Gameday around the NFL 10/18

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I think they're mediocre, and nothing more.

I don’t know. I have seen them a fair amount this year. I think they aren’t in the top tier of teams. But then have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. They have some good wins too and have scored a lot of points. I wouldn’t write the browns off. Again, they’re no top-10 team, but I can see them in the hunt the entire year. 

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They have no chance playing Washington & the NYG twice this season.  They already hedged their bets on Wentz by picking Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round last year.

its week 6. Of course they have a chance.  Giants will beat them twice

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t know. I have seen them a fair amount this year. I think they aren’t in the top tier of teams. But then have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. They have some good wins too and have scored a lot of points. I wouldn’t write the browns off. Again, they’re no top-10 team, but I can see them in the hunt the entire year. 

Beat Cinci, Washington, Dallas and Indy (w/o Leonard).

Indy is down 24-7 to Cinci now, and we've all seen how horrible Dallas' defense is.

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the browns are pretty good. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are in another league though. 

That’s what I think. Browns are much better with Stefanski and new OL but I just don’t think these will beat either of those teams in their division. And Mayfield is more of a game manager  Than a difference maker at QB

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

My confidence level for the Bills beating NE has gone up a little after watching the first half of Den/NE.

Yeah. This season has been weird. I missed most of what's happened so far, then walk in to see NE losing to the Broncos and the Bengals beating the Colts comfortably. Things are so unpredictable. Not a good time to be placing bets

40 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Just looking for good games.  The Bears/Panthers they moved to now, so kind of fun.  I root for the Browns only because they’ve had as much misery as us over the decades, not that I dislike the Steelers.  Well, I live in Tampa, so you know.  I know it’s personal for you guys with Brady.  I just feel for all of my friends down here who have suffered too.

At the end of the day, of the Bills win, I honestly don’t care about anything else.  I want the Bucs to win, and those skill players are fun, but it’s hard to root against our Icebowl buddy who is a friend on this board.

LOL... I know you live in Tampa, we've discussed O'Briens.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

The quality of the football in these early games is high on the "surely there must some yard work i can do" scale

I have about two dozen collectables in Ghost of Tsushima that still need collecting.  Very tempted to turn on the PS4 right now.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s what I think. Browns are much better with Stefanski and new OL but I just don’t think these will beat either of those teams in their division. And Mayfield is more of a game manager  Than a difference maker at QB

Browns livestreamed their preseason practices (did not show formations outside the tackle box) and I watched much of it due to having seen TE Steve Carlson play at Jamestown HS.  I was pretty sure that Case Keenum outplayed Baker most every day.  Case running 2nd team helped Carlson make the Brown's roster this year, imo.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

2 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Browns livestreamed their preseason practices (did not show formations outside the tackle box) and I watched much of it due to having seen TE Steve Carlson play at Jamestown HS.  I was pretty sure that Case Keenum outplayed Baker most every day.  Case running 2nd team helped Carlson make the Brown's roster this year.

Mayfield isn’t terrible but he reminds me of Andy dalton. He needs everything around him to be perfect and then he looks good and can lead the team to a W. If it’s not, he can’t overcome. Has kind of felt like the browns were 4-1 because of a lot of things that didn’t include QB play 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Seeing the Pats getting cut up by the Broncos is WONDERFUL.

So much of sports is psychological, and the Pats still hold an edge in the league because of their dominance in the last 20 years. A loss  to a team like the Broncos to send them to 2-3 would go a long way to breaking it.

"He's not a machine! He's a man!"