Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

10 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I’m not saying Beane and McD don’t get this concept. But, they haven’t shown the urgency I’d like to see with aggressively adding offensive weapons to take advantage of this window (and no, I’m not just talking about the past 2 hours the tampering window is open). I’m not saying they haven’t tried or aren’t trying, but eventually you’ve got to take a shot while Josh is cheap.  

So glad this aged poorly. ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

Updated...

So far there have been 19 signings by 12 teams.  The Bills are 1 of 20 teams to not sign someone. 

The Miami Dolphins have signed the most free agents (4) and committed over $200M to free agents, followed by the Cleveland Browns (3 and $100M). 

• Baltimore Ravens - Michael Brockers, DT
  • Carolina Panthers - Stephen Weatherly, DE
  • Carolina Panthers - Juston Burris, S
  • Chicago Bears - Jimmy Graham, TE
  • Cleveland Browns - Case Keenum, QB
  • Cleveland Browns - Austin Hooper, TE
  • Cleveland Browns - Jack Conklin, OT
  • Denver Broncos - Graham Glasgow, G
  • Detroit Lions - Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OT
  • Houston Texans - Eric Murray, S
  • Miami Dolphins - Ereck Flowers, OT
  • Miami Dolphins - Shaq Lawson, DE
  • Miami Dolphins - Kyle Van Noy, LB
  • Miami Dolphins - Byron Jones, CB
  • Miami Dolphins - Clayton Fejedelem, S
  • New York Giants - James Bradberry, CB
  • Oakland Raiders - Nick Kwiatowski, LB
  • Philadelphia Eagles - Javon Hargrave, DT
  • Washington Redskins - Wes Schweitzer, G

crap was hoping for Jack Conklin, with the signings we have OT really comes into play in the second.

11 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

LOL so much for "going all out" this offseason 

Is the Bills front office still quarantined? this was supposed to be the most important offseason for this franchise in 3+ decades everyone is sleeping. 

Curious if this ranks as the worst take of the day, week, or month?

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Oh man, this isn’t even in the top-20!

Remember gems like “Mario for Skelton”, “if it’s a competition, then Tuel is winning”, and “Von Miller = Aaron Maybin”?

The first two were definitely before my time on here. I'll bow down to your prowess of time ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Does this tweeter give us any reason to believe he's a trusted source? 

I don’t know. I would have done a separate thread about Gordon if I really knew. He had several right yesterday but remember negotiations don’t always turn into signings so we may never know. My takeaway from following him is he works for an agent 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Anyone else notice that the “negotiated with” or “target” things typically aren’t true?

Stuff doesn’t come out with these guys till it’s done...love that.

It reads to me like Gordon's team asked beane what he'd be willing to pay lol

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Does this tweeter give us any reason to believe he's a trusted source? 

‘’Tis the season...  This seems more like tea leaves, but who knows.  OBD just doesn’t leak these days.  From the scouts - up, they are extremely well-kept.  Gone are the days where so many from the scouting or coaching community would get really good and trusted info.  It’s both great and bittersweet at the same time.  This regime is really something though.  Very proud to see what these guys have done.  I don’t think they’re done at all.  

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very true, they have (or had) the most money so agents likely burning up the phones at OBD

Not to mention, after the diggs move this is an o people might want to be a part of. Diggs, brown, Beasley, room to upgrade at te, and Singletary (unless an rb figures to slot ahead of him)

21 minutes ago, DFT said:

‘’Tis the season...  This seems more like tea leaves, but who knows.  OBD just doesn’t leak these days.  From the scouts - up, they are extremely well-kept.  Gone are the days where so many from the scouting or coaching community would get really good and trusted info.  It’s both great and bittersweet at the same time.  This regime is really something though.  Very proud to see what these guys have done.  I don’t think they’re done at all.  

Again, they likely aren’t leaks from the teams. It’s from the agents.

14 minutes ago, ALF said:

Melvin Gordon supposedly  turned down $10M a year offer holding out from Chargers . I would rather draft a RB then his price. 

That was what the chargers leaked. We don’t know what the guaranteed $ was and that’s all that he cares about 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Again, they likely aren’t leaks from the teams. It’s from the agents.

That was what the chargers leaked. We don’t know what the guaranteed $ was and that’s all that he cares about 

Apologies, meant nothing by that.  Teams do leak.  Some teams leaked yesterday (49ers).  It used to happen at OBD, too.   Info gets out and whatnot.  What I meant to say was OBD is really locked up these days.  I totally agree a lot is agent-driven.  These just don’t strike me as that.  

OK back and refreshed for day 2.  Not sure if it will be as eventful.  But the early returns and still have around 60M to spend

Diggs, 

Addison

Klein 

Waddle - retained.

Add to Norman and Spain earlier and yeah happy so far.

• Like (+1) 1