I think I'd rather have the Titans as #6 seed

PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think the Titans have more of a chance of winning two in the playoffs. If we can do the same, we could host the AFC Championship. Thoughts?

Between the Steelers and Titans........yes I would agree Titans are more up to the task.  

Also would love to beat them at home in the playoffs on a bullsh*t call and send them into a 17 year tailspin with no playoff appearances and see how they like it. 

• Like (+1) 17
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think the Titans have more of a chance of winning two in the playoffs. If we can do the same, we could host the AFC Championship. Thoughts?

NO!!!! The Titans need to lose next week and the Colts need to win at Jacksonville so Indy finishes 2nd and we can play at Indy next year, not at Tennessee. Tennessee has found their franchise QB in Tannenhill, who is on fire. Indy has Brisset, and is looking to draft a QB. They are a dumpster fire.

Edited by egd
  • Sad 1

Titans are playing some good football right now. Gase really messed up that Miami team. Everyone is thriving now, including Phillips and Tannehill. Can only imagine where they'd be if they started Tannehill at the start. The kid can play and was ruined in Miami. He might end up like Alex Smith now he's with a coach that gets it. Don't want to see them in the playoffs early.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Titans are playing some good football right now. Gase really messed up that Miami team. Everyone is thriving now, including Phillips and Tannehill. Can only imagine where they'd be if they started Tannehill at the start. The kid can play and was ruined in Miami. He might end up like Alex Smith now he's with a coach that gets it. Don't want to see them in the playoffs early.

What interests me with Tannehill is that a couple years back he was impossibly bad throwing the ball long.

That was basically the point when they lost hope in him.

He's flipped that somehow and found touch/accuracy on downfield throws.

Allen should find out what helped him.   

15 minutes ago, egd said:

NO!!!! The Titans need to lose next week and the Colts need to win at Jacksonville so Indy finishes 2nd and we can play at Indy next year, not at Tennessee. Tennessee has found their franchise QB in Tannenhill, who is on fire. Indy has Brisset, and is looking to draft a QB. They are a dumpster fire.

I live in Indy and they like Brissett.  They were 5 and 2 when the Colts were bitten by the injury bug hard this year.  This team, when healthy, is a tough team to beat. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Titans are better than the Steelers but I doubt they are beating KC in the playoffs..

Their offense is scoring with him at QB but the defense has come up short against good offenses.

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What interests me with Tannehill is that a couple years back he was impossibly bad throwing the ball long.

That was basically the point when they lost hope in him.

He's flipped that somehow and found touch/accuracy on downfield throws.

Allen should find out what helped him.   

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a3e9f65bef7623b0e82

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

They are a different team now that Tannihill is their QB, compared to when we played em. 

It will be interesting to see what they can do, even tho their loss to the Aint’s today hurt.

It seems like all the other potential wild card teams lost as well, so maybe it didn’t hurt as bad. 

I kinda want Pittsburgh to get in so they could go to Kansas City and get beat and then have Kansas City go to New England and beat them again. I don't want the Titans beating them and then having the winner between us and Houston going to NE. I think KC has the best shot to beat them out right off the bat. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Westside Madness said:

When the day started, PIT was #6 and TEN was not in. They both lost. When the day ended TEN was #6 and PIT was not in. Was there a strength of victory flip or something? There isn't a head to head...

Yes, TEN has strength of victory tiebreaker with PIT 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

IMO, of the realistic outcomes, the Bills match up best with Houston. I think Buffalo can slow the Texans offense and their defense is just OK.  The Titans' defense is pretty decent and I think the Titans running game could give the Bills fits.  The Chiefs are by far the worst match up. The defense isn't that great but I think the Bills would have problems containing their offense. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

For that to happen, we would have to most likely beat NE in NE and they would get Balt in Balt. Yikes!

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

The kid is 32 and has been in the league close to a decade

• Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

For that to happen, we would have to most likely beat NE in NE and they would get Balt in Balt. Yikes!

Never said it was likely or easy. But if we want even a faint hope of a home playoff game we need a better team at #6 than PIT, CLE or OAK.

Absolutely, it's not likely......but of all the possible 6 seeds (Titans, Steelers, Raiders) the Titans are the only team I could possibly see competing with the Chiefs/Patriots.

With that said I think think the Chiefs are going to destroy whoever they play if they end up as the 3 seed......if the Pats are the 3 seed (very unlikely) I'd give the Titans a chance at pulling off the upset.

What is very likely is if the Bills pull the upset wildcard weekend we are very likely facing the Ravens.......and to be honest I think I might rather face the Ravens rather than the Patriots or the Chiefs.