NFL Network only this Sat if you live outside of Buffalo

Sundancer

Like many, I don't get the NFL Network. The pirate streams are there but unreliable and illegal. 

I'm signing up for Sling Blue at $25 and canceling after the day. Seems like an ok if aggravating price for a single game. They allow for cancelling any time. 

Any other thoughts?

Edited by Sundancer

I know it's nicer to watch from home, but pretty much any bar, tavern, and restaurant that has TVs that play sports will have the game on.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Like many, I don't get the NFL Network. The pirate streams are there but unreliable and illegal. 

I'm signing up for Sling Blue at $25 and canceling after the day. Seems like an ok if aggravating price for a single game. They allow for cancelling any time. 

Any other thoughts?

A friend of mine has told me that the replacement for Reddit is very reliable and great picture quality too.

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s hard to duplicate that “throw the bottle through the screen” feeling at a bar.  

You can still do it ;)

It might make you very unpopular and lead to a period of incarceration though ;) 

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

I had Sling for a while when the cost of the extra cable channels became too much. I liked it. Even if you cancel the next day, they may let your subscription run through to the end of the month. If they do, check it out and see if you like it enough to keep. 

The WHEC link above says it's on special for $15 right now. 

Edited by Just Jack

32 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

A friend of mine has told me that the replacement for Reddit is very reliable and great picture quality too.

There are plenty of pirated ways to view. Maybe a few are top quality and can be viewed on your TV in really high quality. But I will stick with the legal feeds and get the highest quality. 

Much cheaper than the local bar by the way, and I won't have to be hanging out with Pats fans. 

I went with Sling Blue for $25 $15 on a special.

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I had Sling for a while when the cost of the extra cable channels became too much. I liked it. Even if you cancel the next day, they may let your subscription run through to the end of the month. If they do, check it out and see if you like it enough to keep. 

The WHEC link above says it's on special for $15 right now. 

The $15 is a special--that's correct. 

I have Hulu already and am happy. I'll cancel Sling after the game. 

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

move to  Buffalo 

I go to most of the home games but that's a bit more effort than I feel like the weekend before Christmas. 

Edited by Sundancer

22 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

FUBOtv 7 day free trial offer is another way to get it.  

In ROC, WHEC has posted ways to view without cable or satellite

https://www.whec.com/news/how-to-watch-bills-v-patriots-without-cable-or-satellite/5581258/

I used the FUBOtv free trial over the weekend to watch the President's Cup and it was fantastic.

I don't know if this particular game will be, but many times when on NFL Network it is also on Amazon Prime. I don't know if that helps the OP, but just for enhanced picture quality I've used it a couple times. There is a slight delay, like with any streaming option, but it is very good and once you leave it there and don't switch back and forth, it feels just like the live broadcast version. 

I screwed up and signed up to serve at 5:30 Mass this Saturday.  I was going to try to get a sub but felt like that might be a bad omen.  I wonder if I can rig up a small ear piece and feed the Sirius XM feed while at Mass?  

3 minutes ago, chaccof said:

I screwed up and signed up to serve at 5:30 Mass this Saturday.  I was going to try to get a sub but felt like that might be a bad omen.  I wonder if I can rig up a small ear piece and feed the Sirius XM feed while at Mass?  

Just don't start swearing if anything goes wrong!:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Any other thoughts?

I've been using the "pirate streams" for 5 years now. it's not illegal to watch and only the source reaps the implications if caught. reddit is no longer the source but the new one I use has been pretty reliable since reddit went down. HD quality and no interruptions.

why pay when I can watch for free?

• Like (+1) 1

Back when I was a kid in Buffalo (late 1960s and early 70s), my father would take me to Stockman’s Bar in Swormsville and we’d watch home games on a snowy, fuzzy picture on Channel 12 out of Erie, PA. I still remember Monte Ledbetter getting blasted after a catch and seeing him down, laying in the “snow”. 

If it was a big game, like the first Monday nighter in 73, we’d drive almost to Syracuse and get a motel room and watch it on the Syracuse station. 

Those are really special memories especially since my Dad passed in 1975. He went all out when it came to the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

You can still do it ;)

It might make you very unpopular and lead to a period of incarceration though ;) 

Did it at a bar in white plains New York a few years back.  It was against the wall, but it was a pretty full double kettle and tonic in a pint glass. I believe we were playing the Saints when a young Kenny Stills torched us...Iucky enough they just booted me. ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

FUBOtv 7 day free trial offer is another way to get it.  

In ROC, WHEC has posted ways to view without cable or satellite

https://www.whec.com/news/how-to-watch-bills-v-patriots-without-cable-or-satellite/5581258/

A friend of mine used this for thanksgiving. Other than a slight delay it seemed to work for him. 

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fox Atlanta has been running promos for the Saturday games, non-stop. I'd be surprised if it wasnt on here. But it wont matter because I'll be at the Bills Bar anyways!

Doing some googling it looks like I am wrong, and FOX will not be showing it. Strange with the commercials.

*Whispers (Free.....Phone......Football)  Just download the NFL app or the yahoo sports app.  It should be on there

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Wouldn't the app detect where you are and if not New England/Buffalo fail? 

I live in Philly and it hasn't failed me yet.  As long as the game is nationally televised, which it will be via NFL network, it'll work.

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

I don't know if this particular game will be, but many times when on NFL Network it is also on Amazon Prime

That's just for Thursday Night Football. 

This week is NFL Network only. I believe you can stream it to your phone using the NFL app and watch the ball as a pixel but don't take my word for that.

The $15 for Sling Blue for a month seems a low price to watch on my TV.  

53 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I've been using the "pirate streams" for 5 years now. it's not illegal to watch and only the source reaps the implications if caught. reddit is no longer the source but the new one I use has been pretty reliable since reddit went down. HD quality and no interruptions.

why pay when I can watch for free?

I pay for the same reasons I pay for music. 

I'm not on a high horse here. I've viewed pirated content before. But it's not right so I try to avoid it unless I suddenly find myself unable to see a game and can't find an alternative. This thread was meant to give people a heads up to alternatives. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

You could do a trial on U Tube TV as well. I watched Sunday night on a U tube trial while out of state.  (no cable TV in the house I was visiting)

I looked into this so I could compare it with Hulu. Youtube TV doesn't have NFL Network. 

Only Sling Blue and Fubo have it.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Why would Fox carry an AFC game to begin with?

I dunno, was confused about the commercials. Thought maybe they had rights to Saturday games since theyre replacing Thursday nigth games or something like that. Kinda how Thursday, Sunday night, and Monday night are Conference neutral.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

7 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

That's just for Thursday Night Football. 

This week is NFL Network only. I believe you can stream it to your phone using the NFL app and watch the ball as a pixel but don't take my word for that.

The $15 for Sling Blue for a month seems a low price to watch on my TV.  

I pay for the same reasons I pay for music. 

I'm not on a high horse here. I've viewed pirated content before. But it's not right so I try to avoid it unless I suddenly find myself unable to see a game and can't find an alternative. This thread was meant to give people a heads up to alternatives. 

I will double-check when I get home, but I don't think that's accurate because I've been prompted by Prime to watch other games. However, since I'm not positive I won't say definitively. If I can remember, I'll look tonight and update this post with new information. Best of luck regardless!