Post Game thread Bills @ 49ers

Chandler#81

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

The case could be made that right now Rodgers and Brees are better QB's but yeah I agree - Mahomes is the only one with a better all round package moving forward.

Rodgers is old and Brees is REALLY old.  Despite his age, Rodgers is still playing at a very high level, but Brees' play has declined this year.  When I say I would "take" Allen over all QB's other than Mahomes, I am taking their age/future into account.  I'm just clarifying my point, but it appears that we are in agreement.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Wha wha wha whaaaaatt?????? That was an absolute thing of beauty. Perfection. Reminded me of the PATS in Brady's prime.

Agree. Only tidbit was that early Run cost them a chance for 7 IMO.  But getting points there and stopping the double dip was perfect even without the 7

Still on cloud 9 after that win. Game plan by daboll was a thing of beauty, probably the best called game offensively I've seen in twenty plus years. Josh Allen was incredible, made multiple throws that left me in awe. Defense is playing physical, and starting to form an identity similar to last seasons. Really really impressed 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Keyshawn has a short memory and judges what he sees by the current standings.  When the Bills dethroned Russ from the MVP crown, that was signature.  Now looking back on it, it dims a bit because the Hawks talk is diminished.  The lingering issue is being embarrassed on B2B games by the Titans and Chiefs.  Makes no matter what he thinks.  Folks who pay attention see the Bills are coming.  I've heard several people using the SB-team moniker in talking about them today.  The tide is turning.  The team is surging and they are going to show the difference between Pittsburgh and  Buffalo this week.  The only game I truly worry about are the Patriots.  Please LAR, please put a stake in their heart Thursday night.  The Patriots are playing way above their weight class right now with a roster full of no names.  Kill 'em.  Kill 'em now.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Still on cloud 9 after that win. Game plan by daboll was a thing of beauty, probably the best called game offensively I've seen in twenty plus years. Josh Allen was incredible, made multiple throws that left me in awe. Defense is playing physical, and starting to form an identity similar to last seasons. Really really impressed 

The snowball is rolling

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

Keyshawn has a short memory and judges what he sees by the current standings.  When the Bills dethroned Russ from the MVP crown, that was signature.  Now looking back on it, it dims a bit because the Hawks talk is diminished.  The lingering issue is being embarrassed on B2B games by the Titans and Chiefs.  Makes no matter what he thinks.  Folks who pay attention see the Bills are coming.  I've heard several people using the SB-team moniker in talking about them today.  The tide is turning.  The team is surging and they are going to show the difference between Pittsburgh and  Buffalo this week.  The only game I truly worry about are the Patriots.  Please LAR, please put a stake in their heart Thursday night.  The Patriots are playing way above their weight class right now with a roster full of no names.  Kill 'em.  Kill 'em now.

I’m most worried about the pats game too.  They were missing several key players in our first game and should’ve won, if not for Zimmers heroics 

14 minutes ago, wjag said:

I've said it all along the biggest win of the season was the victory over the Pats*.  Some may not realize that as a signature win but it was.  And it is coming into light how significant that victory is, if the Bills had lost the whole dynamics of the season change.  The Bills at 8-4 would have a slim lead over the 7-5 Pats* and still have to play them again (and then would lose the tiebreaker if they lost to them).  The wild card would also be tenuous.

I agree, lets have the Pats* lose to the Rams and be done with them.  And then even root the Pats to beat Miami.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You can watch him struggle to keep moving the goal posts every time JWill makes a point. He goes all the way around and comes back with "Yeah, but if Newton holds the ball in the other hand they lose that game". So what? He didnt! And we won! Could make the same excuse for the Bills on the Hail Murray. It's ridiculous. Just say they are playing very good ball!

Those kinds of "ifs" are so ridiculous.  Yeah, and what about if Davis hangs onto a fairly easy TD catch on the Bills drive before that?

People did the same thing w/ the Rams game.  "If the Bills didn't get bailed out by that PI call!"  Meanwhile, the refs gave the Rams a phantom INT earlier in the game that completely changed momentum.

Parcells was right - you are what your record says you are.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

its paining him for sure.

Nick Wright was on FS1 this morning claiming Mayfield was a better qb than Allen at this point. Thats startling.

Yeah Nick Wright was adamant that Browns > Bills and Baker>Josh Allen!  Big WTF moment for me for sure.  I am not sure the national media knew how bad Josh was hurt in Raiders game and how that affected KC, NE, TN  and Jets games.  

Wright is like the guy at the dinner party who takes a contrarian position to everyone else and makes it known that he will die on that hill.  Usually when I move into another room or go outside.  

https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/37854/49ers-barely-clinging-to-postseason-hopes-after-frustrating-blowout-loss

Blow Out Loss.   

love it.   

Bills fans worry about the close score 

49ers be like. We sucked

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Yes it is awesome. 

This is the way lol

efa.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

I've really warmed up to Daboll. Probably because the announcers were gushing over him all game. But as impressive as Josh Allen has looked, the plays always look there to be made.. all season.

Rushing may not be his forte but Daboll and JA can pick apart a man or zone coverage equally well it seems

I re-watched the game and came away even MORE impressed with Allen.

Why? Because he was making off-schedule plays just as regularly and effectively as on-schedule plays. He ran the offense with command, poise, and precision, and on the few occasions where the 49ers called the exact right play and/or had him stopped dead to rights, he just rolled out and made something happen. He did this again and again and again. Must be very demoralizing for the defense.

The smoothness/efficiency with which he ran the offense when things went right on a given play, combined with his effectiveness in improvising time and time again when things DIDN'T go right, made me feel that this was his best game of the season. The caliber of opponent and opposing defensive coordinator and the late season, primetime slot add to the impressiveness of his game.

32/40 for 375 and 4 TDs isn't just a good game. It's an absolutely AMAZING game, and it came against a good defense in a big spot. If you have the chance to re-watch the game, I suggest you do it. It's a real pleasure.

Very, very optimistic about the present and future of Josh Allen after that game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I re-watched the game and came away even MORE impressed with Allen.

Why? Because he was making off-schedule plays just as regularly and effectively as on-schedule plays. He ran the offense with command, poise, and precision, and on the few occasions where the 49ers called the exact right play and/or had him stopped dead to rights, he just rolled out and made something happen. He did this again and again and again. Must be very demoralizing for the defense.

The smoothness/efficiency with which he ran the offense when things went right on a given play, combined with his effectiveness in improvising time and time again when things DIDN'T go right, made me feel that this was his best game of the season. The caliber of opponent and opposing defensive coordinator and the late season, primetime slot add to the impressiveness of his game.

32/40 for 375 and 4 TDs isn't just a good game. It's an absolutely AMAZING game, and it came against a good defense in a big spot. If you have the chance to re-watch the game, I suggest you do it. It's a real pleasure.

Very, very optimistic about the present and future of Josh Allen after that game.

Another thing about this game was his start. There have been times when he is visibly nervous at the start of big games and it shows in his throws.  He came out confident and shmokin!  

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, TPS said:

Another thing about this game was his start. There have been times when he is visibly nervous at the start of big games and it shows in his throws.  He came out confident and shmokin!  

I'm not in his brain obviously but im not sure nervous is the right word...I think he comes out jacked up to have a big game and gets a little overexcited when hes got a guy open and is about to make a big play.  Dude looks as confident as anybody to me even when he's making mistakes lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, wjag said:

Richard Sherman on the Davis TD was epic.  He was so badly beat.  He pointed at his backfield mates like they were supposed to be there.  But I think that was a blown coverage on Sherman.

That was one of my favorite plays in the game. Sherman didn't blow his coverage. That was just a great QB toying with a great CB. Sherman was trying to fool Allen into throwing the ball to Beasley so he could break on it. Allen saw that, hesitated for a second, and made Sherman think he was going to Beasley. Then when he moved underneath Allen just readjusted and tossed to a wide open Gabe Davis. If anyone blew the coverage it was the safety. But Allen made the play happen because he immediately understood how to manipulate Sherman.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I'm not in his brain obviously but im not sure nervous is the right word...I think he comes out jacked up to have a big game and gets a little overexcited when hes got a guy open and is about to make a big play.  Dude looks as confident as anybody to me even when he's making mistakes lol

We used to call this "Horny Pony Syndrome" back in high school Lacrosse. One of our best players would come out way too amped up, and coach one time said he looked like a horny pony. He'd take a couple of good hits and then settle in and score 5-10 goals.

42 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

8xjObet.jpg

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is good stuff. Unpolished, but raw and honest. Good inside info. Like what he said about "As Josh has grown, so has Daboll".

McKenzie on Darryl Johnson talking to him about wanting to contribute more. 😭 That is exactly why his teammates give him so much shade.

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That was one of my favorite plays in the game. Sherman didn't blow his coverage. That was just a great QB toying with a great CB. Sherman was trying to fool Allen into throwing the ball to Beasley so he could break on it. Allen saw that, hesitated for a second, and made Sherman think he was going to Beasley. Then when he moved underneath Allen just readjusted and tossed to a wide open Gabe Davis. If anyone blew the coverage it was the safety. But Allen made the play happen because he immediately understood how to manipulate Sherman.

Phil Simms on PFT said that Richard Sherman was a "QB peeker"! In that now that he is older he watches more film and the QB during games so he makes a move when he sees what the QB is gonna do. Stating he got an INT from Rams QB Jared Goff by doing that. 

Josh Allen faked him outta his cleats with that little shoulder fake pump and he just stood there as Gabe Davis caught that TD. Just awesome a 3rd year showing that much Moxy! 

Speaking of Fake outta his cleats... kinda like Stefon Diggs does nearly every play to opposing DB's. What a great Buffalo offense. I don't care how many catches Justin Jefferson makes as I doubt he will ever be as good as Diggs is with his routes and ability to juke the DBs attempting to cover him. It's almost comical on how badly he makes them look. What an awesome trade for Buffalo!

Didn't see this elsewhere.  On Hyde's INT off Aiyuk, Klein played a key role.  He basically enabled the pick.

Aiyuk goes down for a catch and deflects the ball, juggling it.   He had Tre'day beat, but Tre is right there to tackle and hinder his catch.  Then Klein comes roaring in and punches the deflected ball up in the air with arm, then makes an athletic leaping roll to avoid Aiyuk and White.  Hyde says "Come to Papa!" and tucks it away like he knows what he's doing.

image.thumb.png.04d04f5014afd15906e4d68672a27ff4.png

Hyde then has a great evasive run, reminding us why he was our #1 returner until Roberts.  Hepicks up some good blocks from Zimmer (2x), Epenesa, Klein and others, and makes alert use of them. 

That pick and the subsequent return was really a bunch of alert, heads-up play from the entire defensive unit.

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

Low man wins every time. That was textbook. But I’m still sorry to see him playing the 1 so often. 

He's not playing it that much, that I've seen. It's usually Butler or Harrison Phillips at 1TDT (from what I've seen).  But Frazier is doing a lot to mix things up, shift DL around, and create confusion about who each OL gotta block and how they gotta block them.

17 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We used to call this "Horny Pony Syndrome" back in high school Lacrosse. One of our best players would come out way too amped up, and coach one time said he looked like a horny pony. He'd take a couple of good hits and then settle in and score 5-10 goals.

LOL Josh has said that he listens to Elvis and other low-key songs to try to keep himself calm before games.  He said in an interview with Mark Sanchez on "Fourth and Forever" that he likes to take a few hits early in games and that steadies him down.