GMFB -- Bills Love. 👀 ​💪 - 2021 season — Is cantaloupe the offensive lineman of the fruit salad?

Looking at the AFC and I do say that the Bills (esp at home) can beat any team in the field. KC presents the big gorilla in the room as they would be favored and likely home. But I do think that the Bills do have some hard outs in the first two rounds. The Browns, Titans and Indy all present tough matchups as they can all run the ball, have competent QB's and play good defense. The Fins have a tough defense but given their offensive limitations I feel they could be the best first round matchup. 

I think given that KC will have the bye, the Steelers are likely to win their division and the Titans are in position to win their division. The likely matchups for the Bills at a possible 3/4 seed are Cleveland, Miami or Indy. Out of those three I would probably prefer Miami and least like to see the Browns.

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Burleson said "2nd best?  After watching the Chiefs, the Bills might be the first best team in the NFL"

Brandt: "Sugar High Josh Allen is gone...no more Fun Dip or Sour Patch Kids..." 

hahahahaha

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Looking at the AFC and I do say that the Bills (esp at home) can beat any team in the field. KC presents the big gorilla in the room as they would be favored and likely home. But I do think that the Bills do have some hard outs in the first two rounds. The Browns, Titans and Indy all present tough matchups as they can all run the ball, have competent QB's and play good defense. The Fins have a tough defense but given their offensive limitations I feel they could be the best first round matchup. 

I think given that KC will have the bye, the Steelers are likely to win their division and the Titans are in position to win their division. The likely matchups for the Bills at a possible 3/4 seed are Cleveland, Miami or Indy. Out of those three I would probably prefer Miami and least like to see the Browns.

Yep. Nobody we face will be a pushover. We already lost to the Titans. The Ravens have beaten us the past two seasons. The Colts are good. The Browns can be great any given Sunday. I don't think the Dolphins will make it, personally.

The AFC is pretty strong this year. Hope the Bills can elevate their game for the playoffs. Last year was great experience for the team, especially Allen.

Edited by MJS

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Ravens can be a wildcard especially if they beat the Browns today

24 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Burleson said "2nd best?  After watching the Chiefs, the Bills might be the first best team in the NFL"

Brandt: "Sugar High Josh Allen is gone...no more Fun Dip or Sour Patch Kids..." 

hahahahaha

He did also say they could BE the best.  

I have been listening all morning.  the Bills DOMINATED the show

(lust like they DOMINATED the Steelers) 

I made the mistake of tuning in to ESPN this morning. They were talking about a kicker who missed a few kicks and Wrecks said that was the reason he was out in Buffalo in two years. Seriously? Throwing Carpenter under the bus all these years later on national television?

He is pathetic. Truly. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I am hoping for Ravens in Buffalo first round.  They could still become 7th seed and with Bills being 2nd seed they would go to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

They just have to get on a roll.  

Playoff games are almost a coin flip at a certain point, particularly the deeper you go.  It goes without saying, but KC is a very quality team - they match us at every level.  A game like that could easily come down to a fumble, or a good punt return, or something flukey.

But I really do love this team's chances, especially now that the D seems to be figuring it out.  We can play w/ anyone, and I don't think we'll ever be out of any game. 

I only hope that COVID isn't too disruptive.  I'd love it if the NFL could do some sort of playoff bubble like the NBA, but that probably isn't realistic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I made the mistake of tuning in to ESPN this morning. They were talking about a kicker who missed a few kicks and Wrecks said that was the reason he was out in Buffalo in two years. Seriously? Throwing Carpenter under the bus all these years later on national television?

He is pathetic. Truly. 

ESPN just after noon was all praise FWIW 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That was great from Pete.

I loved the analogy.  "Bill!  You look great! You got a haircut...you're getting promoted...you put a ring on it..."

That and the "no one pukes and rallies like the Buffalo bills" 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am hoping for Ravens in Buffalo first round.  They could still become 7th seed and with Bills being 2nd seed they would go to Buffalo.

I wouldn't want to see the Ravens. Tough defense and Lamar can be very dynamic with his legs to the point where he can carry that rather bad supporting cast to a decent effort. Also Tucker can rain field goals which in a close playoff game could be the difference. Miami to me is the best matchup in my opinion. I think Miami's defense is good but not great. I also think that Miami would be the worst rushing offense the team could see in the playoffs and I still have concerns about the rushing defense against a better rushing attack. 

I wish there was still two bye weeks as it would be realistic to get a two seed and a bye. But this is the world we live in.

24 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If playoffs started today, we'd play the Colts. I'd LOVE our chances against the Colts with an immobile QB in Philip Rivers

Colts have a very good defense and a rushing attack that could be a problem. I would rather see Miami whose QB isn't that much more mobile and they don't quite that a potent rushing attack. 

3 hours ago, TroutDog said:

He is pathetic. Truly. 

The defense being mediocre to terrible while he was here (despite inheriting a top 3 defense) is the reason he got fired after 2 seasons. Carpenter in 2015 was still a solid kicker, 85% on the season only missed 2 kicks inside 49 yards out of 22 kicks and was 3 of 5 from 50+ and Rex still won just 8 games. 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The defense being mediocre to terrible while he was here (despite inheriting a top 3 defense) is the reason he got fired after 2 seasons. Carpenter in 2015 was still a solid kicker, 85% on the season only missed 2 kicks inside 49 yards out of 22 kicks and was 3 of 5 from 50+ and Rex still won just 8 games. 

Yup, my point exactly. I found it repulsive that he was willing to throw Carpenter under the bus on TV for his myriad failures as a coach. Just gross. 

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Loving the graphics.  I have no idea of the movie, but the Asian guy who represents the Chiefs was the big dude in the last Bruce Lee movie.  Hilarious.

Bloodsport was one of my all time favorites as a kid lol.  Chong Li from Bloodsport was also in Enter the Dragon with Bruce.  In my household we referred to him as "the human pec" as he was basically all chest muscle lol

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Loving the graphics.  I have no idea of the movie, but the Asian guy who represents the Chiefs was the big dude in the last Bruce Lee movie.  Hilarious.

you must be young. 

1988 release date 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0092675/

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

you must be young. 

1988 release date 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0092675/

No I was actually in college, but never was into Van Damme, Seagal type movies.  I thought they had no story to them.  Then again, the point of me knowing the Enter the Dragon movie king of shoots a hole in that one.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/5/2020 at 6:23 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

Miami is the second best team talent wise in the division. 3rd best coach wise. I think Jets finish season last with their lack of weapons. Patriots 3rd and Miami 2nd. 

This is the Bills year to take first. 

Ever since they poached Marvin Allen from us, a really good player personnel guy, to be their Assistant GM they have drafted and really pulled together a good roster.

That thought kind of makes me feel a bit sick.

:sick:

Edited by WideNine

13 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Yup, my point exactly. I found it repulsive that he was willing to throw Carpenter under the bus on TV for his myriad failures as a coach. Just gross. 

Just shows, Rex is still clueless. What a dope. I don't watch ESPN because he's on there.

The only good thing that came out of the Rex era was the Pegulas' quickly realized what a mistake he was and got rid of him soon enough to hire McD and Beane.

• Like (+1) 2