GMFB -- Bills Love. ๐Ÿ‘€ โ€‹๐Ÿ’ช - 2021 season โ€” Is cantaloupe the offensive lineman of the fruit salad?

ย 

The Cardinals can be a good team for a long time.ย 

This can also be called be a statement game.ย  Are both teams LEGIT.

ย 

After the game you may see one orย these headlines

ย 

Are the Cards a fluke?ย  Are the Bills for real?ย 
Are the Bills a fluke?ย  Are the Cards for real?ย 

ย 

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

@Max Fischer

ย 

College games while interesting to many are not "on the level" imo.ย 

Collegesย payย lesser schools to play them almost regularly.ย  It's quite hilarious when the lessee school upsets them.

These are simple, one-off arrangements. Aย teamย from a power conferenceย paysย a six-figure (or occasionally seven-figure) sum to a lesserย teamย for a visit. These payouts range from $200,000 or $300,000 for an FCSย teamย to $500,000 to $1 million-ish for a mid-major from the AAC, Mountain West, or the like.Sep 22, 2018

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/30/17431764/college-football-scheduling-cupcake-games-why#:~:text=These are simple%2C one-off,Mountain West%2C or the like.

ย 

Scandal after scandal year in and year out.ย ย 

The BCS rankingย is a joke.ย ย 

ย 

Wow, Slim, all I said was that Tua has all the makings of a good ย NFLย QB, I have no interest in debating the BCS scheduling system. Looks like you've beenย waiting to go on a rant about the state of college football. Have at it but you can leave me out.ย 

ย 

On 5/6/2020 at 12:19 PM, yungmack said:

I think some of you are underestimating the Jets. I think they are going to be the Bills main competition if Darnold stays healthy.

ย 

Care to make a statement regarding this exceptionally bad take?

5 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Iโ€™m not the guy to get worked up about the media doubting the Bills. GMFB has always given this team a lot of credit, so I donโ€™t mean this as a complaint.ย However, I did find some interesting misinformation in that segment. Youโ€™d think Kyler Murray was the QB of more than a 5-3 team, and we actually did very well shutting down Lamar last season. They discussed how poorly our D performed against Jackson, but we were actually one of the more successful teams at slowing him. Additionally, the Seahawks, even without a defense were thought of being better than the Cards. Iโ€™m not sure how a win over the Cardsย should stop anyone from doubting us. The win over the Seahawks should have been able to do that. Iโ€™m not guaranteeing a win this Sunday, ย but the Cards are just a 5-3 middling team imo.ย 

ย 

We held the Ravens to like 265 yards and 24 points when they were putting up 400-500 yardsย and 40+ points every week...we actually wrote the book that the other teams copied on how to slow them down. Tennessee basically stole our gameplan in the playoffs. Incredibly bad take by them. I expect more from that show and especially Kyle Brandt since he is a huge Bills fan.

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

ย 

Wow, Slim, all I said was that Tua has all the makings of a good ย NFLย QB, I have no interest in debating the BCS scheduling system. Looks like you've beenย waiting to go on a rant about the state of college football. Have at it but you can leave me out.ย 

ย 

you gave me a confused emoji.ย 
ย 

I went with the topic of college success doesnโ€™t always work in the NFL.ย 

ย 

Had you replied directly about Tua I would still have said Tua has played 2 games and has much to prove. ย 
ย 

Baker has / had the makings of a good QB

Samย has / had the makings of a good QB

Lamar has / had the makings of a good QB
Rosenย had the makings of a good QB

ย 

many say Lockย hasย the makings of a good QB

ย 

of that bunch, as a QBย Josh outshines them all.ย 

ย 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

you gave me a confused emoji.ย 
ย 

I went with the topic of college success doesnโ€™t always work in the NFL.ย 

ย 

Had you replied directly about Tua I would still have said Tua has played 2 games and has much to prove. ย 
ย 

Baker has / had the makings of a good QB

Samย has / had the makings of a good QB

Lamar has / had the makings of a good QB
Rosenย had the makings of a good QB

ย 

many say Lockย hasย the makings of a good QB

ย 

of that bunch, as a QBย Josh outshines them all.ย 

ย 

ย 

I was never a fan of Mayfield (personality, college system QB), Darnold (didn't seem to have any extraordinary traits), Rosen (personality, mostly average overall). I thought Jackson was very underrated even after Heisman, superior athlete and leader. However, I'mย still shocked he improved enough toย win MVP. I doubt that he'll ever reach that level again but will still be a good QB for a sometime.ย 

ย 

Allen - I wanted him his junior year but I cooled off his senior year, and draftniks made me doubt he'd become a good NFL QB.ย 

ย 

I think Lock was overrated, kind of mix between Darnold and Rosen (with a good personality). ย Again, he does things well, but nothing that stands out.ย 

ย 

Herbert is different. That guy reminds me a polished Josh Allen without the elite arm or running ability. I think Herbert could be like Rodgers. Likewise, I think Tua has above average skills, great leadership instincts and seems to understand the game. It's a small sample size but he does notย lookย like a three-game rookie. After last game, I was like, "Uh, oh."ย 

ย 

I like Barrows but haven't seen much of his college or NFL games to have an opinion.ย 

ย 

ย 

On 5/5/2020 at 10:08 PM, ScottLaw said:

Bills 10-6

Dolphins 7-9

Jets 6-10

Patriots 6-10

ย 

ย 

I too had 10-6 before but now I dunno....if we can get to 8 winsย after this weekend i can possibly see more wins than 10......really can see it happening!

On 11/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, Limeaid said:

ย 

Luckily for Seahawks they learned the lesson against an AFC team.

ย 

Damn Klein deserved the AFC player of the week award.

ย 

Well...they learned it again against the Rams last week...they got clocked.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:38 PM, JPP said:

I too had 10-6 before but now I dunno....if we can get to 8 winsย after this weekend i can possibly see more wins than 10......really can see it happening!

ย 

I could see us going into the Miami game at 11-4 with our only other loss coming to the Steelers.ย  That being said, I am not automatically chalking that up as a loss.ย  Yeah they are a good team, but there is no reason why the Bills should feel like they can't play with them.ย  They have played some close games and have not been great on offense in a lot of games. Their D makes plays but they can give up points too...

ย 

I am not saying the Bills should be favored in that game but I am not saying that is an automatic loss either, especially as it is a home game for us.

ย 

Also I think if the Patriots continue playing the way they have for the last 2 weeks that game in Foxboro is a toss up.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

ย 

I could see us going into the Miami game at 11-4 with our only other loss coming to the Steelers.ย  That being said, I am not automatically chalking that up as a loss.ย  Yeah they are a good team, but there is no reason why the Bills should feel like they can't play with them.ย  They have played some close games and have not been great on offense in a lot of games. Their D makes plays but they can give up points too...

ย 

I am not saying the Bills should be favored in that game but I am not saying that is an automatic loss either, especially as it is a home game for us.

ย 

The game is in Buffalo.ย  The Bills will be favored by at least 3 (HF default)ย 

48 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Also I think if the Patriots continue playing the way they have for the last 2 weeks that game in Foxboro is a toss up.

Patriots??ย  They are a complete joke this year....they will not come even close to winning this division or a WC spot.....no flippin way....who did they beat.....the NY Jets who put 27 on them and ok they beat the Ravens in a monsoon......sorry but IMO those games does not say anything to me that we should now be worried about the Pats......

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JPP said:

Patriots??ย  They are a complete joke this year....they will not come even close to winning this division or a WC spot.....no flippin way....who did they beat.....the NY Jets who put 27 on them and ok they beat the Ravens in a monsoon......sorry but IMO those games does not say anything to me that we should now be worried about the Pats......

ย 

You realize they were a Zimmer forced fumble away from likely winning the first game here or at least forcing OT with a chip shot FG right?

27 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

ย 

You realize they were a Zimmer forced fumble away from likely winning the first game here or at least forcing OT with a chip shot FG right?

ย 

Yes they have very good "offensive assistant" (official title)ย Ernie Adams who is director of spying; he scouts film legally and illegally obtained and provides weaknesses to attack.ย ย ย A longtime NFL watcher compares him to "Q," James Bond's master of espionage and gadgetry.ย 

Buffalo has played tough teams.ย  They lost to 3 possible division winners.ย  Most media heads pegged Buffalo with 9 wins.ย  Buffalo ate NE best shot.ย  Buffalo played a little sloppy but still pulled out the game.ย  Kinda like one of the Patriots wins vs Buffalo a year, for the better part of 20 years.ย  The team will be relativley healthy after the bye.ย 

ย 

Coming out of the bye they have LAC and SF both teams Buffalo can handle.ย  Going into Sunday night football Buffalo should be 9-3 vs PIT.ย  Buffalo sits in the captain chair of the Division.ย  Meaningful football with playoff implication in after Nov is what Mcdermott brought to Buffalo.ย  This season Buffalo has a shot at hitting their stride instead of holding on to it.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

ย 

Whatโ€™s a matter with you?

Thatโ€™s almostย like saying ย the Cards were a Hail Mary pass away from losing. ย 

NE losesย 

SF โ€” diminished ย in talent IIRCย 

Denver โ€”ย diminishedย in talent IIRCย 

Seattle by 5 โ€” Bills won by 10ย 

KC by 16 โ€”ย Bills lostย by 9ย 

Buffalo on a poor weather day IIRC

ย 

Bills losses

Tenny on close to 3 weeks restย 

KC 3rd game in 13 days

and Arizona on a Hail Maryย 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

ย 

yeah be more worried about Miami going on a run (which i do not see happening)......its going to come down to the frozen weather in Buffalo in week 17.....the team that loses will drop down to a WC spot IMO........I actually think Denver is going to upset the fish this weekend!ย  A dose of cold wintery weather (which will happen on sunday in denver) and little breathing air will hamper the sunny Fish!

• Like (+1) 1