Predict the next great technological product.

I just saw a commercial for a smart faucet...it will pour the exact amount you need.  That's cool but not a breakthrough but got me thinking that these Tech dudes are getting very creative.

Something like a product that will make the existing obsolete....like what streaming is doing to the DVD.

I predict within ten years, no more physical TV's...or they'll start phasing out.  Projection will be the new thing.  But the base shoots up vertically so you just hang it right below the wall space you want.  

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just saw a commercial for a smart faucet...it will pour the exact amount you need.  That's cool but not a breakthrough but got me thinking that these Tech dudes are getting very creative.

Something like a product that will make the existing obsolete....like what streaming is doing to the DVD.

I predict within ten years, no more physical TV's...or they'll start phasing out.  Projection will be the new thing.  But the base shoots up vertically so you just hang it right below the wall space you want.  

Rather than an extension or rework of an existing product and going out nearly a decade the first "phaser."  It won't have destructive capabilities but will have a stun setting to protect against aggressors or intruders.

Edited by RochesterRob

53 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Explain to me how projection is new.

• Haha (+1) 3

We will see the elimination of purpose-built and named electronic devices.

Like, "PHONE", "TV", "RADIO", "COMPUTER", etc.

Everything you would want to do with electronics is going to be accessible in a hand held device and it will be able to do anything you want.  

We are kind of there already, but it will get more seamless in the years ahead.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Why would I tell you before the patent office?

Because you have no patentable technological breakthrough anyway, so whatever idea you write here will be of no loss to you.

This isn't so much new as much as we're about to hit technological strides that make it different than any conception of it before: hyper-realistic sexbots.

I won't go into what (or who) it makes obsolete for many.  It'll be an interesting social phenomenon for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Explain to me how projection is new.

Are they currently replacing the standard flat screen?  Does it project vertically so you don't have to hang the projector from the ceiling or on the other side of the room?

The answer is no.  

I'm talking about a thin panel that you hang below the area you want it to project too.  Then you can move it.  

You can watch your HGTV show above the fire place, in the garage, on the ceiling lying down looking up....

46 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

This isn't so much new as much as we're about to hit technological strides that make it different than any conception of it before: hyper-realistic sexbots.

I won't go into what (or who) it makes obsolete for many.  It'll be an interesting social phenomenon for sure.

You just want to bang robots don't you?

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are they currently replacing the standard flat screen?  Does it project vertically so you don't have to hang the projector from the ceiling or on the other side of the room?

The answer is no.  

I'm talking about a thin panel that you hang below the area you want it to project too.  Then you can move it.  

You can watch your HGTV show above the fire place, in the garage, on the ceiling lying down looking up....

You just want to bang robots don't you?

So you're going to project something parallel with the wall on which it's being viewed .... good luck with that, Watson.

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So you're going to project something parallel with the wall on which it's being viewed .... good luck with that, Watson.

I'm not going to develop it....I'm the Steve Jobs of this invention.  I'm the vision.  I'll need someone very, very, very smart to actually design and build it.

He's probably going to be Korean or Indian.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I can see a lot of incremental changes...

- Cell phone that unfolds to be a tablet sized screen

- More electric cars

- More driverless cars and trucks

- More video training and doctor visits

- More solar panels on our rooftops

- Less use of cash, which means more tracking of our habits and whereabouts 

- Everything is delivered, almost never go to a store, which means more tracking of our habits

I think things like faster airplanes and faster trains might be too expensive and use too much fuel to be practical

A propane driveway ... It'll look kind of like your backyard grill grate. You turn the propane on from inside your house, then press an igniter button and in 10 minutes no more snow in your driveway.

You can also use it to cook entire sides of beef or entire bambi's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The self-driving car is a good idea: gets me where I need to be safely and with minimal effort.

Yeah I know, it's already in the development/testing phase, but how about extending the concept.

The self-drinking beer. Same benefit as the self-driving car.

34 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

A propane driveway ... It'll look kind of like your backyard grill grate. You turn the propane on from inside your house, then press an igniter button and in 10 minutes no more snow in your driveway.

There are driveway heating systems, but they either use heated liquid or electricity. 

Mobile implants

Gonna make cell phones obsolete 

5 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

The self-driving car is a good idea: gets me where I need to be safely and with minimal effort.

Yeah I know, it's already in the development/testing phase, but how about extending the concept.

The self-drinking beer. Same benefit as the self-driving car.

Neither of those things will ever become obsolete. People like drinking and driving too much.

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Flying cars!

I watched a lot of The Jetsons as a kid. ?‍♀️

I've had the Jetsons theme song in my head for a solid week.  It's not an all day thing, but at some point of the day, I'll get a random, "Jane ... his wife ..." in my head, or "His boy, Elroy ..." I actually like the song, as far as theme songs go, so it's not bothering me .... yet.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Thanks for saving me from making a trip to the patent office and dashing all of my hopes.  ?

But your propane (or natural gas) could be cheaper, depending on how it runs. The electric is expensive to install and expensive to use.  The liquid requires some way of heating it up when needed.  Your propane would only be fed when needed.  The other cheaper option is flame thrower. 

10 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

A friends father had that built into their new house in the 70's. A heated driveway that melted the snow. Then it turned to ice soon as the heat was turned off

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've had the Jetsons theme song in my head for a solid week.  It's not an all day thing, but at some point of the day, I'll get a random, "Jane ... his wife ..." in my head, or "His boy, Elroy ..." I actually like the song, as far as theme songs go, so it's not bothering me .... yet.

first show came out 57 years ago. I really did dig the jetsons

46 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Thanks for saving me from making a trip to the patent office and dashing all of my hopes.  ?

As a kid in northeast Buffalo, I noticed the house on the northwest corner of Huntley and Eldon had this.  Electric heating lines laid in the driveway cement.  I’m in my sixties, so it’s not new.  
I’m waiting for the day they make a doorbell that sounds like the one at the Jetsons.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

4 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Body chip implants.  Monitor health as a start.  Who knows where it could go?

Kinda like a monitoring system sending feedback?

"Hello Mark, this is your Pfizer Monitor System, we've seen a spike in your white blood count and recommend you get a leukemia screening as soon as you can".

• Haha (+1) 2