think I can meaningfully answer that question. 

They got better as a team - their defense was excellent.  Their W-L record improved.

I think they somewhat created a dilemma for themselves.  If they gave Tua a "watch and learn" season as Mahomes got, behind Fitzpatrick (and then he could spend the off season tuning up his mechanics) I think they'd be feeling pretty good.  If they played him but left him in and let what happened happen, I think they'd know more about who they had at QB. 

They tried to both evaluate Tua and pursue playoffs, and I think it kinda cost them both in the end.

Everything went great but their QB situation and the fact that this issue was highlighted in such an embarrassing way at the end of their season is going to make their offseason hell.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Everything went great but their QB situation and the fact that this issue was highlighted in such an embarrassing way at the end of their season is going to make their offseason hell.

They earned that back in the 70’s. Karma is a B word! 

:)

Man you guys are brutal.  I love it😂😂

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I was reading the thread and came across this little gem. Thought to myself ‘jeez, that’s harsh’. I though only our fans were ‘rabble-rousers’.

then I saw the screen name..🤦‍♂️

97FD2605-4389-4F86-8930-4E1C05AAF5B2.png

People actually go troll other teams' fan sites?  Someone needs a life 😂

29 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

I don't get why there are so many Bills fans on other teams forums. I get going and having a read and chuckle but no one there wants to hear it after a loss like that, it's kind of rude. 

It's not like the majority of Bills fan make a routine habit of going around to other forums and trolling or whatever.  This is a singular case of some Dolphin fans being so ridiculous and whiny that reasonable people felt compelled to defend our honor and set the record straight.  They were straight up slandering our team and coaches.

*edit*

Some highlights of what I saw over there for context.

- An accusation that McDermott is a bitter, angry A-hole who just had a grudge against Miami so he ran up the score to spite them.

- Someone upset that we kept our "top receivers" in to play the second half, not knowing that these WRs were actually just our WR4 and WR5 who they just confused for top WRs by comparison to how bad their defense was playing.

- Someone upset that we had starting O-linemen playing in the second half, not understanding you literally can't dress a full backup set of linemen.

- Someone talking MAD smack about the Bills and their fans, saying that we are somehow still angry about being beaten by the Dolphins in the 70s and that's why we wanted revenge against them.  While also complaining about how running up the score is disrespectful and shameful.  While also conveniently forgetting how often Miami enjoyed putting up 30, 40, 50 point leads on teams in those glory days he preaches about.

Edited by 1ManRaid

33 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

It's not like the majority of Bills fan make a routine habit of going around to other forums and trolling or whatever.  This is a singular case of some Dolphin fans being so ridiculous and whiny that reasonable people felt compelled to defend our honor and set the record straight.  They were straight up slandering our team and coaches.

Those unreasonable takes aren't going away because of some fans defending their teams honor. Nothing was said that a Dolphins fan hadn't already said, Imagine if the roles were reversed. I've been here a while and seen this board after many tough losses, any opposing teams fans jumping on and explaining why their team played the way they did wouldn't have gone down so well.

There were some guys here that until this year were still carrying on about the QB, coaches, the owner or whatever negative opinion they could jump on. Admittedly they were given a hard time but they left instead of coming to terms with an opposing opinion. Wrong Josh comes to mind but there were quite a few. If there are those guys on this board, they are certainly on the Dolphins board and there's no way in hell they'll accept your position.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

My thought about running up the score, whether its the Bills doing it or someone else doing it to the Bills is this:  If one team is still trying to score and win the game, the other team should as well.    I dont like the way it feels to watch my team get its butt beat, but the Bills had their backups in.   The only team Dolphins' fans should be mad at is the Dolphins. 

One more thing on the Dolphins.   Their fans and the NFL media as a whole has went out of their way to say how amazing Brian Flores is as a head coach.   The guy is 15-17 in two seasons and hasnt made the playoffs.   He may be a fantastic coach, but your record is what it is.  Right now he is a highly publicized Joe Philbin.   If Tua doesnt take a good sized step next year he will be on the hot seat very quickly. 

I don't like the Fins, but 15-17 in the first two years of a rebuild is not bad at all.

Flores does indeed look like a damn good coach.

The Bills pretty much treated the second half like a preseason game.

Our guys who were playing in the 3rd-4th quarter have spent most of the season on the bench, and this was their first chance to prove themselves in real game action.  An UDFA like Antonio Williams viewed this game as his audition for a roster spot next year.  Matt Barkley wants to stay our backup another year, with Jake Fromm and Davis Webb at his heels.

Sorry if the Dolphins couldn't stop them, but this hardly qualifies as running up the score.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I don't like the Fins, but 15-17 in the first two years of a rebuild is not bad at all.

Flores does indeed look like a damn good coach.

I believe Flores is a good coach. I think he completely mishandled the QB situation; however, the same could be said of McDermott early in the 2018 season. Other than that, he did a really good job with that team this year.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"Tua is further along than Allen in decision making and accuracy."

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran

Club Member

May 27, 2005

Reaction score

I mean numbers wise, rookie year versus rookie year you could make a good argument for this.

However, in terms of leadership and attitude Allen in his rookie year is way in front to where Tuabow is. I reckon I could spend 5 minutes with Allen and he could convince me to kill my neighboUr. Tuabow, I wouldn't follow him to an all expenses paid trip to Vegas. 

5 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I believe Flores is a good coach. I think he completely mishandled the QB situation; however, the same could be said of McDermott early in the 2018 season. Other than that, he did a really good job with that team this year.

I haven't followed their QB situation closely enough to comment much. As a general principle, though, I think the whole idea of not being able to take a young guy out once you've put them in is greatly overblown.

Generally agree with you here, though. I think Flores is good too.