2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

You do realize Dawkins and McDermott are the only tackles on the roster right?

Sirles. And we have a ton of money in FA which I have said several times I would use almost exclusively on Olineman. We could probably get mills back cheap or find another RT in FA. I just don’t want to use an early pick on a tackle. It’s not worth it. There are way to many other things I want to use that pick on. Dawkins is good enough for me at LT and RT is not something that I’m interested in wasting a top 10 pick on.

16 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Felt like it was the QB from the tape I watched. His body control was really outstanding too. That’s not something the combine can really measure well. I am pretty high on Harry  looks like he can do it all. 

A good 40 time is probably not the "cure all" for separation concerns so I should check myself - as another poster mentioned, coaches usually pay more attention to the 10 yard splits to get an idea of quickness out of gates or out of breaks.

• Like (+1) 1

Waiting for Deebo and Ridley from the next group.

I think if Bills go WR round 2 we are looking at AJ Brown, Riley Ridley, Parris Campbell or Deebo Samuels.

Id almost guess 4-5 of the first 10 picks in round 2 will be a WR.

14 minutes ago, WideNine said:

A good 40 time is probably not the "cure all" for separation concerns so I should check myself - as another poster mentioned, coaches usually pay more attention to the 10 yard splits to get an idea of quickness out of gates or out of breaks.

I'm very interested in guys like Marquis Brown and Paris Campbell. It seems as though the more intricate modern passing schemes require guys that can get in and out of cuts and gain true separation. Size still has value, but not nearly as much as it did in the past where many attemps were go up and get it jump ball plays. Metcalf is just a freak so he's in a league of his own, but I'm not enamored with Harry or Butler. AJ Brown looks like a more fluid athlete than either if you're looking for a more prototypical WR.

Campbell could very have a Cooks/Hill like impact.

Edited by BillsSB2020
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm starting to think Metcalf won't even be there at 9. I'm all in if he's there. The upside is through the roof. There is no such thing as a sure thing in the draft, so why not swing for the fences?

Edited by BillsSB2020

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I'm starting to think it's possible Metcalf won't even be there at 9. I'm all in if he's there. The upside is through the roof. There is no such thing as a sure thing in the draft, so why not swing for the fences?

He won’t be

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I'm starting to think Metcalf won't even be there at 9. I'm all in if he's there. The upside is through the roof. There is no such thing as a sure thing in the draft, so why not swing for the fences?

With his combine, if he hadn’t been hurt this season and actually put up the numbers, we could be talking about him going first overall. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Man....I was hoping Metcalf would run 4.45.......  4.33 at his size?  Are you kidding me?  Well......he is definitely a top 10 pick now and maybe just became out of reach at 9.  Crazy.

Not trying to compare style and productivity, but Metcalf's combine showing is definitely Calvin Johnson-like.  That kind of athleticism doesn't come along every year.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

He won’t be

Gruden need to call a doctor for the four hour erection he is sporting after Metcalf’s performance in the explosion events. 

• Haha (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

No Hock, no Fant.......the TE's they met with are 2nd and 3rd-4th round prospects so perhaps tipping their hand where they plan to spend their draft capital. I like Risner where he is projected to go and some of the other OT options if they fall a bit, but even though they need a road-grader to man the RT spot - that player still has to be able to move in space the way teams like to line their DEs in a wide 9 from either side... RTs have to be able to handle the speed rushers too IMO.

The way Kaleb McGary and some of the other prospects move, I see them more inside at G.

Honestly feel they cannot pass up on some of the defensive talent at 9, although I think Hock would do wonders for Allen's game.

You can't get too wrapped around the axle with these prospects or you end up spending the next few seasons pissing and moaning about missed chances like Mahomes where everyone here starts looking for you to move on from your man-crush.

Of course I have to admit it would sting a bit (a lot) if one of the better receiving skill players ended up in NE's lap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Not trying to cmpare style and productivity, but Metcalf's combine showing is definitely Calvin Johnson-like.  That kind of athleticism doesn't come along every year.

I get the comparison. But I think it’s a disservice to Calvin. 

If if I’m not mistaken he was about 2 inches taller and 5-7 lb heavier. It was really in a league of its own. 

I wouldn’t hate Metcalf, but I’m always hesitant about “shiny” over production. 

Honestly, it guys like Metcalf and Josh Jacobs, and Hockenson jump into the top ten and push a Josh Allen into our laps, I will be so happy.

Edited by whatdrought

And yet Metcalf had 30 catches last year and averaged 3 receptions per game in the SEC...

To me, he's an athlete trying to play football right now 

Just now, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Murray, Haskins, Bosa, Williams, Metcalf, Allen all likely go in the top 6.   My best guess is that this leaves us with 2 of the following to choose from:

Jonah Williams

Jawaan Taylor

Rashan Gary

Ed Oliver

You may choose to add Christian Wilkins to that list 

• Like (+1) 3