Bills did not Tender Logan Thomas Now a UFA

MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Disappointing. Don't see why he can't stick around for cheap depth. Seems like he's still developing. Nice fake punt last year, too.

It’s hard to change positions. It was a low risk experiment but after 2 years they are probably just ready to move on from the project. 

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Who actually didnt fare much better with his next team (Miami?)

A lot of projects just dont work out....it does not mean that you should not try.....Jason Peters was a project at one point

Granted, Timothy O'Leary didn't have much of year with the fins, but IMO he was much better receiving option.   Two year totals for both guys...Thomas 19 Rec for 144 yds. ...O'Leary 30 for 408. O'leary got dumped in a year they needed guys who could catch.  Not a big deal, but he might have been useful last year.     

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JimmyNoodles said:

Granted, Timothy O'Leary didn't have much of year with the fins, but IMO he was much better receiving option.   Two year totals for both guys...Thomas 19 Rec for 144 yds. ...O'Leary 30 for 408. O'leary got dumped in a year they needed guys who could catch.  Not a big deal, but he might have been useful last year.     

For the record I did not want to dump O'Leary

I think my point is the talent level of O'Leary and Logan Thomas are similar.....and better is needed and I am hoping that Kroft is better and more help is coming.

Croom meanwhile is a oversized WR that cant block......but will prob be in the TE mix

Oh well, neither are going to be starters in this league. It's good we moved on from both and I do hope we get one of the top guys in the draft. But, Logan always seemed like a class guy, I wish him the best--as long as it's not with the Patriots.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

For the record I did not want to dump O'Leary

I think my point is the talent level of O'Leary and Logan Thomas are similar.....and better is needed and I am hoping that Kroft is better and more help is coming.

Croom meanwhile is a oversized WR that cant block......but will prob be in the TE mix

I think we'll draft one too, and I like Croom as a TE experiment much more than Thomas.  

3 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Oh well, neither are going to be starters in this league. It's good we moved on from both and I do hope we get one of the top guys in the draft. But, Logan always seemed like a class guy, I wish him the best--as long as it's not with the Patriots.

...LOL....ends up there as Gronk's heir apparent.......

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No Croom can catch?

No, Croom can catch!

No, Croom can block.

No Croom can block!

I think if we released Croom right now that he would be lucky to make it onto another team. If we sign D. Allen and draft a TE I’m 90% sure he’s getting cut.

There are a good amount of guys still out there. While I think they avoid a guy like ASJ...you got secondary guys like Jeff Hueuerman, Maxx Williams, James O'Shaungessy, AJ Derby, Matt LaCosse...all guys who are interesting who have some upside as guys under 30. I also think you could make a trade for Tyler Higbee. 

The Thomas experiment was a good idea and worth a shot, but it just didn't work out and I'm fine with that. I still think Croom is a scrub, but I know I'm out numbered on that one. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There are a good amount of guys still out there. While I think they avoid a guy like ASJ...you got secondary guys like Jeff Hueuerman, Maxx Williams, James O'Shaungessy, AJ Derby, Matt LaCosse...all guys who are interesting who have some upside as guys under 30. I also think you could make a trade for Tyler Higbee. 

The Thomas experiment was a good idea and worth a shot, but it just didn't work out and I'm fine with that. I still think Croom is a scrub, but I know I'm out numbered on that one. 

I think Higbee would be a perfect fit here if the price is right. 

• Like (+1) 1