Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Lol how can Allen not be the favorite of this division after the playoffs and team assembled? I know Manish is Jet media but dang, you can’t sell any fan base on having the best quarterback in the division being from the lowly jets 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol how can Allen not be the favorite of this division after the playoffs and team assembled? I know Manish is Jet media but dang, you can’t sell any fan base on having the best quarterback in the division being from the lowly jets 

I don't think it's based on the past in any way. Its a projection by a biased fanbase. Same as the Dolphins guy who thinks his defense will mimic 'Bellichick because they have Flores, Van Noy, Lawson and Ogbah. I'm not angry because they are hopeful. It just happens to be a baseless projection.

8 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Awful for him. I wasn't optimistic after seeing him at the last draft.

There's going to be some bad blood in that division next year. Steelers will come out angry.

he broke his neck he was never coming back. 

does he get the disability insurance from the nfl like kevin everett did? everett gets like 500k per year for life cause he broke his neck on the field. iirc the bills kept him on the roster for the extra year so he would get the accrued season and get the money. 

51 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I really hope we give Floyd a look depending on the price.  Fits the Lorax replacement mold very, very well.

Floy has not been a great pass rusher since he entered the league, he had a career high 7.0 as a rookie. Sorry not a LorAx guy in my eyes but a guy who I would consider was the recently released ( like 30 minutes ago) Devon Kennard who has had 7.0 sacks the last two seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Gase is going to continue to waste the years of Darnold as long as he is the HC, potentially ruining him along the way. As evidenced by FA thus far the Jets are a hard sell to anyone with that idiot at the helm. I hope the tire fire in NJ continues. 

Image result for tire fire gif

• Like (+1) 3

Update on Bills Cap Space as twitter has gone quiet...

Bills Cap Space with top 51 Rules will be at 51M.  

Not including: Croom, Klein or Matakevich

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Over The Cap has all contracts accounted for... has 52.5M in space

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills/

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Where on God's green earth would Jerry be able to pull $$$ out of to sign Clowney? There is no way this is possible with the salary cap. Joe must be in Franchise Mode with the cap turned off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting...….

So what would his First Choice that got closed up?  Only thinking Titans???

Good OL, Derrick Henry, solid defense, good receiving group, Vrabel, I'd say you are correct my friend. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting...….

I think NE would have been his first choice, honestly.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting...….

SF has been the rumor as his #1 choice but not sure we'll ever really know.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting...….

I agree.  The Titan's are the best equipped to "win now," Vrabel's his buddy and he was investigating private school options there, which makes me think it was pretty serious interest...