Gameday Thread PreGame Week 8 Bills vs Patriots

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

Enjoy today. We won't win on 12/28 because we will be locked into the 3rd seed and AFC East Champs. Barkley will play and most of our starters will be resting up. 

I think Barkley can beat these chumps, especially once they've really mailed it in.  Would love to get that 3rd seed but i think with our schedule 4 ia where we will end up 

• Like (+1) 1

The time is now!!

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I hope that Oliver smashes "Scam" Newton several times today and reminds him of the comments that he during the Bill's-Panthers combined practices last year. 

I don't remember the comment specifically,  but I believe that Oliver does.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Bills are going to win, whether its ugly due to the weather conditions or big because they're playing a replacement squad...its a win.

Pats are in for their first losing season in 20 years, next stop?  Rebuild

For 27 years they basically had just 2 Qbs, 2 kickers, and 3 coaches (all HoF'rs).  We're finally "here" after all the waiting it out.  Enjoy the game, enjoy this year, its the best we've had since Flutie was our Qb.

Edited by P Riv
  • Like (+1) 1

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest that the Patriots are a quality football team this year, capable of giving the Bills a game.

- The past two weeks have been an embarrassment in New England, losing at home to the mediocre (at best) Broncos and getting curb-stomped by the 49ers.

- Their defense was depleted from free agency even before COVID opt outs.

- Their QB is a desperate roll of the dice.

- Their current injury list has taken their elite performers out of play.

I understand, and respect, the Patriots mystique as their dynasty was truly historic. But, it is over and they are now far closer to the Jets than KC.

Today's game is for wings, beers, laughs and cheers. The Patsies ain't no thing. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Welp, woke up this morning and instead of feeling good about this game, feel like it will be the most Billsy McBillsface loss we have witnessed in quite some time...

do you do this on purpose or are you really like this? We are 5-2 in 1st place with a good chance to increase our lead

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Patriots lose, Cam Newton is most likely done as a starter in this league. He'll be on rosters and get a spot start here or there, but no team will go in the season with Cam as the starter.

On the same token, if the Bills lose, I don't see Beane getting his extension. We are already locked in with McDermott since he deserved by getting up to 10 wins for the first time in two decades. 

This is a must in for both sides. Let's hope the guys Beane drafted and signed show up and Newton rides the pine

53 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Winds howling and all the leaves I neglected to rake yesterday are now in the neighbors yard 😀

That’s just the best! 👍

well, not for your neighbor... 😂

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You've nicely excused McDermott of responsibility and pressure in this game!

He's got the extension before the season, he's here until at least 2022 before we consider firing him

Edited by uticaclub

10 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He's got the extension before the season, he's here until at least 2022 before we consider firing him

Pegula has made a steady habit of signing people to big K extensions only to fire them shortly thereafter.

I'm not saying he's gone, I'm saying his extension has no bearing on his job security whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Bills game plan for today.

61JRXjNkSlL._SX425_.jpg

If only Brady was still playing for the Patriots.

Then we could all be calling for the Bills to "sweep the leg."

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Chandley, you’re my inspiration.  Burn baby burn.  Hey Pats fans. Burn them all as you won’t see the playoffs again!

That was fake lol.. that was burnt when the Patriots took part in the league wide protest  a couple years ago... no one is burning jerseys after a wildcard loss.. that be way to Vancouver of us! 

• Haha (+1) 1

As much as we want to Bills to strike fast and often they can’t get stupid in this weather.  downfield throws WILL get picked off today. Crank up the running game, the short passing game and the Defense.   of course New England will have the same strategy.  We’ll see who does it better 

20 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Feeling like they will lose and feeling like they will win are the same thing, just on different ends if the spectrum. As we all know, precognition is bunk. The human mind is a weird outcome of evolution.

Looking at the rosters, there is know way the Bills should loose this game, but we all know how that goes...

know way

loose this game

precognition

how it goes

Gene1973: those loose drawers be hanging, no way to see in to the future, too many dark clouds I see, oh the feeling, we all know how that goes...

200.gif

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

As much as we want to Bills to strike fast and often they can’t get stupid in this weather.  downfield throws WILL get picked off today. Crank up the running game, the short passing game and the Defense.   of course New England will have the same strategy.  We’ll see who does it better 

Agreed, but they need to jump out early.  If the Patriots hang around Belichick will make the adjustments and beat the Bills.

43 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

If the Patriots lose, Cam Newton is most likely done as a starter in this league. He'll be on rosters and get a spot start here or there, but no team will go in the season with Cam as the starter.

On the same token, if the Bills lose, I don't see Beane getting his extension. We are already locked in with McDermott since he deserved by getting up to 10 wins for the first time in two decades. 

This is a must in for both sides. Let's hope the guys Beane drafted and signed show up and Newton rides the pine

Again, I need to ask-how do people come to this conclusion?!?! Before the season started, Beane was a genius, was a master with the cap, makes good personnel moves...now, at worst the Bills will be 5-3 (likely 6-2), will be in first place in the division, and people want him fired? Not that he can’t be criticized, but you want to get rid of him? Yikes, just yikes

• Like (+1) 2