Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

31 minutes ago, Philo said:

I think if I had to choose one it would be Reader. I'm a bit concerned with the DL depth at the moment. That being said I would love to have both. 

I'm sure we can add Corey Liuget in a heartbeat and then we'd need maybe one more guy to be where we were last year.

Edited by The Jokeman

30 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Not sure if this is the appropriate spot for this discussion, but there's tons of threads right now and not sure this warrants a new one either. 

My question is, what is everyone's take on the Bills reported interest in a couple of high priced FA's remaining? We've heard they are interested in Reader and Harris. Both would require significant deals (which we've still got the cap space to handle). Is there a sense it's one or the other? Or do you guys think we're really going for it and stand a chance at landing both? 

In my opinion, landing both would take this great defense to a whole new level. 

I said this in another thread, but if we're going to add another corner I think someone like Trufant may be in play. NFC South so McBeane know him from those days, could be looking for a prove it deal and wouldn't affect the comp formula as he was cut.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Philo said:

I think if I had to choose one it would be Reader. I'm a bit concerned with the DL depth at the moment. That being said I would love to have both. 

Yes I think the Bills need a better run D and it starts inside.  reader can play either 1 or 3T

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I don't think Quinn is 70 million good...plus opposite Demarcus Lawrence will definitely make you look better. But he's basically being brought in to play opposite Mack and say Floyd was a bust.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I'd bring him in on a 2-3 year deal, see if he can learn from Hughes and then move him to the Hughes role when he leaves...

I’d like to see another pass rusher addition. Maybe an underachiever like Beasley. Or someone like Dante Fowler. Ideally someone that would come a little cheaper and definitely younger than what we have. Not sure that’s possible with some of these contracts flying around. Can’t wait to see what Clowney gets. 

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

His ego won't let him do that, he still feels he can play so until he feel he can't or no one else feels he can he will keep competing. 

That's fair, as a GM/Owner I'm not touching him with a ten foot pole...

18 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

I don't think Quinn is 70 million good...plus opposite Demarcus Lawrence will definitely make you look better. But he's basically being brought in to play opposite Mack and say Floyd was a bust.

I'd bring him in on a 2-3 year deal, see if he can learn from Hughes and then move him to the Hughes role when he leaves...

I really hope we give Floyd a look depending on the price.  Fits the Lorax replacement mold very, very well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I really hope we give Floyd a look depending on the price.  Fits the Lorax replacement mold very, very well.

I think he'd be better suited to purely DE in a 4-3, not in love with him as a LB (never was)

1 minute ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Certainly not a perfect player but that's a tough position to replace. Not many good FA options left.

better suited to draft a Sam backer then try to force Floyd into the role.