We're On to Tennessee

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

This one hurts a but we're on to Tennessee.  We go into Tennessee next week with a chance to go 4-1 heading into the bye week and hang a loss on a team that is likely to be fighting it out at the end with you for a wild card.  You get the bye to rest up and have Miami at home for a chance to go 5-1.

This hurts but this team is far more prepared for a playoff run and to make some noise in the playoffs, than any Bills team in the last 20 years.  After watching today, if we win next week, it would be time to start more seriously pursuing possible trade options like A.J. Green and Trent Williams to fill some of our biggest holes.  

This team needs to tighten up a bit but we are  close to being very, very good.  There is still a lot of room to grow this season and I think we could be much better by the end.  We have to get the special teams figured out.  The punting game is costing us right now, obviously with the block but it has been poor all season.  

Just get the win next week.  We're on to Tennessee.

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

This one hurts a but we're on to Tennessee.  We go into Tennessee next week with a chance to go 4-1 heading into the bye week and hang a loss on a team that is likely to be fighting it out at the end with you for a wild card.  You get the bye to rest up and have Miami at home for a chance to go 5-1.

This hurts but this team is far more prepared for a playoff run and to make some noise in the playoffs, than any Bills team in the last 20 years.  After watching today, if we win next week, it would be time to start more seriously pursuing possible trade options like A.J. Green and Trent Williams to fill some of our biggest holes.  

This team needs to tighten up a bit but we are  close to being very, very good.  There is still a lot of room to grow this season and I think we could be much better by the end.  We have to get the special teams figured out.  The punting game is costing us right now, obviously with the block but it has been poor all season.  

Just get the win next week.  We're on to Tennessee.

Gotta score more than 20m ppg to be "very, very good"

Edited by Mr. WEO

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Gotta score more than 20m ppg to be "very, very good"

Yes but the yards have been there in every game except this one and that says a lot.  It's time to take the kids gloves off with Josh.  If he keeps playing hero ball he's going to have to sit.  He is not throwing picks from the pocket which is encouraging.  Almost all his turnovers don't happen if he just throws the ball away.

13 minutes ago, Big C said:

Tennessee is the most puzzling team in the NFL, at least since Mariota has been their QB. They sometimes look tough and sometimes look awful. I think we should beat them, but who knows.

Yep. They beat NE last year too. The HC is very familiar with the Pats D and were going to see a strong dose of the same stuff. Not optimistic right now, even as much as Mariotta blows. 

45 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

We got this one. 4-1 upcoming.

hope so.  This one worries me. (Well, so did today’s game, but that was like “playing with house money”, as other people have said.)

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Tennessee has a bad OL.

hows Mariota’s release time?   Sub-1.5s?

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

At Tenessee is tough game, hopefully they bounce back and beat another wildcard contender.   

I don't see the Titans as anything remotely resembling even a decent team. Mariota scares no one despite beating Atlanta. The last good defense he faced was in Jacksonville, and he was sacked like 9 times I believe

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

I don't see the Titans as anything remotely resembling even a decent team. Mariota scares no one despite beating Atlanta. The last good defense he faced was in Jacksonville, and he was sacked like 9 times I believe

They can lose to the Titans easily and will if they have 4 turnovers.   While they are not a world beater they are a hard nosed team and playing at home.  

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

They can lose to the Titans easily and will if they have 4 turnovers.   While they are not a world beater they are a hard nosed team and playing at home.  

They can lose to any team easily for that matter, but Mariota isn't even the second best QB we've faced so far. I'm really not that concerned

57 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

This is a huge game.  We need Allen back.  Or at least Singletary.

This would be a tough game without Allen. People would discover that Barkley’s 2018 Jets game was a fluke. We aren’t winning games with Barkley under center. I’m really hoping Allen is back next week. We can’t afford him to miss time this season. It not only alters this season outcome, but is detrimental to his development as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm actually looking forward to playing a team like the Titans.  The first few games were games you HAD to win against bad opponents.  The pats game is...well, the pats game and the angst that comes along with it for a lot of people.

The Titans though? A decent team that should lead to a good game.

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

All true. Well except maybe AJ Green. He did a too injury prone. Singletary will be the catalyst when he returns.  

Yeah, I’d pass on an older and expensive AJ to roll the dice on a deep WR class in the next draft. But maybe that’s just me. 

Looking forward to next weekend in Nashville! Love that city an a cool venue with access to downtown. WARNING: There is an easy pedestrian bridge that I missed last time. I found A bridge...with trucks whooshing by on a much longer route. My oops, and I was 100% sober! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Yeah, I’d pass on an older and expensive AJ to roll the dice on a deep WR class in the next draft. But maybe that’s just me. 

Looking forward to next weekend in Nashville! Love that city an a cool venue with access to downtown. WARNING: There is an easy pedestrian bridge that I missed last time. I found A bridge...with trucks whooshing by on a much longer route. My oops, and I was 100% sober! 

I thought about walking across the bridge, but I kind of want to drive so I have my car there to tailgate.

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

I thought about walking across the bridge, but I kind of want to drive so I have my car there to tailgate.

My plan was to Uber there early, then walk across the pedestrian bridge into downtown after the game. From there, we’ll probably walk into the gulch which I prefer over Broadway or the downtown stuff.

I have to figure the tailgate thing out. @Seasons1992 is doing the all inclusive pre-made tailgate for about $50, but if @plenzmd1 figures out where the rest of the Bills fans are (core group), I might try that. Not opposed to the $50/head, but I want the pure Bills fan experience. I’m happy to get a bunch of BBQ and tailgate stuff Saturday, but I’ll be in a hotel with no room to keep stuff. I think Plenz has an Airbnb and may have a place to keep stuff I pick up Saturday. He’s making friggin’ awesome wings at Hammers now, so I expect no response soon.  

What are your tailgate plans? Time? Place? Food and drink? 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

My plan was to Uber there early, then walk across the pedestrian bridge into downtown after the game. From there, we’ll probably walk into the gulch which I prefer over Broadway or the downtown stuff.

I have to figure the tailgate thing out. @Seasons1992 is doing the all inclusive pre-made tailgate for about $50, but if @plenzmd1 figures out where the rest of the Bills fans are (core group), I might try that. Not opposed to the $50/head, but I want the pure Bills fan experience. I’m happy to get a bunch of BBQ and tailgate stuff Saturday, but I’ll be in a hotel with no room to keep stuff. I think Plenz has an Airbnb and may have a place to keep stuff I pick up Saturday. He’s making friggin’ awesome wings at Hammers now, so I expect no response soon.  

What are your tailgate plans? Time? Place? Food and drink? 

Let’s connect on PM. I am driving over early Saturday morning and staying downtown.  I will probably drive to the field early so I can bring my cooler and tailgate right. Not sure where yet.  I will probably head back to the strip after the game and party there. 

Just now, Best Player Available said:

In my experience at road games. Pretty much the bus lot is where pinto Kenny will set up.

Which road fans will look for. And the largest Bills fans tailgates can be found there. Or right outside the bus lot. 

Your mileage may vary.,

When we were in Nashville a few years ago that seemed to be the case. The bus lot was LOADED! (Literally and figuratively.) @CountryCletus told me he’d be the only guy in a Sanbourn jersey, which was probably true, but impossible to find among tens of thousands of people!  It’s a little south of the stadium, which gives me pause about the “pre-made” tailgate which is a little north of the stadium. I want to see all you nut jobs on game day, so we’ll work on details this week. 

• Like (+1) 1