Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I doubt that Duke clears waivers and I have to think Buffalo really wants to hold onto him.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

They've been watching him in practice for 3 months. If they wanted him badly they'd have kept him on the 53.

No offense 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Solid i would say. He didn't show much beyond 2 red zone catches, and the Bills would know better what he looked like in practice than anyone else 

I thought he did a nice job on slants, using his body to shield off the defender and hands catching the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I doubt that Duke clears waivers and I have to think Buffalo really wants to hold onto him.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I think he might. WR are usually not as desirable off of waivers because the team has to put him on their 53 and he’s had no work on their offense or with their QBs, and no proven track record. Also doesn’t play ST.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

Best guess is that McKenzie not being PS eligible, they decided to take a chance because they wanted to keep both and the only way to do it was to hope Williams clears waivers. Either way the young man will be on a squad this year.

2 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Duke and Ray Ray were cut so phillips and sills are still on the team? interesting

My guess is that most, if not all, of the cuts have already been informed. It's just a matter of how fast the player agent gets the news out.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes it was! Loved the team. I made All Star in a Church Basketball League and the game was played at the Aud just before a Sonics/Braves game. I dropped a swish from what would later become 3pt range. Great thrill & time! Loved Ernie D from Providence too. Loved ‘em all, from Elmore Smith to Adrian Dantley

Edit: preferred the blue unis over the originals.

Great times indeed! 

Never thought I’d be nostalgic for John Hummer and yet, here I am. 

• Sad 1

Not surprised and glad McCoy is gone.  He was going to be unhappy.. being in a multi RB timeshare.  

It's not that he doesn't have it anymore, because I think he would still make an excellent 3rd down back/pass catcher.  But for the price, you're getting a situational player at best, a distraction/ineffective player at worst

Edited by berg1029
  • Like (+1) 3