Nsekhe practicing!

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

if he can get some reps this week, and if Morse is out, would like to see a line of Dawkins-Spain-Feliciano-Ford-Nsekhe for a few plays 

I don't think Morse will be out.  He said he could have come back in to the NE game if we had another drive, and that his injury was "best case". 

Of course as the week goes on that could be changed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think Morse will be out.  He said he could have come back in to the NE game if we had another drive, and that his injury was "best case". 

Oh good to know!

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

if he can get some reps this week, and if Morse is out, would like to see a line of Dawkins-Spain-Feliciano-Ford-Nsekhe for a few plays 

Maybe. I would rather give him the week off. No need to tinker too much, especially since Ford hasn't really worked with this team as a guard this season. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Indeed. Morse might be one of the guys they try to give some rest though. I would think they give him and Feliciano some rest and have them rotate at center while Long gets some time at RG.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Best OL IMO is...

Dawkins - Spain - Morse  - Feliciano - Nsekhe

I think next year it will be the same except Ford will take over from Spain. And hopefully we draft another RT or sign one to compete with Nsekhe. I'm convinced they should stop trying to transition Ford to RT. Let him play his natural position.

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m probably in the minority but I’d still rather have Ford starting in the playoffs if we’re facing Houston. But, it is HUGE that Nsekhe is available and can takeover or rotate in if Ford struggles again.

Why? Ford has had a decent game or two, but it hasn't been close between he and Ty as to who is the better player.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

It would amazing to have a completely healthy team going into the playoffs. 

Absolutely !!! It’s sucks we still have one more game before the playoffs , holding my fingers crossed 

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Why? Ford has had a decent game or two, but it hasn't been close between he and Ty as to who is the better player.

In my opinion fords best play has been against the top tier defensive ends and rushers. I like him against JJ Watt. He has shown an ability to handle the better rushers. His issue is mostly against the speed rush guys although once again my opinion, his two best games this season have been against demarcus Lawrence and TJ Watt. Ford takes a lot of heat and some deservedly so, but Spain gets beat pretty badly too and doesn’t seem to catch half the hate. I would be more worried seeing Watt rush the middle against Spain, and Morse trying to bail him out than I would with Watt trying to get around Ford on the outside. 
But as I said I like the idea that if the game is too big for Ford or he can’t handle Watt, Nsekhe can jump right in. 

Edited by Rc2catch

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

In my opinion fords best play has been against the top tier defensive ends and rushers. I like him against JJ Watt. He has shown an ability to handle the better rushers. His issue is mostly against the speed rush guys although once again my opinion, his two best games this season have been against demarcus Lawrence and TJ Watt. Ford takes a lot of heat and some deservedly so, but Spain gets beat pretty badly too and doesn’t seem to catch half the hate. I would be more worried seeing Watt rush the middle against Spain, and Morse trying to bail him out than I would with Watt trying to get around Ford on the outside. 
But as I said I like the idea that if the game is too big for Ford or he can’t handle Watt, Nsekhe can jump right in. 

I don't agree, but I suppose that reasoning makes sense 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't agree, but I suppose that reasoning makes sense 

I’m not his biggest fan, but I expected him to be eaten alive by Watt and Lawrence and he had some help but he really exceeded my expectations in those games. In the end regardless of who starts or they rotate them or however they approach the game plan it’s fantastic news they have options for the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BfloBillsFan said:

It would amazing to have a completely healthy team going into the playoffs. 

I may be in the minority on this but I think we should sit all of the key starters on offense and defense.  Something like a concussion could keep them out of the first playoff game.  I like what the Ravens are doing with their important players and McD should be doing the same thing.  You can't sit every starter but even we all know the key players that have no viable replacement on the team.  Entering the playoffs with a healthy team is more important than a meaningless win.  Getting Ty back is a pretty big deal.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Best OL IMO is...

Dawkins - Spain - Morse  - Feliciano - Nsekhe

As much as I hate to say it

IMO Dawkins - Spain - Feliciano - Ford -Nsekhe

Just because of the contract we gave Morse

I honestly think you are seeing some version of what our future offense looks like......Ty is under contract for at least another year.

The only question to me is Spain......because we also have Spencer Long backing up at OG and then there is the Cody Ford thing.

There is a chance they ALL stay and we address things like WR, pass rush, running back, corner, linebacker, etc

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

As much as I hate to say it

IMO Dawkins - Spain - Feliciano - Ford -Nsekhe

Just because of the contract we gave Morse

I honestly think you are seeing some version of what our future offense looks like......Ty is under contract for at least another year.

The only question to me is Spain......because we also have Spencer Long backing up at OG and then there is the Cody Ford thing.

There is a chance they ALL stay and we address things like WR, pass rush, running back, corner, linebacker, etc

I know that conventional wisdom (or at least TBD) says that Ford is better suited at guard. But, we haven't actually seen him play the position, have we? 

Feliciano has been the best RG we've had in longer than I can remember. He's definitely been able to step up at center (although, he did have a couple errant snaps after he took over for Morse last week), but I think Morse has been great this season. Ford has been getting better at RT as the season has progressed. Nsekhe is clearly the better RT, but he's getting pretty long in the tooth. I think it's a good idea to keep developing Ford at RT while he's under rookie contract. Nsekhe will be long gone before Ford's contract is up, and hopefully by then Ford will have earned a new contract. How nice would it be to have some talented continuity on the O-line? 

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Harrison Phillips was a big loss

I like horrible Harry but felt they did a good job finding guys

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I know that conventional wisdom (or at least TBD) says that Ford is better suited at guard. But, we haven't actually seen him play the position, have we? 

Feliciano has been the best RT we've had in longer than I can remember. He's definitely been able to step up at center (although, he did have a couple errant snaps after he took over for Morse last week), but I think Morse has been great this season. Ford has been getting better at RT as the season has progressed. Nsekhe is clearly the better RT, but he's getting pretty long in the tooth. I think it's a good idea to keep developing Ford at RT while he's under rookie contract. Nsekhe will be long gone before Ford's contract is up, and hopefully by then Ford will have earned a new contract. How nice would it be to have some talented continuity on the O-line? 

I just want the 5 best guys

4 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I may be in the minority on this but I think we should sit all of the key starters on offense and defense.  Something like a concussion could keep them out of the first playoff game.  I like what the Ravens are doing with their important players and McD should be doing the same thing.  You can't sit every starter but even we all know the key players that have no viable replacement on the team.  Entering the playoffs with a healthy team is more important than a meaningless win.  Getting Ty back is a pretty big deal.

Believe me you are not in the minority !!!

GO BILLS !!