Bills sign DT Kyle Peko from PS

YoloinOhio

Good for Peko.  He flashed the ability to push the pocket in preseason.  One of the knocks on Taylor is that is he a pure, but good run stuffer.

Peko is going to have to play right away....here's hoping he kicks some ass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Meh. I was really hoping for Vincent Taylor call up. Bigger body that I feel like would’ve come in handy this week as the Cheats try to test our run defense. Peko seems like a good guy, but not sure how much he helps. Hope he proves me wrong. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 3

That makes sense - what I find interesting is the releasing of Curtis Akins - wasn’t that the LB that was with Cincinnati and basically brought in just that week and then released.

Maybe he didn’t fit, but maybe we got some info from him.  Hall was signed back to the PS and I think we still have an opening.

Very Curious!

58 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Meh. I was really hoping for Vincent Taylor call up. Bigger body that I feel like would’ve come in handy this week as the Cheats try to test our run defense. Peko seems like a good guy, but not sure how much he helps. Hope he proves me wrong. 

I agree, not liking this decision.  Expect Bill to run right at him Sunday.  Vincent would've been the better play?

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree, not liking this decision.  Expect Bill to run right at him Sunday.  Vincent would've been the better play?

I hate to be “that guy” but how the heck would we know who would be the better guy to sign? The Bills brass see these guys all day every day. We have YouTube highlights and a few preseason games. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hate to be “that guy” but how the heck would we know who would be the better guy to sign? The Bills brass see these guys all day every day. We have YouTube highlights and a few preseason games. 

To some degree, I agree. But, Vincent Taylor has been good enough to play 21 games (vs. 7 for Peko) in this league and put up some decent stats for his position, including 2 sacks last year. Not a huge sample size to draw from, but a few internet analysts liked the Taylor signing. Either way, it’s not ideal to have lost Harry for the year, but I feel like Belly is going to try us in the run game. To me, Taylor would’ve been harder to push around. Again, I hope I’m wrong. 

Edited by TheProcess

56 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

That makes sense - what I find interesting is the releasing of Curtis Akins - wasn’t that the LB that was with Cincinnati and basically brought in just that week and then released.

Maybe he didn’t fit, but maybe we got some info from him.  Hall was signed back to the PS and I think we still have an opening.

Very Curious!

...agree.....Akins had a 15 MINUTE ONLY parking spot in the employee lot.......more curious about Peko vs Taylor versus the analyses I've read here about Taylor>Peko.....what do you think bud?.........

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not only that but the new guy hasn't been here that long Peko could just be the better fit for the short term.

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Taylor has more experience in actual NFL games (not preseason). Better numbers and his size is more suited to a 1 tech than Peko. Hey, they know more than all of us and I hope I'm wrong. JMHO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Taylor has more experience in actual NFL games (not preseason). Better numbers and his size is more suited to a 1 tech than Peko. Hey, they know more than all of us and I hope I'm wrong. JMHO

He's the same size as Harry

You know....the guy he's replacing....

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree.....Akins had a 15 MINUTE ONLY parking spot in the employee lot.......more curious about Peko vs Taylor versus the analyses I've read here about Taylor>Peko.....what do you think bud?.........

Hard to know for sure.  I think Taylor is more like what they want out of Star as a run stuffer.

I think Peko is more like Harry - can play the 1 against the run, but has a bit more QB rush in him.

I think for this week and next - I would of preferred Taylor, but I get using Peko. 

I trust the team on this.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Hard to know for sure.  I think Taylor is more like what they want out of Star as a run stuffer.

I think Peko is more like Harry - can play the 1 against the run, but has a bit more QB rush in him.

I think for this week and next - I would of preferred Taylor, but I get using Peko. 

I trust the team on this.

.....thanks bud....have to ask the best analyst here.....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know this is probably a bit of a blind shot across the bow but I wonder if the coaching staff watching the two on the practice squad and have coached a 3-0 team know better who to elevate to the field on game day.

7 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I trust McBeane, they know way more than any of the wannabe experts on here.

See above. Agree!

34 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I know this is probably a bit of a blind shot across the bow but I wonder if the coaching staff watching the two on the practice squad and have coached a 3-0 team know better who to elevate to the field on game day.

See above. Agree!

Also, Peko knows the scheme much better at this point and they have mentioned that while they live the crowd noise when the opponent is on offense, it has made communication on the defense a challenge. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I trust McBeane, they know way more than any of the wannabe experts on here.

Sure, because they’ve never been wrong. Having an opinion based on what the two players have demonstrated on the field apparently makes us “wannabe experts”. No one is proclaiming to be an expert. You can still trust them (like I do), and question the move. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Except the article says Peko plays the 1 and Taylor is more a combo 1/3