Duke suiting up today vs Texans

johndhall1

4 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

Allen could not have put up a better ball there. Hope that isnt the difference at the end!

Doubt it, houston is going to have to work extremely hard to get points. Nothing is going to come easy for them.

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

It was clearly a drop. 

100% great play by the DB. Duke made great catches today, including an amazing 1st down catch that was called back.

I was annoyed by fans clamoring for Duke, but after the last 2 weeks, I'm really raising my eyebrow at McDermott. I thought there was a reason we didn't know about. It was pure stubbornness. Or fear of making a mistake. 

6 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

100% great play by the DB. Duke made great catches today, including an amazing 1st down catch that was called back.

I was annoyed by fans clamoring for Duke, but after the last 2 weeks, I'm really raising my eyebrow at McDermott. I thought there was a reason we didn't know about. It was pure stubbornness. Or fear of making a mistake. 

Cool.

he dropped the TD.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Stop telling me this guy is the answer. He is not. 3 bad drops today. He is a marginal NFL player.

he’s a fine #5-6 but those calling for him to start are out of touch with the league.

hes a fringe guy that can fill in injury or packages but you need several guys much better than him on a roster.

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Duke was the best receiver on our team today. Not sure why people are dogging him. He made several key contested catches that none of our other receivers have made all year. 

Are you complimenting him or insulting them? 

Just something to think about.

Edited by NoSaint

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We need a physical WR, Duke isn't it but we need that guy. I understand why fans wanted him in the game. 

That’s exactly it— or at least a guy with some stronger hands that can make those tough catches and don’t need the ball to be placed right in their hands. 

I don’t think anyone is saying Duke is a number 1 (or 2)— but he is the only guy I have seen on the roster that has ball skills and strength that you want from the WR position. John Brown is a good receiver, but he’s not a

no. 1. 

Duke , Beasley and Brown were tied in catches today. The Texans did a pretty good job of neutralizing Brown who normally has twice that many. Duke did exactly what his role should have been all season. For all the haters criticizing him for not catching that throw in the endzone, could anyone else on this team have made that catch? It wasn't that easy especially with Allen's throwing velocity.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Stop telling me this guy is the answer. He is not. 3 bad drops today. He is a marginal NFL player.

Gunner he is not the "answer" but the guy DOES make plays.....we need more guys LIKE HIM in that they shield the ball from defenders and make plays......

Brown should be a 2 WR in this offense...until they have addressed that position so that he is we will continue to struggle

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Gunner he is not the "answer" but the guy DOES make plays.....we need more guys LIKE HIM in that they shield the ball from defenders and make plays......

Brown should be a 2 WR in this offense...until they have addressed that position so that he is we will continue to struggle

Today he failed to make the plays we needed him to make. I don't want him on the roster next year.