Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2020/1/27/21073469/saints-2019-year-in-review-a-j-klein

The 28-Yr old Klein was one of the Saints most underrated defensive players in 2019. He had a career high 2.5 sacks and 7 quarterback pressures to go along with 67 tackles, six of those for loss. Klein was also credited with two passes defensed, forced a fumble, had a fumble recovery, and intercepted a pass which he returned for an important score in a road victory over the Panthers.

Klein is not strong in man coverage because of limited athleticism, but was still a valuable tool in the Saints pass defense. He is both smart in his coverage drops and has proven to be a skillful blitzer. Klein's biggest strength is his read-and-react ability as a run defender. He consistently knifed between opposing blockers to make a play on running backs at the line of scrimmage or in the backfield, helping fuel the Saints 4th ranked run defense. A.J. Klein is an unrestricted free agent this offseason, but New Orleans is expected to make a strong push to re-sign him. He has been a vital part of a Saints defense that has become one of the better units in the NFL over the last three seasons.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I called this way back in Jan. Not bad deal. Guessing it is really a 1 year deal wrapped up as a 3 year. 

I agree good deal. Looks like maybe 2 years but easy out third. Could also do the shorten and guarantee like with Kroft if he doesn’t quite pan out. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Maybe it was bills news consolidated but someone was saying he was a LorAx clone. Seems that way despite how hard that was. As Beane said he’s never seen another player start their career at DT and convert to LB and have a career.  That hole is definitely filled now. 

Edited by YattaOkasan

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This Bills roster isn't as good as their record last year. Easiest schedule in football and they struggled vs some weak teams. Beane needed to add talent and is failing. They will find out the hard way come September.

You're so adorable

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This Bills roster isn't as good as their record last year. Easiest schedule in football and they struggled vs some weak teams. Beane needed to add talent and is failing. They will find out the hard way come September.

That's the spirit.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I called this way back in Jan. Not bad deal. Guessing it is really a 1 year deal wrapped up as a 3 year. 

Hell I thought we were going to sign him last time he was a free agent. I mean, he did come from the Panthers after all. ;)

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I am. 

Since they started signing former Panthers they've made the playoffs 66% percent of the time.   I dont see what the issue is with stocking your roster with players you already know will show up for work, work hard, and play for you on decent contracts? 

Another plus, they dont have to spend all offseason teaching them a new scheme.   Buffalo isn't the only teams that signs players they are familiar with.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Filling up quickly this year though. Addison will be 3 for 3.

Prior to the signing. Well played sir. For those who aren't fans of the pipeline from Carolina today was a difficult day. Addison and Klein are good though.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Prior to the signing. Well played sir. For those who aren't fans of the pipeline from Carolina today was a difficult day. Addison and Klein are good though.

These guys are pros that fit the process. Norman still uncertain about but should be better here.