Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Or the staff member contracted it from another outside source.

Regardless the Titans have shown to be extremely careless and should forfeit the game and be punished.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Players and coaches got together multiple times after the outbreak started, so no they haven't been isolated. If the virus spread at the off site workouts they could potentially go another week with more people testing positive.

NFL needs to move or cancel the game and punish the hell out of them, just get it over with already.

The facility was closed for around 10 days since the first positive test.  Everything was done virtually. What has been reported was one off site workout and there may have been a coach there. Were there more than one gathering possibly, I'd imagine that's what the league is looking into. But to date that's all that's been reported, so unless you're one of the Titan players who was at this workout, don't know how you can say there were multiple workouts?

Not worth it. If the Bills have to deal with the same situation as Titans minus the dumb violation of the rules it will screw their season and put the entire season in jeopardy as it spreads to more teams.  The problem is that the testing isn't accurate enough to prevent a player that has it from playing or a coach from spreading it post game, etc.  Now we all know the Titans have had disregard for the rules, and i really don't care if they don't get to play for weeks. Thats what they deserve. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That or the lying sons of ***** found a new and exciting way to infect themselves...

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What is everyone doing with fantasy? I have several Bills’ players in my starting lineup. Very little on my bench. 

to the bench with them. Diggs is a big producer for me, but the two Viking WR’s have stepped up lately and I like their matchup against Seattle so I’m not that worried about it. 

Just now, DJB said:

Or the staff member contracted it from another outside source.

Regardless the Titans have shown to be extremely careless and should forfeit the game and be punished.

I like Diana Russini but weren’t they just around each other yesterday? She’s also assuming they followed the rules and didn’t get together when they weren’t supposed to 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I moved Diggs to my bench yesterday, reluctantly. I don’t trust this game will be played enough to chance it and my league has no contingencies for that situation 

I just moved Singletary and diggs to my bench. To show you how terrible and otherwise decimated my team is, I replaced them with Dobbins and some WR I have never heard of.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have been touting incubation for a bit while criticizing NFL rules. But this sounds A LOT like the NFL is going to say that this coach was part of the “close contact” list and play this game on Tuesday. It just took 12 days to find out. 

Couldn’t be possible that he went to the grocery store. Or got it from a player. Or his kid came home with it from school. Right? 

The only thing that matters is, was he in the facility the last two days? If the answer is yes, the Titans close ship for a second week in a row. 

Edited by Mango

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The facility was closed for around 10 days since the first positive test.  Everything was done virtually. What has been reported was one off site workout and there may have been a coach there. Were there more than one gathering possibly, I'd imagine that's what the league is looking into. But to date that's all that's been reported, so unless you're one of the Titan players who was at this workout, don't know how you can say there were multiple workouts?

It was reported there were multiple workouts 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, scribo said:

Raiders at Chiefs today.

Chiefs at Bills Thursday.

I'll take it.
(This is just my prediction for now)

Personally I'm happy right now if this game Tuesday is canceled.  I'd rather see them play KC Thursday and not have to deal with a short week and all kinds of uncertainty about the Tenn game, plus going into a situation where you don't know if there are still players who could be spreaders.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-nfl-nflpa-looking-into-unauthorized-workouts-involving-players

NFL, NFLPA looking into multiple unauthorized workouts involving Titans players

Edited by Scott7975

According to Buffalo Rumblings, it was a coach.  Of course, the test was taken yesterday with results becoming available this morning.  The Titans facility was open yesterday so said coach was presumably around players  and . . .

Edited by TigerJ

Just now, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Yup it will not shock me when the league still pushes for this game to go ahead even though it is a terrible, terrible idea.

I can see them arguing since it's just a coach there's no need to postpone.

• Like (+1) 1

It is a shame for the Bills, but in a weird way, the league deserves a mass spread to be shut down so instead of sweeping all the mismanagement under the rug in a few years, it is a permanent and lasting stain in the shield. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like Diana Russini but weren’t they just around each other yesterday? She’s also assuming they followed the rules and didn’t get together when they weren’t supposed to 

Great point.

And I've still not understood why the rest of the world must quarantine for 14 days but the NFL does  not regardless of negative tests or not?

Playing with fire and it hasn't made sense from the beginning 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

OK so they need to shut down their facilities and test everyone again. Do the Titans have time to get practice in Monday? 

They went in a Friday afternoon. I think they got their “two days of practice” in. 

League will try and play. 

Just now, DJB said:

Great point.

And I've still not understood why the rest of the world must quarantine for 14 days but the NFL does  not regardless of negative tests or not?

Playing with fire and it hasn't made sense from the beginning 

Because the NFL is PCR testing 6 days out of 7.  The rest of us don’t have that level of testing being done.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I can see them arguing since it's just a coach there's no need to postpone.

Yes, I can see that coming. They apparently are considering changing their rules to let the Broncos-Pats* play, why not here. The money is becoming too large of an issue to make the hard, necessary decisions.

6 minutes ago, wjag said:

Because the NFL is PCR testing 6 days out of 7.  The rest of us don’t have that level of testing being done.  

That's fine and all but theu can't control the 14 day incubation period. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

It is a shame for the Bills, but in a weird way, the league deserves a mass spread to be shut down so instead of sweeping all the mismanagement under the rug in a few years, it is a permanent and lasting stain in the shield. 

What mismanagement?...

• Like (+1) 1