2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, RiotAct said:

they must have been scared that San Fran was going to take him?  Other than that, I don’t get it.  (what did they give up besides #14 overall?)

These kind of trades never make sense to me. If the 49ers are willing to move back they clearly didn’t covet a tackle anyways. Since if they did they would have just picked the last decent one. If they were willing to trade back they were obviously going WR and don’t mind Jeudy or Lamb. Just wait the one pick. Everyone knew the 49ers were going WR. 

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He’s not. But his release makes any line look good and he has massive weapons to work with in Tampa. Just by not throwing 30 INTS that team is going to be massively improved. Brady is the anti Jameis. 

Jameis was erratic, but he was a play maker. If Brady doesn't have all day to get a pass off  or can't get away with pick plays he's not the GOAT. I'm really interested to see how it all pans out. In a perfect world both the Pats and the Bucs will suck a fat one. Hopefully the Pats even more.

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

These kind of trades never make sense to me. If the 49ers are willing to move back they clearly didn’t covet a tackle anyways. Since if they did they would have just picked the last decent one. If they were willing to trade back they were obviously going WR and don’t mind Jeudy or Lamb. Just wait the one pick. Everyone knew the 49ers were going WR. 

The Bucs were going up to stop someone else from trading for Wirfs. 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Another team was likely trying to trade ahead of bucs. So they offered compensation for the 49ers to only move back 1 spot that made taking what the other team further back was offering less attractive

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Jameis was erratic, but he was a play maker. If Brady doesn't have all day to get a pass off  or can't get away with pick plays he's not the GOAT. I'm really interested to see how it all pans out. In a perfect world both the Pats and the Bucs will suck a fat one. Hopefully the Pats even more.

I think the Pats will suck this season and it will hurt Bills legacy. If the Pats do well this season with that roster, than there is no doubt Bill is an absolutely masterful genius. I think it’s more likely Brady succeeds. He has Gronk back, he has Evans, Godwin. An above average offensive line.  He has weapons. 

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

We just came up about 7 months ago. I’ve been up here a bunch for years for work. Oddly enough it was my SO’s job that had us move. We bought immediately for a few reasons, one is rent is waaay more expensive than buying a house because of the track.  

I’m not feeling unworthy or needing more. Just for reference. We do OK, it just seemed odd that everybody seemed sooo well to do. House after house. I am happy with where I am. 

You got it.

FYI, my Dad died when I was 12. So my whole adult life, I basically had NADA! Raised myself pretty well, was moderately successful in graduating from university, finding a job and sticking with it. Although we never had much, my family was always provided for and we did all manner of stuff over 2.5 generations.

AFTER I retired, suddenly all the tumblers of life came up 7s and my ship finally came in! After my Mom passed, we sold her 23k (1963) home for > 2 Mill. 

Shite can happen! Just don’t wait for it and keep plugging away. 
Life is great!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

So jealous of teams getting these monster offensive tackles...

They were jealous we coasted into the playoffs last year, so it’s a trade off, I guess.  :)

• Thank you (+1) 1