2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nope. 

He just ran a 4.49, solid time too.

Just yanking your chain - none of us (well most of us) are smart enough not to throw out absolutes when it comes to NFL success just based on combine numbers

• Like (+1) 1

Several of the big guys are showing they have some speed.  Boykin from Notre Dame, Custis from Syracuse, Jazz Fergusson NW State.  Unfortunately Kelvin Harmon is not one of them.  I think he just cost himself some spots in the draft.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This Emmanuel Hall kid is having a helluva combine 

He’s in the next group 

I understand the knock on Hall is he drops some balls he shouldn't sometimes.  If you can get him to be more consistent in his concentration, you've got a gem.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Several of the big guys are showing they have some speed.  Boykin from Notre Dame, Custis from Syracuse, Jazz Fergusson NW State.  Unfortunately Kelvin Harmon is not one of them.  I think he just cost himself some spots in the draft.

I understand the knock on Hall is he drops some balls he shouldn't sometimes.  If you can get him to be more consistent in his concentration, you've got a gem.

Same with Parris Campbell. His hand scare the ***** out of me. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

NKeal Harry really good run. He’s impressive. 

Harry needed a good run, a lot of questions around his ability to separate based on his film. Was hard to tell if it was more a QB ball placement issue or a lack of quickness. The 4.5 speed will push him up boards.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What about Oliver?

He is my dark horse Bill's candidate - snow boarding and basketball background (body control) ran the 40 in the 4.6's and has the biggest perhaps best hands of all of the prospects.

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

How far does Irv Smith fall, being 6'2" and having smaller hands?

I don’t know if he will “fall” - teams already knew how big he was - these guys are measured by scouts all year. You might get more accurate this weekend to confirm or detail up what you already have 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was beginning to like the idea of Fant in the second, but that is out of the question now. I like Hock better, but only if we trade back.

Irv Smith could very well be a third rounder at this point.

Can't find Hock's 40 time anywhere. Every google search turns up Fant's 4.5.

Also interested to know what Tyre Brady from Marshall ran or will run. Anyone have that info on Hock and Brady?

Edited by BillsSB2020

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I was beginning to like the idea of Fant in the second, but that is out of the question now. I like Hock better, but only if we trade back.

Fant will still go outside the 1st imo. I don’t think Smith stock will change, he was always in that range 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

What about Oliver?

He is my dark horse Bill's candidate - snow boarding and basketball background (body control) ran the 40 in the 4.6's and has the biggest perhaps best hands of all of the prospects.

Yeah, he's having a nice combine.  I guess he needs some work on route running, but the tools are there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Can't find Hock's 40 time anywhere. Every google search turns up Fant's 4.5. Anyone know?

Hock ran a 4.71 or 4.76. I forgot exactly which because they were talking about Ertz and Hock. One of those is Hock and one is Ertz. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Can't find Hock's 40 time anywhere. Every google search turns up Fant's 4.5. Anyone know?

Hock's time was back a few pages in this thread 4.70.

Yolo has been fast with the updates, NFL.com not so much, but you can check there too: http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=saturday

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Hock ran a 4.71 or 4.76. I forgot exactly which because they were talking about Ertz and Hock. One of those is Hock and one is Ertz. 

Definitely not a disqualifying 40 for Hockenson. I would expect it to hurt his stock SOME.

Miles Boykin has put up a 43.5 inch vertical to go with his 4.42 40 at almost 6'4."  He was regarded as more of a possession receiver at Notre Dame.  I think he's earning a closer look.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Miles Boykin has put up a 43.5 inch vertical to go with his 4.42 40 at almost 6'4."  He was regarded as more of a possession receiver at Notre Dame.  I think he's earning a closer look.

Late in the season most analyst were pretty down on this receiving class, just not a whole lot of standout productivity last year.

Looking at some of these combine numbers and how some of these guys are crushing drills you start to wonder if it was not just a really weak crop of QBs holding a lot of these guys back? Makes me feel more hopeful that the Bills should be able to find someone who can contribute - they can't all have bad hands :)

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if he will “fall” - teams already knew how big he was - these guys are measured by scouts all year. You might get more accurate this weekend to confirm or detail up what you already have 

If NE doesn't take him  at the end of rd 1 and he's there when we pick in rd 2, do you grab him?

11 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I agree.  Really helping his stock

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hock 4.71

Must be a typo in the NFL.com site.

Have his time listed as 4.70 without the "u" unofficial tag, but they have the video and I thought the clock read 4.71 too. 

We'll see if they change it.

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Must be a typo in the NFL.com site.

Have his time listed as 4.70 without the "u" unofficial tag, but they have the video and I thought the clock read 4.71 too. 

We'll see if they change it.

I’m just going from what they said after he ran. That was unofficial 

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Harry needed a good run, a lot of questions around his ability to separate based on his film. Was hard to tell if it was more a QB ball placement issue or a lack of quickness. The 4.5 speed will push him up boards.

Felt like it was the QB from the tape I watched. His body control was really outstanding too. That’s not something the combine can really measure well. I am pretty high on Harry  looks like he can do it all. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m just going from what they said after he ran. That was unofficial 

No worries - they have the videos of his runs tagged next to his time and the clock read 4.71 so go figure?

AJ Brown looks solid... the knock on him was speed. He ran a 4.49. I think he helped solidify himself in the early 2nd.

Watching Hakeem Butler this kid is not a very good route runner. Even in shorts he didn’t look smooth at all.

Even NKeal looked slow in and out of cuts.

I was impressed with with Parris Campbell and AJ Brown from the first group.

Hockenson ran a 7.02 3 Cone. That’s better than like 95% of the RBs. Fant was a 6.81 which is a 3 Cone for a CB.  I still think hands and blocking gives the edge to Hockenson.

• Like (+1) 2